GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Johan Gielen, the DJ, the producer, the entertainer....talks to i:Vibes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Interview Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[i:Vibes] System

System Role

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 6

Post Post subject: Johan Gielen, the DJ, the producer, the entertainer....talks Reply with quote

Discuss this [i:Vibes] article here!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 6:28 pm
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Although one or two of his recent remixes have been a little laboured, maybe due to the fact they're doing too much right now, Johan is one of my gods, he plays energetic sets, not the usual suspects always in tracks, and having seen some video footage of him & sven maes performing live, I'd love to have been there. Twisted (energy mix) is one of my favourite tunes ever cos its so catchy and even tho I believe its gone commercial over in Holland, it hasn't here and if it was, it'd still beat the crap we have to put up with.

I'm looking forward to the album (In fact I'm tempted to import it from Japan to get hold of it quick) and maybe an album of remixes would be cool, the best S&G/Airscape tunes, like Lexicon 4, L'Esperanza, Kiss, and the many other masterpieces these 2 guys have given us Smile

Many thanks to Johan for taking the time to talk to us, and if you're lucky, you may occasionally catch him chatting in #tranceaddict on the mIRC Smile

Also thanks to Tim for a great set of questions Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:14 am
kuRtis248

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 4.50

Member #: 1,689

Johan Gielen wrote:
i:Vibes: Favourite DJ?

Johan: Everyone who tries his best, and spins good.

Rolling Eyes meaning what? we all know that...
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:43 am
Mathew

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 63.09

Member #: 230

hahaha... he seemed an decent bloke, but he seemed a bit pissed near the end of the interview. 'No.' lmao... n1 Tim, great interview!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 8:14 pm
kuRtis248

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 4.50

Member #: 1,689

sure a nice guy... not really honest. Confused
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 11:19 pm
Viceroy
Sam
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 230.33

Member #: 3,192

Great interview - one of my favourite DJs and producers!
But would have liked to hear some stories from him- I guess he got a bit tired of answering questions...
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 4:13 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Interview Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: