GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
My Trance Mix - Please download/review/rate/comment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djelement

Getting acquainted

Vibes: 1.37

Member #: 2,337

Post Post subject: My Trance Mix - Please download/review/rate/comment Reply with quote

This is a mix I did for a friend a while back, and I was pleased with the outcome. He chose a few of the tunes that he wanted to hear (you can probably spot them) and I obviously picked the rest.

I have done a few mixes before, and have some more planned. When I did this some of the newest tunes were actually new, but I used some classics (he wanted Red Sun Rising, Perperuous Dreamer, Rank 1 etc) and some really nice tunes like Pink Bomb, IMHO I think its a really nice mix to listen to, and the tunes sort of vary in style especially towards the end.

Please download & comment as I would like to know what people think of it and my mixing in general.

You can download the mix straight of my PC at this address:
ftp://element.d2g.com/DJ_Element_-_Live_Trance_Mix.mp3

Link and tracklisting available at:
http://element.d2g.com

Also if anybody has any web space they can offer me I would really appreciate it, my PC isn't on all the time, and with the unfortunate demise of AudioGalaxy but I won't go into that...

Thanks, Tom (djelement)
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 7:35 pm
JKD

Total Newbie

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 2,365

Post Post subject: Couldnt get it Reply with quote

i could nto dload it m8
dont know why
just could not
ill try l8ter

JKD
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 9:28 pm
djelement

Getting acquainted

Post Post subject: Download Problems Reply with quote

Sorry m8 the download didn't work because it's direct from my PC, and I turn it off at night because its so noisy. The link should be fine during normal UK daytime hours.

Its a 30kb/s upload too on ADSL, 2 users at a time sorry.

Thanks for taking interest, element
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 8:55 am
mindwalker

Regular Clubber

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 1,984

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i've listened to your mix. overall i think it is very good, tight mixing and some smooth transitions. tracklisting is nice, some real classics in there like the lange mix of lost witness red sun rising.

a few of the mixes do need a little work on in places...i would suggest maybe a bit more control over the bass sometimes so that two basslines don't clash. the mixing certainly gets better towards the end, infact the last 4 or so mixes are pretty spot on! Smile i particularly like the mix of pink bomb indica into blue amazon vs katana...some would say absolutely perfect!

overall a pretty good mix! defintely a recommended listen to others...

keep it up! Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 9:22 pm
djelement

Getting acquainted

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for listening mindwalker, I'm glad u enjoyed it, and there are more mixes coming soon!

Thanks, element

p.s. If anyone has any webspace please let me know!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:12 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: