GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Beef up your trance 'sounds' in Reason by...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

Post Post subject: Beef up your trance 'sounds' in Reason by... Reply with quote

Creating four maelstroms, go to reason/prefs/advanced midi. select your midi controller on busses a-d. Now go back to the hardware interface, click bus a, on the channel 1 dropdown choose maelstrom 1. Click bus b, on the channel 1 drop down choose maelstrom 2, click bus c, on the channel 1 dropdown choose maelstrom 3, click bus d and choose maelstrom 4 on the channel 1 dropdown.

Now your midi controller will trigger all four devices. Load them all up with patches and experiment until you get the sound you are looking for.

The only catch is the sequencer will only record note data from one device at a time, so record the line you want to play then copy and paste or hold option and drag the note data to the other three devices in the sequencer lane and blammo, super fat synth sounds!!

Listening Crazy

Add effects and panning to really beef it up. I will usually make sub mixers for each sound. Four nnxt's and effects running into one mixer, then the master out from that mixer running into the main mixer.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:41 pm
Dj Traxxlover
David Lau
Bar Staff

Vibes: 25.46

Member #: 3,577

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

that's some good advice there mate
i think it's easier if u just make the rns file & upload it here
but cheers anyway
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:44 am
Massive

Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 4.99

Member #: 4,024

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm 1 malstorm is enough to eat the mix, 4??

phat sounds you get by unison and good eqing, layering is a great way, but you take alot of space from the mix if you do that..

depends on the tune you make of cource Wink

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:54 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: