GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MP3: Killing Music?....................

View previous topic :: View next topic  
White_Lightning
Its_cider_mmm_such_lovely_cider
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 51.50

Member #: 1,506

Post Post subject: MP3: Killing Music?.................... Reply with quote

i know this subject has been raised an number of times before but after reading an article in the Sun about the subject (of all the quality non-fabricated papers- remember the bowyer/woodgate overreaction?) and the fact that mp3 sites are increasingly being closed, i was wondering is mp3 killing music? or is the music bosses killing mp3?

Basically the article i read was harping on about oasis and other hippy crap and how they are losing millions on album salesdue to the perception that people are downloading the stuff for nish instead of payin 20 bar for an album. Which personally i think its cos people are begining to relise that rock is shi.te and they would rather listen to sasha an diggers.

anyway in my oppinion mp3 can only be a positve thing fron trance and house etc because it gives up and comming artists and producers (even established) a chance to promote thier choonage for nowt. also its likly thier tracks will recive more coverage this way via word of mouth in forums like i:vibes etc and increase the liklehood of djs buyin the tracks as soon a possible. it also adds a bit extra to promo releases,

also if it wasnt for mp3 i wouldnt be listening to half the djs i do now and probably wont have any of the tracks aswell. i would only have em on tape from the radio and as im not a dj, put two and two together, i will have no choonage (cause the best tracks are hardly ever realsed on cd in the uk.) which is gay

Actually if it wasnt for mp3 i would probably still be listening to Judge Jules. F U C K.

bolloxs to that just blame dave pearce........
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

did you know yesterday was a day of records for Newcastle:

5001 goals scored at st james' park since 1892
100th goal scored this season in all competitions
Sir Alan Shearer notching up his 200th premiership goal

1 more point and the toon are back in the champions league

NUFC!!!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 10:31 am
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

Vibes: 77.64

Member #: 1,517

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

i think mp3 is killing off the commercial market... but not the trance market...

the commercial songs which are readily available in every HMV, ourprice, MVC and becomming less popular every month as everyone is beggining to use the internet for MP3's and as CD writers are sooo easily available and relativly cheap.. it makes alot of sence to d/l your music and burn it your self..

however with trance.. i cant see that we are destroying the market that much... most of the stuff i download i could NOT buy in my local HMV, ourprice or MVC.. so therefore they are not loosing out on sales... and also.. the main buyers of trance are probally the DJ's and an MP3 is no where near a substitute for vinyl for them... Laughing

I personally CAN NOT see the MP3 market coming to an end... it would be soooo hard to stop all illegal trade of mp3s.. Laughing

BUT... with unrippable CD's being introduced the MP3 availabilty of songs could slow down for a bit... until somework works out a way of getting passed the security device on the CD's... BUT personally i dont see the point...

if u were to plug your HI-FI in to your PC threw optical and digital cables and record the sound that way... i know the sound quality wouldnt be as good as a 1:1 copy from a CD... but YOU all must have d/l rips straight from a vinyl and these must have been done in the same way and they are good enough quality just to listen to.. Laughing

I personally can NOT see the illegal trading of MP3s stopping... it would be far too big a scale project to be taken on.. i can however see things like morpheous, kazaa, win mx and sadly AG closing tho... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Its Coming Home, Its Coming Home, Its Coming, Footballs Coming Home
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 10:43 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kuRtis248

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 4.50

Member #: 1,689

Mp3 is making superstars out of underground producers and djs....
the commercial ones i dont realy care cause i am not realy interested in commercial. Cool
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 5:54 pm
VelourFog

Bar Staff

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 1,453

darkglobe wrote:
Mp3 is making superstars out of underground producers and djs....
the commercial ones i dont realy care cause i am not realy interested in commercial. Cool

So true! Very Happy Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:40 am
Naked

Regular Clubber

Vibes: 0.01

Member #: 1,957

oh hell no....
MP3s are doing everything BUT killing music.
If it weren't for them i wouldn't be so into trance/house like i am now.
LONG LIVE MP3'S

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:18 pm
Mathew

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 63.09

Member #: 230

mp3 is amazing... why pay 20quid in some places for a compilation album when u after 1 song on it because the single aint available ?? without mp3s, alot of ppl would be unknown, like: yahel (big in israel, but not many ppl know him any where else), airwave (some fcuking amazing productions from him... but who has heard of him in america (apart from americans on here Wink )), dj tomcraft (he has done alot for trance, techno and house with his genre mashing, but again, hardly anyone knows them) - BUT, mp3s r opening the world to everyone !! Long live Audio Galaxy (and we'll miss you Napster Crying or Very sad Razz )
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 8:28 pm
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

Vibes: 77.64

Member #: 1,517

tRANCEMASTER wrote:
mp3 is amazing... why pay 20quid in some places for a compilation album when u after 1 song on it because the single aint available ?? without mp3s, alot of ppl would be unknown, like: yahel (big in israel, but not many ppl know him any where else), airwave (some fcuking amazing productions from him... but who has heard of him in america (apart from americans on here Wink )), dj tomcraft (he has done alot for trance, techno and house with his genre mashing, but again, hardly anyone knows them) - BUT, mp3s r opening the world to everyone !! Long live Audio Galaxy (and we'll miss you Napster Crying or Very sad Razz )

thats one way of looking at it.. and personally thats the reason why i love mp3s so much.. i can get my hands on anythin i want to...

BUT... the music industy will see it as commercial artists (the one with record contracts) are getting screwed on.. Evil or Very Mad i personally dont really give a shite about these artists.. but hey.. i suppose they have to be there.. Rolling Eyes

Its Coming Home, Its Coming Home, Its Coming, Footballs Coming Home
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 9:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mathew

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 63.09

Member #: 230

lmao.. that little guy got ((-&E-)), with head-phones on was smake oon the beats of this song i was listening too... Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 3:39 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Other discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: