GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Recording mixes to .wav or .mp3...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kev

Bar Manager

Vibes: 0.12

Member #: 303

Post Post subject: Recording mixes to .wav or .mp3... Reply with quote

Hi,

Can anyone help me here...I need an explanation on how to record my mixes in VTT to a WAV or MP3 output...I only have one soundcard and know it is possible without having 2, so any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

-Kev Very Happy

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2001 3:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
YxPriit

Total Newbie

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 741

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Use TotalRecorder.....available in tocows...that should help ;)
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2001 3:42 pm
Kev

Bar Manager

I tried Total Recorder in 2 programs (Virtual Turntables & BPM Studio), only problem is, whenever i use the pitch control in VTT the song starts jumping around and doesn't record properly. Also, in BPM Studio whenever i touch any button or adjust pitch etc the song sounds "poppy" (like the speaker crackles) and a little jumpy, but records ok...its too hard to mix when it sounds like this to my ear though...any ideas?

-Kev Very Happy

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 11:06 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Public Tranceport

Part-Time Clubber

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 1,329

Post Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Watts-up guys? k_mccrindle the problem is not what you're recording with or VTT but its your computer, probably the CPU (its just not fast enough), 'cause you find you can record fine until you do something. I also tried to record with VTT, I have 2 soundcards and it still skipped and crap, the only 2 solutions, get another sound card and hook up an external mixer and record it that way, it works fine for me or get a faster CPU. Very Happy

Hope I helped... Wink

CHEERS!!! :p

PT Productions
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2001 5:59 pm
Kev

Bar Manager

I've got a 1ghz 256mb RAM and a half decent on-board soundcard, so I presume it's nothing to do with that. Oh well, just looks like I'll have to skip making mix CDs for now. Sad

-Kev Very Happy

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2001 8:43 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: