GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Best earning DJ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ku|pa

Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 2,217

Post Post subject: Best earning DJ Reply with quote

hi guys....I would like to know who do u think or even know is the most well-paid DJ in the world....I could imagine Danny tenaglia or Masters at work are some of the big ones in the US

Does anyone have figures?!

Your life is ending one minute at a time - Tyler Durden
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 3:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
beatnik16

Getting acquainted

Member #: 594

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

at present i would imagine PVD, Tiesto, Mauro Picotto, still jOKENFOLD, as for the states ...George Acosta, Tenagglia, .....but i also hear that Frankie Bones and Derrick May are getting there. I heard from a well informed source that PVD is asking 20,000 -50,000 at events depending on set length, location of event, his mood (am i greedy today).......i live in Chicago and have been involved with bookings for a promo comp here and i know my cousin (HALO VARGA) asks $2,000/hr at clubs and minimum of $10,000 each event. he hasn't put out a hit single since FUTURE in 2000 and still is charging up the arse. anyways, when we were at Fabric in London he was paid 5000 for a 1hr:30min set. i could be off on the estimates for PVD (sounds about right) but i am positive about HALO, so in relation to PVD i think it is safe to say PVD gets more than 10,000 per event.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 2:50 am
Rob3rt

Feeling The Music

Member #: 1,604

Carl Cox could go in that list too
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 8:44 am
jt

On your way to Full-Time Clubber

Vibes: 0.01

Member #: 1,412

Post Post subject: PVD $$$ Reply with quote

is prob by far the most paid he just spun exit in nyc friday night and for 4.5 hrs of work he got 55000.. i don't anyone is getting over 10,000 grand an hour... who knows but i had the pleasure of 2 nights in a row with pvd and wow is he worth it, guy never ceases to amaze me when he comes to the states
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:57 pm
Mathew

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 63.09

Member #: 230

Oakie gets 10000quid a set, plus millions for his tracks and/or movie soundtracks ... not bead eh?? Twisted Evil
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 9:22 pm
ReBirth

Feeling The Music

Vibes: 0.26

Member #: 1,422

I read somewhere (I fink it was at HoM) that Paul van Dyk earns round about US$5 million per annum
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 6:39 pm
Lightworks
Wim
Ruling the Dancefloor

Vibes: 2.69

Member #: 691

beatnik16 wrote:
i live in Chicago and have been involved with bookings for a promo comp here and i know my cousin (HALO VARGA) asks $2,000/hr at clubs and minimum of $10,000 each event. he hasn't put out a hit single since FUTURE in 2000 and still is charging up the arse. anyways, when we were at Fabric in London he was paid 5000 for a 1hr:30min set.

jeez... your cousin must be really good your cousin to be so unhumanly expensive Wink

i don't really care who earns the most... i just try to enjoy the max out of the music and try not to focus on money.
i'm afraid if it goes on like this we'll get a similar situation like in football... players that nobody can trade or pay and eventually they'll loose their jobs. shame really, i thought oakenfold etc was in it for the music in the first place.

LW

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DJ Vitaly

Getting acquainted

Member #: 2,396

ohhhh man!!! PAUL VAN DYK!!!! he is the best dj ther is.....he is making so much money.......believe me....he is the one
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:44 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: