GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
This new policy here....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Site Feedback and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flotser

Moving your Body

Vibes: 1.14

Member #: 749

Post Post subject: This new policy here.... Reply with quote

First of all, Hello all!!! Razz

I just have a personal opinion about whats going on in that site and forum i love so much, ... I mean there are some things bothering me...

for example I saw already a couple of times, Stream , how you edit posts just cause they contain a link to a website... not a [D/D]... and saying everywhere people should stop promoting their websites in the Sig. I sure can understand your will to make this website clean... but man i think thats too much... the FBI are not watching the thousents pages of the Forum. And who better than you know, that most of the poeple here came to here from TranceGate which was made only for the purpose of MP3 illigal downloads... I came from there too... and I supported your and others operators of the site dessicion, to remove the 'Music Links' section... , but you dont have to edit each and evrey MP3 related post Confused ...

secondly, I do click your links and do it often, but I dont like to see time after time ppl saying in the Front page :"Click on the banners to support us"..... I do click , but those messeges are making me feel that the money is the thing makes you edit posts containing links you see as illigal....

I wanna say loud that this is only my personal opinion, and i would realy appreciate if you ppl comment what i've just said...

peace.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 3:06 pm
Finne
Phynn
DJ's Assistant

Vibes: 7.53

Member #: 1,998

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ivibes.nu/board/viewtopic.php?t=2271
-
http://www.ivibes.nu/board/viewtopic.php?t=2313

4. Bedrock - Emerald
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 3:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

Vibes: 77.64

Member #: 1,517

flotser.. what u said is sooo true in every sence but in one small matter..

i dont think its the FBI stream wants to hide from.. i think its the fact he doesnt want record companies to think i:vibes is associated with mp3's..

Its Coming Home, Its Coming Home, Its Coming, Footballs Coming Home
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 6:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

Post Post subject: Re: This new policy here.... Reply with quote

Flotser wrote:
for example I saw already a couple of times, Stream , how you edit posts just cause they contain a link to a website... not a [D/D]... and saying everywhere people should stop promoting their websites in the Sig. I sure can understand your will to make this website clean... but man i think thats too much... the FBI are not watching the thousents pages of the Forum. And who better than you know, that most of the poeple here came to here from TranceGate which was made only for the purpose of MP3 illigal downloads... I came from there too... and I supported your and others operators of the site dessicion, to remove the 'Music Links' section... , but you dont have to edit each and evrey MP3 related post Confused ...

It's very true that I have edited posts because they contained links to illegal content (warez and mp3s). This is for 2 reasons.
1. In most european countries it is illegal to link to sites with potentially illegal content (this is the law in the country where the server resides).
2. We do not want any association with the mp3-scene here at i:Vibes. That would make it impossible for us to get any relations with the music industry.

I can however not remember to have said "everywhere people should stop promoting their websites in the Sig". I have only told people who obviously have links to illegal content in their signature to change it. For example one person had a sig that said something like this: "check out the latest downloads here at my site" with a list of new tunes below.

And as ((-&E-)) have said, we don't do this because of the FBI or something...it is because we know the music-industry checks our site thoroughly before they want to start any cooperations with us.

Flotser wrote:

secondly, I do click your links and do it often, but I dont like to see time after time ppl saying in the Front page :"Click on the banners to support us"..... I do click , but those messeges are making me feel that the money is the thing makes you edit posts containing links you see as illigal....

So far the banners have brought us about £100. The server-rent for the same period of time is £150. After all, we are working severaly hours per day to get this site running, and in addition to that we also pay money out of our own pocket to have a place to host it.
I don't think what you said above was fair, Flotser.

Flotser wrote:

I wanna say loud that this is only my personal opinion, and i would realy appreciate if you ppl comment what i've just said...peace.

No problem. Personal opinions are allowed, and appreciated Smile
We need to know what you all think to make the site better!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:06 pm
Finne
Phynn
DJ's Assistant

My opinion is that mp3-requests should be removed too. Otherwise this whole forum will be flooded with messages like: "Does anybody have this mp3...","can anybody send me this..", etc. etc.
4. Bedrock - Emerald
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

Well I'll be editing all mp3 related posts, Streams pointed out about the reasoning.

As far as ad-clicking goes, I'm well known for telling u to do so, but its an essential thing to keep the site going, we need clicks everyday here. Of course financial donations are always welcome.... I don't think Stream would turn down the odd cheque or two Smile so if we sound like we're nagging, its cos the site wants to be the best and needs all ur help
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 9:03 pm
Finne
Phynn
DJ's Assistant

Does it matter if you click once a day or like 5 times a day? Do they give you 1 credit per person per day?
4. Bedrock - Emerald
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 9:06 pm
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

1 a day, but if u reconnect to a new IP try again, I dunno for sure mate
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 9:19 pm
Finne
Phynn
DJ's Assistant

Dude. I clicked like 12 times today. Every time I got to this site. Rolling Eyes
4. Bedrock - Emerald
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 9:25 pm
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

they have to be unique hits.. so only per IP addy Laughing

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 10:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Flotser

Moving your Body

wow, i see this site costs much money then... Confused so you can continue nagging us about the banner cliks Razz

And I do understand what you guys say about the record companies (Napster was cool Twisted Evil ), and as I said , I 100% agree of the removal of the 'TranceGate" like section were here before.... but Forums is kinda private, and its not tottally associated with your website and its Designers themselves.... and i still think that the editing of posts conating a link to a website (not D/D) is too much...

As you know... I never posted links to mp3 sites (except one time to a warez site Embarassed ) ... and I will continue in that route.

go [I:Vibes] Wink

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 11:28 am
Above&Beyond

Club Franchise Manager

Vibes: 0.37

Member #: 431

Hi Floster, i must have missed this post when you first stuck it up, i think you have hit the nail right on the head there. Spot on mate! I also think your opinion is one that most i:vibers share. I just hope this site dosent buckle under the strain of its own rules. At the moment things are fine, but more restraints = less members. Confused Lets hope this is the begining & end of the rules.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:00 pm
DJ TNT

Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 0.64

Member #: 1,961

What about linking to a site that links to a site with MP3s? Hmm Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:50 pm
Flotser

Moving your Body

Above&Beyond wrote:
Hi Floster, i must have missed this post when you first stuck it up, i think you have hit the nail right on the head there. Spot on mate! I also think your opinion is one that most i:vibers share. I just hope this site dosent buckle under the strain of its own rules. At the moment things are fine, but more restraints = less members. Confused Lets hope this is the begining & end of the rules.

Confused yes you right, it realy seems that here are much less members then it used to be, but the interesting thing is that those people haven't dissappered from the face of the earth... but are very active in other forums, for example the TranceAddict forums... (DUMONDEFAN, Trance-Canada, the one had an avater of a red haired boy.. , and others...). I personally like this forum very much Cool

DJ TNT wrote:
What about linking to a site that links to a site with MP3s? Hmm Smile

Laughing , lol, I think its OK.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 2:41 pm
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

i remeber dumondefan used to post alot of DD's... Laughing Laughing

.. argh well.. Crying or Very sad

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 3:08 pm
Above&Beyond

Club Franchise Manager

Vibes: 0.37

Member #: 431

((-&E-)) wrote:
i remeber dumondefan used to post alot of DD's... Laughing Laughing

hmmm, i havent seen him around latley, maybe Stream, Steven & Ian have locked him up in the i:vibes dungeon for posting too many links! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 9:27 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Site Feedback and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: