GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
drums please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferdik

Total Newbie

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 2,081

Post Post subject: drums please! Reply with quote

Hi!

Does anyone know where all trance/hardhause producers get their drumsounds from. I have tried with 909, 808, compression, eq, but nothing sounds right! Please help me! Confused
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 3:27 pm
Tea-mo

On your way to Full-Time Clubber

Vibes: 15.90

Member #: 2,297

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...Iīm still new in this drum-things, too.
but I think the most important thing is the final compression of the track. A compressor gives the Track the important blast.
I own a Novation Drumstation and there isnīt really a cool Beat. Maybe Iīm doing something wrong. But compression ist VERY important...and try to add Reverb to the kick (not too much)...then it already sounds better..

Sorry I canīt help directly..

Bye
Tea-mo
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 7:47 pm
Finne
Phynn
DJ's Assistant

Vibes: 7.53

Member #: 1,998

Try different settings with compression and EQ. Thats all there is to it. If you need any help, pm me.

P.S. Can somebody move this topis to the DJ's and Producers forum?

4. Bedrock - Emerald
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 8:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

I can't finne, I'm sure Ami will Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 8:09 pm
djelement

Getting acquainted

Vibes: 1.37

Member #: 2,337

Are there any good tutorials on sequencing good trance/hardhouse tunes anywhere? I have Reason and Cubase but seem to be getting nowhere, its annoying. I cannot make the "right" noises, and dunno how to actually put a tune together.

I wanna make something in a similar style to Signum, Above & Beyond and Pulser.

Please no Frootyloops!

element
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 12:49 pm
Tea-mo

On your way to Full-Time Clubber

Vibes: 15.90

Member #: 2,297

well, dunno where to find tutorials.
But I think to produce a professional sounding Track you will need more thand Reason and Cubase. Softsynths may have there pros, but thereīs nothing like a good hardware-synth like VIRUS, JP-8080 or Q. And with these synths you can make the real cool noises.
I donīt use software-things - only Logic for Recording.
1st thing is my computer, that isnīt really fast, 2nd thing is this "touch a real knob-feeling" (screwing on real knobs is just better than drag the mouse up and down for moving knobs), and 3rd: ITīS JUST EASIER TO PLAY A MELODIE WITH A REAL KEYBOARD THAN BY KLICKING ON STUPID 16-STEPS-SEQUENZERS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

If you really want to use reason the right way, u have to read the manual and browse the internet for Sounds, samples and something like that.
I canīt say anything about synchronize reason to cubase. Donīt know this Interfaces.

Hardware rules !!
Go out - buy a real Synth with keys, then youīll know what I mean. I promise !!

Good producing
Tea-mo
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:53 pm
djelement

Getting acquainted

Vibes: 1.37

Member #: 2,337

Tea-mo I know exactly what you mean about actually having something to touch and buttons/knobs to press and tweak, trying to write a song using a software sequencer and synth is v.hard. Could be easier with two mice though, hmm now that is a challenge...

I was thinking about getting a hardware synth, as that IS the business, but I'm going to Uni in September so can't actually afford it Sad Uni better be worth it!!!

Thanks, element
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:19 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: