GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Whats the rules on makin a remix?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TranceAddict14
Bryant
Weekend Clubber

Vibes: 11.60

Member #: 5,520

Post Post subject: Whats the rules on makin a remix?! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone i just wanted to kno that are you able to remix any song u want to? Rolling Eyes Is there any perimeters of remixin lik copyright and crap lik that I just wanted to kno cuz im tryin to make my own remix of 4 Strings Take me away. Any help would be grateful Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:56 pm
SeanyK

Feeling The Music

Vibes: 18.99

Member #: 4,135

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Think you have to contact their record company and ask them for permission, then they give you a contact name, who you have to send it to and they will tell you yes/no.

I *think*...
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:27 pm
DJLifeAndDeath

i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 74.33

Member #: 4,647

Surprised

Ooooo! Dangerous thing remix other people's tracks without permission.

Evil or Very Mad The thing is, you can go to the record label and ask but they'll more than likely ignore you. Crying or Very sad

If you want to remix something you have to be careful. Some artists don't mind and actually, if they really like it, will get it pressed. (This happens on the odd chance with bootlegs)

There are ways around it. Like showing you want no personal gain from it, like the K or United Nations series. (Nameless and Blaimless. lol) Or do what the Digital Delinquents did with Carte Blanche and rename it completely! Wink (It all comes down to copyright unfortunately. Evil or Very Mad )

I sense much Trance in You!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:59 am
Digital Beat
Einari
Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 1.82

Member #: 4,779

I don't remix anyone's tracks without permission. The samples you are using must be cleared if they are not your own. If you break the copyrights you may end up into jail or pay some big fines.

official page
www.digitalbeatmusic.com
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:11 am
Digital Beat
Einari
Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 1.82

Member #: 4,779

by the way: http://www.copyright.com

official page
www.digitalbeatmusic.com
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:12 am
demo84
Dave Dempsey
Total Newbie

Vibes: 0.76

Member #: 5,659

You can make a remix of whatever you want, as long as you dont try to sell it without permission you're ok.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:46 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TranceAddict14
Bryant
Weekend Clubber

Vibes: 11.60

Member #: 5,520

Oh i just found out about all of this stuff anyway......right now i just finally completed my first official good track and trying to remix Dj Encore-I see right through to you.Kinda hard.....although i got the MIDI sample all i really need is the vocals...anyway thanks for ur comments Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:39 pm
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

Well I wrote an extensive copyright tutorial on ivibes... its pretty good.. check it:

Here: http://www.ivibes.nu/index.php?article=2558

Hope it helps! Okidoki
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:15 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: