GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What is Hard Trance?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
[i:Vibes] System

System Role

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 6

Post Post subject: What is Hard Trance? Reply with quote

Discuss this [i:Vibes] article here!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 10:21 am
Ami

i:Vibes Helper

Vibes: 5.14

Member #: 1,823
Location: tending to my rose garden on the other side of the moon

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, only just noticed this now Very Happy

a very intresting and invigorating read that was, as an article, its was pretty informative.

the subjective viewpoint in addition to the technical explanations go pretty far in achieving to explain the intricate details and differences/similarites between the different sub types, what can be thought of as a simply style, is in fact not as plain sight as ppl might think, and this does point out some striking details and points.

For a newbie or a person staring into "Hard Trance" the article would be a good starting point, however other ppl, that do not have a intrest in hard trance, but are curious bout it, might as well read this too, it in my opinon will go and further heighten there intrest and might give that final push into them starting to listen to hard trance.. Very Happy Very Happy

personally having started to tread into hard trance in general, i especially found the examples you used seamlessly to explain your ideas across very nicely done, there one of the highlights of the article Smile

in summary, a very nice article, i've found it useful, and i easily reckon others will now and in the future to come.

i alone can say i appreciate it,

Thx for taking the time to write it!!!!!

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Is the path to emptiness.
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

-------------------------------

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 8:27 am
Silverstone

Total Newbie

Member #: 1,251

Post Post subject: The Introductory Of a new genre Reply with quote

Hard Trance is people wanna listen to. I always ask people about what Trance they would prefer and they always tend to mention Hard trance although its not quite available (not commercial). Another genre peope wanna get fimiliar with is Acid trance. Acid trance has been quite under the curtain for sometime untill recently when artists have been raising again. It would be great if I vibes would actually introduce this genre in the coming time.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 8:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BassT

Member #: 2,353

Post Post subject: nobody knows Reply with quote

Hi think many of u do not really know what is real hardtrance. Do u know the the sound of the '90s ? there were many hardtrance trax produced. HardTrance Trax have a pace about 150 to 170 BPMs. And i still be angry if there someone wanna tell me HardTrance is the Sound by Cosmic Gate, Dumonde, etc.
For some examples: buy cd's of Gary D's D.Trance Vol. 1 -7 or HardTranceExplosion (the older volumes)
That is real HardTrance. Etienne Picard, DJ Tibby, Gary D. (no longer) DJ Herby, ... i could tell u more of such artists....

please try listen to some of these artists/Compilations...then u know the difference

Bye,
BassT

Sorry for my bad english. i'm a german.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 8:11 pm
Mathew

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 63.09

Member #: 230

Gary D... lol, definately no-longer m8! Razz
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 8:46 pm
BassT

Member #: 2,353

Yes, i worte it : Gary D no longer.

But, do u know the tracks : Living on Video, or Time Warp of him?
that rocks!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:43 am
Spherix
Erik
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 145.72

Member #: 2,831

Hey!

I read what you've written about Hard-Trance well... But there are somethings that I disagree with you about.... and that is the Happy Hardcore things Rolling Eyes You can't really say that Starsplash are making Hard-Trance Rolling Eyes

My Opinion is that Starsplash, Dj's @ Work, Brooklyn Bounce, Scooter etc.. belongs in the Dance or Commercial Techno Genre Rolling Eyes Maybe Euro-Techo Rolling Eyes

and that Cosmic Gate belongs in the Commercial Hard-Trance Genre Rolling Eyes

Hmm isn't Asys making hard-trance or does he/she/them make something else? Acid?

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:58 am
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

I guess since i wrote it, things have changed, and I understand it better, so one day when i get time, I might re-write it Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:53 pm
Terrible C
Brett

Member #: 3,615

I found a pretty good compilation in HMV thats fairly hard - Trance From The Dark Side, also at amazon... But if anyone's got tips on the Asys type hard trance please tell, I love that stuff.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 6:56 am
tryxx
DJ, at your service
Moving your Body

Vibes: 19.05

Member #: 6,296

Post Post subject: Re: The Introductory Of a new genre Reply with quote

Silverstone wrote:
Hard Trance is people wanna listen to. I always ask people about what Trance they would prefer and they always tend to mention Hard trance although its not quite available (not commercial). Another genre peope wanna get fimiliar with is Acid trance. Acid trance has been quite under the curtain for sometime untill recently when artists have been raising again. It would be great if I vibes would actually introduce this genre in the coming time.

you'll find the term is actually psytrance, not acid trance...at least, the most FREQUENTLY used term is psy.

short for psychadelic, no doubt Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:54 pm
tryxx
DJ, at your service
Moving your Body

Vibes: 19.05

Member #: 6,296

Spherix wrote:
Hey!

I read what you've written about Hard-Trance well... But there are somethings that I disagree with you about.... and that is the Happy Hardcore things Rolling Eyes You can't really say that Starsplash are making Hard-Trance Rolling Eyes

My Opinion is that Starsplash, Dj's @ Work, Brooklyn Bounce, Scooter etc.. belongs in the Dance or Commercial Techno Genre Rolling Eyes Maybe Euro-Techo Rolling Eyes

and that Cosmic Gate belongs in the Commercial Hard-Trance Genre Rolling Eyes

Hmm isn't Asys making hard-trance or does he/she/them make something else? Acid?

yeah brooklyn bounce would be euro-trance in my opinion...or eurotrash Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:55 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> What is... All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: