GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Made a new trance track: Close distance. Your opinion please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djpj
Pieter
Getting acquainted

Vibes: 0.99

Member #: 6,127

Post Post subject: Made a new trance track: Close distance. Your opinion please Reply with quote

Hi, I recently finished this track:

http://home.planet.nl/~ouden607/mp3/Close_distance.mp3

I'm looking forward to hear what you think of it! I mainly used my JP8000.

Thanks!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:22 pm
DJLifeAndDeath

i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 74.33

Member #: 4,647

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Very Nice Pieter. The break is super and the sequence is excellent. But you may want to tone down the hi hats. Alot of trance label owners listen for that as a sign that the mixing isn't quite right. But I'll tell you matey, I think it sounds very nice. Razz

Dark and atmospheric! Twisted Evil

I sense much Trance in You!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:18 pm
Viceroy
Sam
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 230.33

Member #: 3,192

I agree. Excellent tune. I'm not a producer or DJ, but it sounded very professional and well-produced. Nice melody too! Smile

Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.
-Friedrich von Schiller
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:45 pm
djpj
Pieter
Getting acquainted

Thanks for your replies guys! Always good to hear that people like your track.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:31 pm
lllllDaveylllll
Davey
Total Newbie

Vibes: 0.19

Member #: 6,162

dunno bout u peeps but i think that could b a nice set for vocals - still - sweet tune... good job mate
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:32 pm
Trancegate

Regular Clubber

Vibes: 10.50

Member #: 5,928

The synths are too loud, its very old fashion and it’s all the same, not good effects used.
The gate synth you used as effect at intro, sounds loud too and its not the best choice, use some filters for the hihats, the main lead is definitely a default sound of your synth…

It sounds like synth demo track. Sorry, JP8000 can do mush more than this! Mad

I guess the main lead is an arpezzio with of JP, isn’t it? 3 octave arpezzio with gate fx…
Jesus!!!!! You have some work to do, make a remix mate. Cool
Oh, and master your tracks...
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:58 am
djpj
Pieter
Getting acquainted

Hi Trancegate.

This really is the most negative response I've got on this track (I also posted this on other forums). But that doesn't matter

I agree that it is old fashioned: that's just the style I like.

I also agree with you about the effects: maybe I should use some flanger or something to make variations in the sound.

The main lead is definitely no default sound. There are hardly any good defaultsounds on a JP 8000. Neither did I use the arpeggio: I programmed the sequence myself.

The track IS mastered, but I guess I'm just not very good on this. My tracks seem to get worse after mastering.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:30 am
Trancegate

Regular Clubber

Vibes: 10.50

Member #: 5,928

I really appreciate your reply to my post, that’s because it was negative, I like this trance style, and I produce it too, that’s why I judge you so hard, because of my experience, put some filters to the hihats, they appear and disappear and very suddenly that sounds bad, beat (BD) is boaring, dont leave it this way.
Add some effect samples (a clap with high pass delay and a reverb f.e. you can use your PC/Mac and some VSTs to do that) or some synth effects to make it sound deep, the point in this style of music is to make good sound and sometimes F**K the idea! Just make it sound good… Use that damn synth the way it deserves to! JP is respect! Wink

Once again congratulations for your reply.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:12 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: