GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
sound samples ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Site Feedback and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcirsta

Getting acquainted

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 1,044

Post Post subject: sound samples ? Reply with quote

Some small sound samples with the reviews ( in mp3pro format maybe ) would be really help .
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 2:18 am
Ami

i:Vibes Helper

Vibes: 5.14

Member #: 1,823
Location: tending to my rose garden on the other side of the moon

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno if you realise,i think currently i:vibes does not allow/want/can host any mp3/mp3pro files on its webhost without any legal issues/implications, i think maybe if the material was put up with author permission, and even then it probably would'nt happen, because of issues, plus is there a "free" mp3 encoder that has no strings attached, im pretty sure there will be royalty issues that Fraunhofer/Thompson, that could possibly arrise!, only clean no strings attached encoder would be Ogg, and that even beats mp3/mp3pro in the quality/size area!

Well intentioned idea, nonetheless, we will see what the mods/admins have to say, you never know what they'll say!, thats just my oppinon! ps keep any ideas/suggestions comming, im sure some good will come of them Smile

ps dunno if you've noticed ivibes does have a streaming radio broadcasts!

http://www.ivibes.nu/index.php?show=Radio

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Is the path to emptiness.
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

-------------------------------

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 3:16 am
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

Hmm,
Its not just that Ami... We dont have all that much webspace left on our hosting server! Also there would be bandwidth issues which would affect the overall functionality of the site...

If we have mp3 samples for all of our reviews etc, it would cause heavy traffic on the server, in effect, costing us a load of cash and the site would most likly load very slow for everyone!

Its a good idea, but not right now. If ivibes becomes bigger and can afford this cost then by all means! Its a great feature to have on a site, but as for the reasons Ami stated and the reasons I state we cannot, not right now anyway. Smile

Regards,
Steven Hone
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 1:03 pm
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

Vibes: 77.64

Member #: 1,517

Ami wrote:
ps dunno if you've noticed ivibes does have a streaming radio broadcasts!

http://www.ivibes.nu/index.php?show=Radio

is this like trance gate radio where its a set 10 tracks per week.. or is it like a normall radio station ?? different all the time ??

.. i cant really listen to it as its in 128kbps quality.. Crying or Very sad

Its Coming Home, Its Coming Home, Its Coming, Footballs Coming Home
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 11:51 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ami

i:Vibes Helper

Vibes: 5.14

Member #: 1,823
Location: tending to my rose garden on the other side of the moon

err, gone off topic slightly, but looking at current playlist

Quote:
Armin Van Buuren - Live at Glow (Washingtong) 030202
Way Out West - Galaxy Mixmasters Live 16-03-2002
Marco V - Live at Club Eau the Hague 030202
Ulli Brenner - HR-XXL Clubnight
Armin Van Buuren - Live at Glow (Washingtong) 030202
Way Out West - Galaxy Mixmasters Live 16-03-2002

does seem its like what you sugessted it it probably was, a defined set of tracks in a specific time period, unlike a radio, but them sets are gonna be quite substantial in length, not short tracks by looking at them!, im sure as the service gets more popular, it'll change and get better with alot more variety Smile

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Is the path to emptiness.
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

-------------------------------

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:01 pm
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

We have biiiig plans for the radio guys... In the future we will have live DJS including the big names DJS... We have not had time to work on the radio right now due to one big huge massive project which will be added to i:Vibes within 2-3 weeks! Smile

I cant give out any more info than that so dont ask about whats in store for you in the next few weeks you will see hehe Wink
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 7:40 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Site Feedback and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: