GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
advice in Reason 2.5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
discovery01
Peter F
Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 1.64

Member #: 5,923

Post Post subject: advice in Reason 2.5 Reply with quote

hey every1,

was wonderin if anyone had any advice in reason on how to make a nice plucking 'above & beyond' trance sound, and also how to make some nice soft appegiated synths. I have had extensive use of the malstrom using sawtooths and sine patches but i'm running out of ideas!

cheers for any help on this subject

petey
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:38 am
van wollner

Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 3.95

Member #: 5,245

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

hey there!
i havent tried it yet, but i think if ud get this "plucking" sound u should use the PWM in the malstorm along with the SCREAM 4 device.
Try it out, work with the buttons there and i think ull get the right sound.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:50 pm
discovery01
Peter F
Cloakroom Duty

cheers man, i'll give it a try tonight
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 2:52 am
Trance_Allstar
Victor
Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 5.92

Member #: 4,193

Another way to get a plucking sound is to use sawtooth on the malstroem, then go to the Filter Envelope in the top right corner of the synth. Turn down all parameters to 0, except decay which u leave at say 40.
Then turn filter envelope amount (little knob alos located in the top right corner) up to 40.

Now all u have to do is turn the filter knobs up and down while playing midi notes, and u will hear a plucking sound. Basically, the more closed the filter is, the shorter the pluck will be. When the filter is opened completely, the full midi note lenght will be played.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:25 am
Massive

Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 4.99

Member #: 4,024

uhm i dont wanne open a new topic so i post it here

go to

home.wanadoo.nl/f.saleh

there i made 2 rns for people that just started exploring reason, with some nice synths Smile

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 10:25 pm
Trancemaster
H2 + O = H2O :)
Bar Manager

Vibes: 33.93

Member #: 2,317

Massive wrote:

go to

home.wanadoo.nl/f.saleh

there i made 2 rns for people that just started exploring reason, with some nice synths Smile

I really must say that they were really nice, but Im sorry to say that that was way above my knowledge to understand everything youve done Wink and they way youve draged the wires on the back side Surprised what original tune do I know the melody from? Embarassed

I See the Music, I Hear the Light
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 7:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Massive

Almost a Clubber

Trancemaster wrote:
Massive wrote:

go to

home.wanadoo.nl/f.saleh

I really must say that they were really nice, but Im sorry to say that that was way above my knowledge to understand everything youve done Wink and they way youve draged the wires on the back side Surprised what original tune do I know the melody from? Embarassed

wires? those just connect the devices to each other, just right click mixer, and create a device, wire connect automaticlly..same with fx devices, right click on instrument and create a reverb for example..

i tend to use the send channels on the mixer for my delays and reverb now, to spare me ALOT of cpu,.

just save those patches, and use them for your own leads, they are basic, but good imo.

the leads i used, some of system F i think, clocks, Bt flaming june, one lead of my own. says on the rns, the instrument channels.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 7:59 pm
discovery01
Peter F
Cloakroom Duty

those .rns files were awesome! they weren't exactly beginner stuff but they showed me the need to use subtractor as well as malstrom. thanks a lot, they were very helpful!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:11 am
Massive

Almost a Clubber

discovery01 wrote:
those .rns files were awesome! they weren't exactly beginner stuff but they showed me the need to use subtractor as well as malstrom. thanks a lot, they were very helpful!

np Smile

many under estimate this powerfull synth, for me nothing beats the substractor, probably the upcoming Virus Powercore vsti.

i make all my sounds + bass with it, en most of all pads Very Happy

Fullstrings and Sonderstrings and warmpad patches, they are in the reason factory soundbank..use and abuse those Smile

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 10:00 am
Trancegate

Regular Clubber

Vibes: 10.50

Member #: 5,928

Virus Powercore is very expensive, it costs 500 euros (i thing) i realy want to try it, it must be great! id like to buy it but i dont thing i will. a softsynth that costs only 90 e and gives you the tech lead (and not only) sound of virus is Vanguard, i thing its one of the best analog VA VSTi synths.
you sould try it http://www.refx.net/pro_Vanguard.htm?lang=eng

it looks good too! Razz Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:47 am
Massive

Almost a Clubber

Trancegate wrote:
Virus Powercore is very expensive, it costs 500 euros (i thing) i realy want to try it, it must be great! id like to buy it but i dont thing i will. a softsynth that costs only 90 e and gives you the tech lead (and not only) sound of virus is Vanguard, i thing its one of the best analog VA VSTi synths.
you sould try it http://www.refx.net/pro_Vanguard.htm?lang=eng

it looks good too! Razz Smile

ya vanguard is sweet..

the virus powercore software isn't expensive 200 dollars or something, the sound cared, you MUST purchase with it , is expensive..like 600 dollars?

the virus powercore is a special VSTi, basiclly it's a Vrius C but in software format, means no recording or cabels etc..

The soundcard you have to buy with it, is also used as cpu for the virus powercore, unlike all vst that use your computer processor..means you can do alot with it Smile since your PC should stay fine.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:29 pm
van wollner

Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 3.95

Member #: 5,245

great synth man
even the pads were great
thumbs up!!!!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 2:14 pm
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

sweet! Wink
Post rating: -1 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:40 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: