GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Link Stealers!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilko

Full-Time Clubber

Vibes: 0.11

Member #: 50

Post Post subject: Link Stealers! Reply with quote

Sorry to say that i have found a site that is stealing my links, Targetsound Was hoping people wouldn't stoop down to this, my bandwidth is caned as it is, without people link stealing. Warnings will go out, just like to ask a few of you to keep your eyes peeled for me, and if you spot any others nicking links from me, please contact me. Feel free to e-mail the webmaster, the more ear-ache he gets from people, the more he will become to understand, you don't under any circumstances steal peoples links.

Respect.

Wilko

Paranezia - #1 Source For Trance!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2001 8:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

The only real safety you can do is to put in place an anti link stealer system...

Sorry but people will just keep on stealing them, and nearly all of the time is ametures thinking great lets try to get hits by stealing other peoples links and causing their sites to close Sad

PATHETIC IS ALL I CAN SAY
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2001 10:08 pm

Member #: -1

nice words Steven, BUT Ivibes happily continue promote the link stealer,Targetsound. in your music update section..
Post rating: Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 12:41 am
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

I wasnt referring to targetsound alone when I posted... I need to investigate the situation before I remove targetsound from the system.. IF i find that they steal links I will then delete them...

Thanks for pointing that out...
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 12:56 am
Wilko

Full-Time Clubber

If you visit the archives section of Paranezia & hover over the "Ian Van Dahl - Will I (Pulsedriver Rmx)" link, you'll find the link is exactly the same. Theres copyrights in place on ffchat which forbid people using any part of the site name or contents within, and since the download url tracker uses my database.. well, enough said.
There comes some cut backs when installing noleech as well Steven, people won't be able to use download managers & such, which i pride part of my downloads on, so people can leave them to download, and do other things whilst they're coming down. Just because of some lame little shits that run a smaller site, i may be forced to make some drastic decisions, as i really don't have the time or resources to deal with link stealers.[/img]

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 2:22 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Hello,
I have now done my bit and I have done as much as I can. I have banned targetsounds username from ivibes and I have removed target sound from the links page and I have also removed them from the music updates privelages.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 3:39 pm
Wilko

Full-Time Clubber

Niceone, i got an e-mail back from the webmaster, basically denying that the link was from Paranezia.

"HI! I will make a new Homepage without Links but only own updates. Than the Links will be removed!
But i dont have these Links from your Hompage! They are from an other Page! I'll remove the links now..."

From what i can make out of what he's saying, he's basically trying to say he stole the link, but still reckons he didn't steal it from me, which is kinda lame, as i own the "ffchat.net" domain, & don't permit people to use my database bar myself.
Thanks for the reply and action taken Steven.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 3:45 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Other discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: