GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Yamaha cs2x keyboard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
divinio

Vibes: 0.34

Member #: 5,280

Post Post subject: Yamaha cs2x keyboard Reply with quote

Anybody using this keyboard around?

I would like to know mine better because it is holding me back. And I don't know anybody using one.

Thanks!!!!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:22 pm
SeanyK

Feeling The Music

Vibes: 18.99

Member #: 4,135

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a CS1x, then a CS2x, Its pretty straightforward, what you trying to use it with?

They arent too 'professional' sounding thats why I sold mine Sad
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:20 pm
divinio

Post Post subject: Start up Reply with quote

Hey,

I'm just starting out on music creation. I've been a dj for a few years, but I really wanted to take it to another level.

So I have my CS2X because the guy from Sylver (belgian dance group) told me he learned the stuff with that.

I have Cubase SX 2.0 also. Problem is also the soundcard (Audigy Platinium) because I can't copy the recorded MIDI tracks to Audio tracks.

With the CS2x I get some nice sounds with the Arpeggio and record them as MIDI. But sometimes it switches again to a piano sound and sounds as shit. How can I get it to stay the same groovy melody, always. When I export my song to an mp3 format to listen to it, he just copies the piano melody, not the one with the effects.

I hope I was clear... Surprised
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:53 pm
SeanyK

Feeling The Music

Must be set to Midi channel 1 to use the performance sounds (arpeggiators etc)

Then select the sound number u want to use and it should work.

With regards to Soundcard, Im not too sure as I use a Mac for sequenzing.

Doesnt Sylver also use MAC?
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:32 pm
divinio

Post Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

I will defenitely try this out tonight and will let you know. Cool

I think those are those little things that get you stuck...

I also believe he uses a Mac, unfortunately I don't have the budget yet to buy me a Mac and I already had a PC. I know my way of working isn't the best way, but it's a start.

About those Layers in Multi, can you explain me in a few words how that works? I don't seem to understand how you put different sounds together.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:40 pm
divinio

Post Post subject: Tried it Reply with quote

Somehow it still plays that "stupid" piano sound when I export my song out of Cubase to a mp3 file...

Sad
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:23 pm
SeanyK

Feeling The Music

Basically;

Say for example sound number 30 on the CS2x was called 'Base2'

In cubase, the midi channel MUST be 1, and you can change the patch number to 30 to match with the CS2x , get me?

You cannot 'export' as an mp3 file, as it will simply export midi sounds not the original sounds.

You must record it, u do this by creating an audio track in cubase, setting it to 'input' and then press play and record, and it records the whole song as a .Wav file...
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:02 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: