GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
STARTING PRODUCTION...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
technics
Justin Tyme
Dominating the Dancefloor

Vibes: 26.19

Member #: 2,851

Post Post subject: STARTING PRODUCTION... Reply with quote

I'm thinking of getting into trance production as a hobby... what should i start with, what do i need? how much am i looking at ($$$)

I'd prefer to have equipment that can produce music that actually sounds professional.. please help.. thx
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:46 am
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to make music is on your computer in my opinion!.. A lot of big artists do it this way including DJ Neo, Masters & Nickson etc...

Purchase reason [www.propellerheads.se] and a good soundcard [www.creativelabs.com] and some nifty hi-fi speakers is all u need until u decide that u want to continue making music and then u can buy better stuff like monitors and maybe venture into synths and stuff..

Reason is the best program for me and is so much value for money its unbelievable!... Reason 2.5 is all u will need to begin with... and its about $200 I think... Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:53 am
Stbean

Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 2.88

Member #: 4,811

I would agree with the last post and get Reason. It's well worth the money and literally thousands cheaper than buying hardware synths. Plus you get samplers, mixers, effects units..etc. The only downside is that youll have to have a decent computer/soundcard to run it.
Reason is a great place to start because it also teaches you the routing concepts as it connects each unit automatically and shows the actually connections by flipping the units around. BAsically reason allows for a cheap way to learn all about synths and music production. I still believe that nothing beats good virtual analog or analog synths but reason comes close and beats them based on price.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:08 pm
technics
Justin Tyme
Dominating the Dancefloor

Vibes: 26.19

Member #: 2,851

until u decide that u want to continue making music and then u can buy better stuff like monitors and maybe venture into synths and stuff....

what's the diff....if i can get all that i need in this program.. why would i want to venure into synths?
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:28 am
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

Indeed Cool
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:30 am
Rich guzman
Rich Guzman

Vibes: 0.16

Member #: 4,964

Post Post subject: what about cakewalk projet 5 Reply with quote

just wanted to add what do u think about cakewalk project 5 cause reason you cant use vst plug ins so i think that does limit you just want some feedback on this thanks..... Surprised
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 5:28 pm
davehart

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 564.14

Member #: 910

Even if you dont want to spend a lot of money there are some really good free music production programs you can get that are for free.

Jeskola Buzz is one I dabble with to make basslines and drum sounds.

www.buzzmachines.com

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mesmer
Mesmer
Getting acquainted

Vibes: 0.64

Member #: 4,998

hoy Smile
well.. my opinion is that you use "stuff" like this:

* PC as sequencer (you can use Reason..etc..)
-*- synth emulators softs such as -> AbSynth / Reason / Reaktor / etc.. just to get lil`help

* synth (such as -> KORG Electribe / Clavia Nord Modular / Yamaha AN1x / Roland SH32 / etc.. - my fav! - ) to have STRONG sounds generator and full control (you see? when you use hardware you get BETTER sound and you wont have to use the mouse but your both hands which is ALOT more convenient!)

* sampler (such as Akai -my fav!-) for any decent live performance (just in case Razz )

* monitors (GET MONITORS NOW! Very Happy ) I prefer Yamaha

that was just my opinion.. hm Very Happy

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:15 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: