GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Adding basslines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuvFromAbuv

Getting acquainted

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 173

Post Post subject: Adding basslines Reply with quote

For those of you who are DJs, I have a question that I hope can be answered in a simple way...What elements are needed and how are they executed to add a bassline to a track in a live performance? Samplers perhaps? Please let me know how this is made possible. Thanks
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 1:40 pm
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the easiest way is to find a track with a bassline that you love, then all you have to do is rip that track onto your computer cut a loop of the bassline loop it and copy and paste it until you have likt 3 (or however long u want it) minutes off the bassline repeated. Burn it onto a CD and there u have it! A song which is your favourite bassline Smile

Then during your liveset mix the CD in where you want the bassline Smile COOL!

Good programs are http://www.cooledit.com and http://www.goldwave.com

Smile ENJOY!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 2:01 pm
LuvFromAbuv

Getting acquainted

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 173

Post Post subject: Bassline Reply with quote

Okay, that is the easy way, that I know...What I really need to know is when playing live, or just at home, adding a bassline to an existing track to give it your certain sound...can this be done through live mixing or does it need ot be done in the studio. For example, every track on a PVD set has that certain sound that meks you say , "That is a PVD track". using samplers, is this possible to create a bassline, loop it, and drop it into the track you are playing (Or is this impossible!)
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 2:21 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: