GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Does anybody use Fruityloops to make their music?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rycooder

Getting acquainted

Vibes: 2.78

Member #: 5,722

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesmer wrote:
EJay ??? Laughing

Frooty is okaysh Razz
Reason is a lot better
AbSynth EVEN BETTER! Very Happy

i use absynth in fruityloops.. i dont think u can do much with absynth on its own Confused
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:24 pm
Trancegate

Regular Clubber

Vibes: 10.50

Member #: 5,928

if you can't make a synth sound good then you dont know how to setup it, if you dont use a good sequencer then youll never make a quality song, i heard all of these tracks you made, none of them sounds good, there are only good as ideas, try to use a cubase, its the easyest sequenser, live is good too, for trance synths try to find a VSTi with many oscilator waveshapes, like Albino or Vanguard, trance produsers are using Access Virus to make these leads, Alesis ION and Nord Lead are VERY good too for trance, most of VSTi synths since 2000 were clasic analog synths.
ejay is not a music prog, its just a mixing toy.
reason is too easy and does not have very good sound quality, the best way to use it is as rewire (slave) mode with a good sequencer, but dont use it for basic sounds.

to make good music you need good gear. hardware synths are way better than soft.

for example (Van Buurens gear Wink )

Synthesizers:
Roland JD990
Novation Supernova II
Roland JV2080 expanded
Korg MS2000R
Alesis Andromeda
Access Virus A
Access Virus C
Yamaha FS1R
Yamaha TX81Z
Roland JP8080
Roland TR909
Clavia Nordlead 3
Roland JX8P
Roland JD800

Computers and midi:

Apple G5 Mac dual 1.8 GHz running Emagic Logic Pro 6.4
Protools HD2 with 96 I/O
PC, running Soundforge, Ak.sys, and Recycle
Unitor8 and AMT8 for midi

Software:
Emagic Logic Audio Pro 6.4
Protools 6.2
Emagic Sounddiver
Spark XL 2.8.2
Reason 2.5
Ableton LIVE
Sonic Foundry Soundforge

Plug-ins:
Emagic EXS24, ES1, ES2, EVP88, etc.
Spectrasonics Trilogy, Atmosphere and Stylus
East West String Collection
Absynth 2
FM7
pHATmatik Pro
Virus Indigo
Waves GOLD
T-Racks
and many more

Mixer:
Analog 32 channel Soundcraft mixer.
Signex tiny palladium patchbay to which all in- and outputs are routed.

Monitoring:
Mackie HR824
Dynaudio 2
Yamaha MSP5

Singingbooth:
Focusrite Voicebox Green (Mic-preamp)
AKG414B-ULS Mic
Samson headphoneamp

Samplers:
Akai S5000 with 16 channel output
EXS24 (software)

Recording and playback:
Tascam DA45
Pioneer 9601
Midiman Digital Patchbay
Pioneer CMX5000 twin CD
Denon DRM 740 Tapedeck

Hardware effects:
Ensoniq DP4+
TC Electronics Fireworks
TC Electronics M.One
Lexicon MPX1
Drawmer Dl 241 compressor
Dbx 266XL Compressor/Gate
Electrix Filterfactory
Electrix Warpfactory

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:58 pm
Dj Traxxlover
David Lau
Bar Staff

Vibes: 25.46

Member #: 3,577

holy sh*t ..trancegate you r loaded aren't u
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 1:49 am
Trancegate

Regular Clubber

THIS IS VAN BUURENS GEAR!!!
im not a pro to go and buy this gear mate,
anyway, you dont need the best synths to make the best music, im just giving an example.
anyway, i dont realy understand this guy, i thing this gear is too mush!
he has 15 synthesizers, to make music you need only 2 or 3,
he has a PC and (!) a Mac running pro tools! Confused (not the easyest sequenser but the best)
he is the only composer i know that has more hardware than software,
im not sayng that software sucks, im using it a lot.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:19 am
Aquascape

Podium Dancer

Vibes: 47.46

Member #: 5,508

Trancegate wrote:
if you can't make a synth sound good then you dont know how to setup it, if you dont use a good sequencer then youll never make a quality song, i heard all of these tracks you made, none of them sounds good, there are only good as ideas, try to use a cubase, its the easyest sequenser, live is good too, for trance synths try to find a VSTi with many oscilator waveshapes, like Albino or Vanguard, trance produsers are using Access Virus to make these leads, Alesis ION and Nord Lead are VERY good too for trance, most of VSTi synths since 2000 were clasic analog synths.
reason is too easy and does not have very good sound quality, the best way to use it is as rewire (slave) mode with a good sequencer, but dont use it for basic sounds.
to make good music you need good gear. hardware synths are way better than soft.

I'm not sure who's music you were talking about when you said it was no good since you didn't quote them, so I can't make a comparison between your views and mine. I do however think that you are far to obsessed with the idea that expensive equipment is a necessity and good results cannot be achieved with fairly priced, modest equipment. Yes, you have a lot more freedom with an array of hardware synths, effects units etc. at your disposal but that still does not mean that by using something more simple the results will always be no good. At the end of the day the most important skill to have is an ear for music. If you don't have that then it won't matter how much expensive stuff you own.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:36 pm
Trancegate

Regular Clubber

Aquascape wrote:
Trancegate wrote:

I'm not sure who's music you were talking about when you said it was no good since you didn't quote them, so I can't make a comparison between your views and mine. I do however think that you are far to obsessed with the idea that expensive equipment is a necessity and good results cannot be achieved with fairly priced, modest equipment. Yes, you have a lot more freedom with an array of hardware synths, effects units etc. at your disposal but that still does not mean that by using something more simple the results will always be no good. At the end of the day the most important skill to have is an ear for music. If you don't have that then it won't matter how much expensive stuff you own.

im not saying that to make the perfect song you need expensive equipment, im just saying that you need the rigth equipment!
FL is the software to make you understand what is all about with computer music and music technology, find how the synthesizer works, what is subtructive synthesis (how does an analog synth realy works to be able to make your own sound), not using all the time the standard samples (snares kicks etc.) and know how to use a drumsynth, FL is not the perfect enviroment to do these things, a real sequenser is, im not sayng that some songs are bad, im sayng that the are very good as ideas but not so good at the "sound" part, thats all.

use software, but use the right software.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:59 pm
Massive

Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 4.99

Member #: 4,024

Trancegate

hi

i have to disagree, mk-s my mate uses reason only and he makes tracks that are way better than armins..*am dutch*

you can make even awsome tracks with Fruityloops, i know some are signed..Elude-Purgatory..

the key in a good track is Arrangment not hardware or software.

and a good hook of cource.

EDIT: i see your saying the quality of reason is low, your under estimating the most powerfull software ever Smile

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 10:17 pm
Trancegate

Regular Clubber

Massive wrote:
Trancegate

hi

i have to disagree, mk-s my mate uses reason only and he makes tracks that are way better than armins..*am dutch*

you can make even awsome tracks with Fruityloops, i know some are signed..Elude-Purgatory..

EDIT: i see your saying the quality of reason is low, your under estimating the most powerfull software ever Smile

i dont thing you read my posts, have you ever tryed to make your own drums with a drumsynth? mess with the filters and the oscilators?
have you ever used a synth to make a kick for example?
samples are overused mate. reason is very easy and creates the illusion that you do the same things that a pro does to make a song. whell... no, (its nice to begin with), you have to spend some time make your own presets? OK sometimes you dont need to. Reason possibilities are limited, (where is the wave editor?) its a powerfull tool but i cant believe that Malstrom can create the sound of Virus, some VSTi's can, you can use it with a secuencer of course.
yes reason does not have very good quality, its synts are good but not so good like soft synths other are, believe me i know what im saying.

Quote:
the key in a good track is Arrangment not hardware or software

i agree anyway.
Quote:

no its not, its commersial.

try Arturia Storm or Cakewalk Project5
way better interface than FL

whatever Reason is one of the tools i use since version 1, i love it anyway Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 11:30 pm
Massive

Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 4.99

Member #: 4,024

Trancegate wrote:
Massive wrote:
Trancegate

hi

i dont thing you read my posts, have you ever tryed to make your own drums with a drumsynth? mess with the filters and the oscilators?
have you ever used a synth to make a kick for example?
samples are overused mate. reason is very easy and creates the illusion that you do the same things that a pro does to make a song. whell... no, (its nice to begin with), you have to spend some time make your own presets? OK sometimes you dont need to. Reason possibilities are limited, (where is the wave editor?) its a powerfull tool but i cant believe that Malstrom can create the sound of Virus, some VSTi's can, you can use it with a secuencer of course.
yes reason does not have very good quality, its synts are good but not so good like soft synths other are, believe me i know what im saying.

Quote:
the key in a good track is Arrangment not hardware or software

i agree anyway.
Quote:

no its not, its commersial.

try Arturia Storm or Cakewalk Project5
way better interface than FL

whatever Reason is one of the tools i use since version 1, i love it anyway Smile

you see this where young producers go wrong.

obssesed with more perc, more dynamics, more this more that, and on top of all i see many young producers ask so many complicated questions i wonder my self why? making music is all about feel,

let me ask you this, why should i invest 1000 euros to buy a hardware that can make me a kick, when i can just get tons for free?

Samples are made to be used my friend, like i said, key to good song is Arrangment, it's not what sample you used, it's HOW you used it.

Have you hear the stuff of Mike smiths?( Mk-S)? or Areodrome? his tune Curator and Devote got spinned by Armin van buuren en Above and beyond.

Mk-S frenzy remix, got spinned in ASOT, his major Hit Illuminate is signed at ATRC and getting spinned by many djs..do yuo consider that pro or not? if yes, let me say the tune is made with samples and substractor only.

Yes i do create my own patches, thats why i love reason, substractor is so easy yet so good.

As for softsynths, i go even beyond your statement, i can only imagine the upcoming Virus powercore being better than Reason's substractor, but besides that i can't find any synth that tops substractor..just for 1 reason, the Unique sound..

Reason possibilities are endless, because like everyone say, it's the Mind that makes the music, not the engine, thats just a tool, and never underestimate anything.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 12:18 am
Trancegate

Regular Clubber

whatever makes you feel confortable mate, i dont use hardware and i totaly egree with what you say, realy! i allways say that the instrument doesnt make the artist, Bethoven was deaf, but he was able to make music, the piano was useless for him, the soul is in what you hear see or feel, when you see a painting you dont give a shit for the materialls they made it, if you know what i mean.

i just dont thing reason is "mature" yet and i know many tracks created with reason but not as a standalone application, yes i know that subtractor is good, i make basslines with it sometimes when im stuck. Confused

ok if you have a sequencer that suports VSTi's or if you have FruityLoops
check this out www.soniccharge.com and this (i prefer this, its great) http://www.waldorf-music.com/attack.html
you are gona love them, i was talking about software drum synths you see. Laughing Very Happy Wink
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 2:34 am
Aquascape

Podium Dancer

Vibes: 47.46

Member #: 5,508

Quote:
im not saying that to make the perfect song you need expensive equipment, im just saying that you need the rigth equipment!
FL is the software to make you understand what is all about with computer music and music technology, find how the synthesizer works, what is subtructive synthesis (how does an analog synth realy works to be able to make your own sound), not using all the time the standard samples (snares kicks etc.) and know how to use a drumsynth, FL is not the perfect enviroment to do these things, a real sequenser is, im not sayng that some songs are bad, im sayng that the are very good as ideas but not so good at the "sound" part, thats all.

use software, but use the right software.
Fair enough, dude. But since you did initially say "to make good music you need good gear" I'm sure you can forgive me for misunderstanding you.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 3:26 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: