GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How did you discover ivibes? :D :P !!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ami

i:Vibes Helper

Vibes: 5.14

Member #: 1,823
Location: tending to my rose garden on the other side of the moon

Post Post subject: How did you discover ivibes? :D :P !!! Reply with quote

hmm, was just wondering, when i read ferrycorstenfans post bout forum totals, back to when i found ivibes!!!, could remeber when i joined ivibes not long ago just over a mth a week roughly, when i started to get into trance,

i wanted a site with trance news/reviews and info, asked a mate of mine and he said that most of the sites on the internet had become quite sanitized and just offered hardly anything more music files, even tho he mentioned a few sites he greatly reconmended ivibes, said thats the one thats gonna help you the most and has the freindliest layout and users!!!!

and so my adventure into trance/ivibes started Very Happy , and its been all good so far, nothing short of brilliant!! just hope upcoming mths/years maybe decades? Razz are just gonna be as good

ivibes has got over other similar sites is that quite a few of ppl have been brought/reconmended here by friends and that has spurned a great sense of comunity and freindlyness, plus the site got a shedload of stuff yet still has an air of personal freindlyness and ease of use, thats just my experince Very Happy

ive never seen a post like this b4 on here, if there is forgive me, i must be blind! but thought that this would make a nice post!

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Is the path to emptiness.
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

-------------------------------

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 12:11 pm
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

Vibes: 77.64

Member #: 1,517

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

threw trancegate.. like i should imagine most ppl did.. back in the days when there was only TG and no i:vibes..

i got to know about TG threw someone telling me on messenger and ive been visiting now for about 2 years.. possibly more..

Laughing

Its Coming Home, Its Coming Home, Its Coming, Footballs Coming Home
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 12:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

You're spot on there Ami, this post hasnt been written before and it is a great one! Smile I think it could turn out to be an interesting one... Smile

Believe it or not, I wasnt with i:Vibes from the very start!? Surprised I was a tg visitors like many, and I was gonna help out with tg because I owned a site called mp3back! (anyone hear of it??) and i was planning on closing that one. I contacted stream when I seen the application for people to help out with a new (secret at that time) project! I went and got very friendly with Stream, and in the past year have been a great friend of his! We have the same interests Smile Trance, webprogramming etc... I only joined the i:Vibes project about a month into its production and helped out with graphics, initial articles, forum activity and lots of other stuff...

I would love to see ivibes with about 20,000 visitors per day, but my only worry for i:Vibes is that it might loose its personality if we get a lot of visitors... But maybe it would be good if all the members who joined i:Vibes were nice people and there were no fights Smile

Anyway, I plan on staying with i:Vibes forever! Smile And I know i:Vibes will last forever!... I love it here and I hope others can feel the same Smile

Laterz... Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 12:38 pm
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

ivibes is also on tranceaddict now eh steven Wink I was checking to see if sum1 had ripped the name off and then realised it was you so easily Razz

It's kinda weird cos I dont remember how I found i:vibes, I'm pretty sure it was thro trancegate but It kinda just happened to catch my eye one day, I found the forum pretty useful and just kept coming back, and it kinda feels like a close-knit lot of mates in the regulars, we all recognise each other, and theres no 2 ppl who really hate each others guts, we don't get too many threatening threads, so lets hope it grows, but in the right way
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 12:43 pm
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

Steven wrote:
I contacted stream when I seen the application for people to help out with a new (secret at that time) project

oooh.. what was the secret project ?? i guess it couldnt have been ivibes seing as u said u wernt on from the start Razz

.. and about ivibes loosing its personality.. i dont think that will happen.. we seem to be very freindly as a group and if we get 4 or 5 more dedicated posters.. then it could turn in to a busy but frendly community Laughing

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 12:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Yeah 5 or 6 more regular posters would make it even better!! Smile I think our forum is nicer than TA cause its easier to understand and nicer colors too hehe... TA gave me a headache when I looked at it for an hour.... comparing forum activity, TA is a lot more active than [i] but like, TA have been around for years where [i] is still trying to get through its first early year Smile

Hopefully, in time, we will be very busy forum Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 12:55 pm
Mathew

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 63.09

Member #: 230

well.. u cant say you're not busy, there has been over 11000 posts right (without looking) ??

I came through trancegate too... Sygnus told me about trancegate a few years ago, and i have visited it daily ever since, and now ivibes - which i visit at leat 3 times a day !! Razz
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 1:31 pm
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

hehe,
its over 12,000 posts now Razz

laterz.. Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 1:42 pm
<--Ferry_Addict-->

DJ's Assistant

Vibes: 1.20

Member #: 680

I discovered [i:Vibes] through TranceGate. Been here since Day 1 Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 3:42 pm
Ami

wow, sum great replies! i thought that this kinda post might've been dun a while ago!
you lot dont mind if i cut and copy sum bits out of your posts Very Happy

ok the sugar and spice and everything thats nice bout ivibes Very Happy Very Happy
Razz Razz

steven says
Quote:
Anyway, I plan on staying with i:Vibes forever! And I know i:Vibes will last forever!... I love it here and I hope others can feel the same

hehe i feel the same way im sure many of us do, amazing!! Razz

ferrycorstenfan says
Quote:
It kinda just happened to catch my eye one day, I found the forum pretty useful and just kept coming back, and it kinda feels like a close-knit lot of mates in the regulars, we all recognise each other, and theres no 2 ppl who really hate each others guts, we don't get too many threatening threads, so lets hope it grows

again, spot onfor me it does feel a close knit comunity! almost feels like its a real comunity that extends further out than just the internet, and the feelings towards each member is of respect, usually admiration/appreciation for each others strengths and qualities, whilst being there on hand for any help they can provide, plus there is a real touch of humanity with the humor and regular coversation that takes place on just about anything just like real life! Very Happy

((-&E-)) says
Quote:
and about ivibes loosing its personality.. i dont think that will happen.. we seem to be very freindly as a group and if we get 4 or 5 more dedicated posters.. then it could turn in to a busy but frendly community

hehe, there are some dedicated posters that already keep the board flowing and lively, plus the board is always fresh with news and discussion, everyday there summat new! and i think the board could easily have more potential unlocked, ie more users posting more stuff would only make the board better!

steven says again
Quote:
I think our forum is nicer than TA cause its easier to understand and nicer colors too hehe...

i think this is one of the many attractive lures of ivibes the layout and look of the board is so easy to understand and it is asthetically pleasing, even tho ive seen sum similar php boards (ie storagereview is probably the biggest one!) its a quagmire, confusing and fairly taxing to look at, whilst ivibes almost has the forum broken into bite sized chunks, whilst still being very appropiate and relevant!

tRANCEMASTER says
Quote:
and now ivibes - which i visit at leat 3 times a day !!

damn, right i probably at least visit the forums 3 times a day! probably many users, the forum sum times can blaze at a fast and furious pace, but ive never seen it get so silly that many questions threads get side tracked, theres reasonable time and the evidence is already here, theres not many threads with 0 replys majority of threads with diverse and far ranging issues are usually answered, this is in a big part due to the collective experince and expertise on hand by the users from newbie to trance professors! in addition the freindly attitude displayed by the vast majority of users is an unriviled combination! breathtaking at least to say at times Very Happy

DJ_Air says
Quote:
I discovered [i:Vibes] through TranceGate. Been here since Day 1

this illustrates the loyalty, time after time users keep on coming back to the board learning gaining knowledge and experince they've learnt from the board to help others, and in turn many of them users do the same, and it goes around and comes full circle almost a perpetual comunity, thats why i think alot of the users have a sense of respect for each other, and thats why i dont think theres ever antagonism against other users, its quite an achivement!!

i just took sum time to organize my thoughts when i read the responses it gave me a tiny new insight into ivibes and why its so good, hmm might get sum more insight later on, its amazing and im sure this is a tiny insight into the many admirably and priceless facets that intertwine throught ivibes and make the site/forums what it is today and undoublty the future of things to come !!!

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 6:36 pm
Finne
Phynn
DJ's Assistant

Vibes: 7.53

Member #: 1,998

I found a link to it from www.trance.nu
4. Bedrock - Emerald
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 9:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

really!? where on trance.nu?

I cant find it on the links page Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 10:43 pm
Finne
Phynn
DJ's Assistant

That's right, I found it in a thread from somebody.
4. Bedrock - Emerald
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 10:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

FJBR wrote:
I found a link to it from www.trance.nu

You must have been VERY lucky to find a link to us on their site....they are usually deleted within a few minutes by the moderators....
Cool
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 10:51 pm
Finne
Phynn
DJ's Assistant

Oops. Am I not allowed to post that link?
4. Bedrock - Emerald
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 10:56 pm
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

FJBR wrote:
Oops. Am I not allowed to post that link?

It's ok....we even link trance.nu in our link-section...

They don't link us back though.... Confused
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 11:00 pm
Finne
Phynn
DJ's Assistant

Selfish morons Evil or Very Mad Very Happy

P.S. What is a cloakroam? Can't find it in the dictionaty.

4. Bedrock - Emerald
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 11:02 pm
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

Its where u hang ur coats and so on, ur kinda working ur way through the club Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 11:15 pm
Mathew

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 63.09

Member #: 230

he obviously works for u now ferrycorstenfan... Wink
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 11:22 pm
Finne
Phynn
DJ's Assistant

Pfft... Very Happy
4. Bedrock - Emerald
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 11:24 pm
Naked

Regular Clubber

Vibes: 0.01

Member #: 1,957

i found this forum through a link posted in an irc channel. it was on one of your reviews... i cant remember which. But anywayz, after i read the review the site's layout and content really appealed to me and so i checked the forums out and here i am ! Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 3:50 am
VelourFog

Bar Staff

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 1,453

Trancegate of course! Very Happy Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 4:49 am
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

tRANCEMASTER wrote:
he obviously works for u now ferrycorstenfan... Wink

we all do really... God.. what a scary thort.. working for ian Wink

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 11:22 am
trisco

Dominating the Dancefloor

Vibes: 0.24

Member #: 1,824

i found out about it through sygnus.. he kept telling me about his nights out..and ushered me to view his posts on here.. Rolling Eyes he he he.. so i joined as part of the crew..just doing a couple of reviews... got to like it and wanted to do more ..so i started interviews..news reports etc..got to know the guys more.. infinity,stream,djpsi... quality ppl... u c how much goes on to run the site and how much effort is put in.. have to give em a clap for it.. nice one guys Exclamation
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 5:37 pm
Ami

hehe looks, im the odd one out, finding ivibes first than trancegate/tranceaddict later Very Happy

and if were working for ferrycorstenfan dont that mean he has to pay us? Very Happy

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 12:36 am
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

Ami wrote:

and if were working for ferrycorstenfan dont that mean he has to pay us? Very Happy

HAHA.. i think so.. Laughing i hope u have alot of ££ saved up ian Wink

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 12:38 pm
TranceSeeker
Breakbeat Addict
Full-Time DJ

Vibes: 0.99

Member #: 211

threw the old trancegate....

http://users.pandora.be/TranceParadise/
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 3:18 pm
murdocc

Getting acquainted

Member #: 2,026

a friend of from tranceaddict recommended it.. Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 7:20 pm
Above&Beyond

Club Franchise Manager

Vibes: 0.37

Member #: 431

One day i visted my beloved Trancegate (which i visited everyday) only to find I:vibes in its place! that was back in the old days when all MP3 sites where transfered on here instead of Trancegate. Then it changed back. Trancegate still rules though... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:33 pm
Julie_Spyder

Part-Time Clubber

Member #: 1,921

WELL.... i met a friend on TA..(trance addict for thoes who dont know) and he showed me a few of the things that were writin on Ivibes..

and one day i wanted to post to somthing.. dont remenber what it was.. soo i joined.. on.. but i didn't post or read much of anything

NOW i'm just starting to post and get the feel for IVIBES.. hehe

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 10:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Other discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: