GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Cubase HELP please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TranceAddict14
Bryant
Weekend Clubber

Vibes: 11.60

Member #: 5,520

Post Post subject: Cubase HELP please! Reply with quote

Hi everyone i got Cubase SX today and i been messin around wit it for a while and im totally confused.My main question is.....are u able to use your typing keyboard as a piano just like u can in FL Studios? Or do i have to go buy a MIDI controller?.....sry im broke right now..so if anyone can help me out it would be helpful
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:44 pm
Trancegate

Regular Clubber

Vibes: 10.50

Member #: 5,928

Post Post subject: Re: Cubase HELP please! Reply with quote

TranceAddict14 wrote:
Hi everyone i got Cubase SX today and i been messin around wit it for a while and im totally confused.My main question is.....are u able to use your typing keyboard as a piano just like u can in FL Studios?

you can't do that with a sequencer program... Laughing (FL sucks)

but if you realy want to control midi signals from keyboard (BIAX!!!!) use a program that has a virtual piano roll and gives you the possibility to play with keyboard, (virtual piano or something, i don't remember)

Quote:
Or do i have to go buy a MIDI controller?.....sry im broke right now..so if anyone can help me out it would be helpful

that's the best decision...

no money??? Sad

check the m-audio and evolution controlers

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.subfamily&ID=usbmidicontrollers

you can buy a cheap old synth too for use as a controller

Its impossible to compose music using a sequencer without a midi controller...
Many people use reason and FL for that reason, I call these programs illusion of creation... but they are good programs ass secondary tools (rewire, exporting loops you made...) etc.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:22 pm
TranceAddict14
Bryant
Weekend Clubber

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i made some decent tracks off of FL lol.Thanks on your comment...but whats that thing your talkin about? the Virtual Piano?...if u can give me some names of it i can probly try and get it...but im tryin hard to get a controller though.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:36 am
Trancegate

Regular Clubber

TranceAddict14 wrote:
Hey i made some decent tracks off of FL lol.

i believe you... why don't you try ableton live?

Quote:
...but whats that thing your talkin about? the Virtual Piano?

here it is... http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio/vpiano.htm

its a virtual midi controler that installs an extra virual midi port to windows, after instaling properly that program you can play with your keyboard... thats usefull when you use a laptop and you cant have a midi keyboard with you...

but please go and buy a midi keyboard... its worth it Wink

http://www.edirol.com/products/keyboard.html
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.subfamily&ID=usbmidicontrollers
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:24 pm
TranceAddict14
Bryant
Weekend Clubber

KOOL! thanks...but can i use it with Cubase SX? if so how? cuz all im hearin is a regular piano Confused
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:25 am
Trancegate

Regular Clubber

TranceAddict14 wrote:
KOOL! thanks...but can i use it with Cubase SX? if so how? cuz all im hearin is a regular piano Confused

that piano is midi sound, you have to set the output with your midi port from the program (from "Configure") and then select the same port as input from the cubase midi channel, and as output a VSTi instrument (im not sure) then configure the cubase to play in backgrond cause you ll be able to control midi signals from the keyboard but when you select the Vpiano the cubase stops the sound...
im afraid i cant help you more, i have to try it my selph

P.S. wellcome to real music software, its hard but im sure youll find how to use it properly...
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:09 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: