GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
how many MB's do u all d/l each week ??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

since last June I've been on broadband, it costs 40 quid or 108dollars to u aussie guys for unlimited download/upload transfers and a permanent connection @ 576'000 kbps but its being reduced on April 1st to 81 dollars so u guys would be a lot better off if u had BT Openworld available Laughing
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 5:55 pm
VelourFog

Bar Staff

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 1,453

damn...well i could switch to Netspace ADSL with 1.5mbit dl's
10gb dl limit

not too bad
but the isp im with atm overcharges..thats why my bill was like that
tho i still did go a few gigs over the limit..prolly coz of Ag.as soon as i get on there ppl getting live sets off me coz i got about 20gb
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 12:40 am
ViciousVinyl

Part-Time Clubber

Member #: 1,864

gees $81 for ulimited download upload at 576,000kbps, that bloody good! the other problem in Oz is that not every one has access to the cable so alot of us still have to use dial up. And ADSL isn't very wide spread either. The ISPs and tellcos need to get their acts together down here.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 6:48 am
Above&Beyond

Club Franchise Manager

Vibes: 0.37

Member #: 431

VelourFog wrote:
friend of mine has same isp.. he did 80gb in one month

What in gods name was this guy downloading? On average i download 150-200 meg a week, sometimes more, sometimes less, i cant imagine downloading 80gigs! i dont think ive done that in 2 years, let alone a month! Laughing
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 9:36 am
DjKlutZ

Regular Clubber

Vibes: 0.04

Member #: 1,904

Post Post subject: Downloading... i got it easy Reply with quote

Well, i am a bit of a klutz and a little silly at times, but when i want to get the songs/tracks/live sets i need. I just ring my bf and ask him to look for them. As you can see... it helps if you know someone who can download up to 3-5g in a month with fast connection. Smile The Klutz got it easy when the Velour is still downloading! :p
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 10:08 am
DjKlutZ

Regular Clubber

Vibes: 0.04

Member #: 1,904

Post Post subject: Forgetting something Reply with quote

And those who download 80g a month??? gimme your number lets be friends... what's behind all that hard drive space i wonder?? Razz
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 10:09 am
Ian
on a long term break

what gets me is that over here for 56k modems & dial-up access, u want 15 quid a month or 40 dollars, slow speed, cut-off every 2 hours, using up the phoneline... or u can pay twice that, but get unlimited downloads, a fast-as connection and a better web experience... some ppl dont see the benefits of this
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 10:52 am
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

Vibes: 77.64

Member #: 1,517

ferrycorstenfan wrote:
what gets me is that over here for 56k modems & dial-up access, u want 15 quid a month or 40 dollars, slow speed, cut-off every 2 hours, using up the phoneline... or u can pay twice that, but get unlimited downloads, a fast-as connection and a better web experience... some ppl dont see the benefits of this

not that easy.. u need your phone line to be digital.. and guess what.. my area dont have digital.. and we dont have cable.. how shites that ??

Its Coming Home, Its Coming Home, Its Coming, Footballs Coming Home
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 1:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
<--Ferry_Addict-->

DJ's Assistant

Vibes: 1.20

Member #: 680

ferrycorstenfan wrote:

True, thats why I may be upgrading to broadband. Its a pain in the ass downloading large files like live sets etc. Ferrycorstenfan, which broadband company are you with and how much is it? monthly fee, connection fee etc etc.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 7:12 pm
Ian
on a long term break

I'm with BT Openworld, its now £85 to have installed, it was 150 when I did it tho and £29.99 a month line rental
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 7:50 pm
DJ BASH

Dominating the Dancefloor

Vibes: 17.70

Member #: 1,581

I'm on ntl, £25 installation + £25 a month Wink
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 8:39 pm
Above&Beyond

Club Franchise Manager

ferrycorstenfan wrote:

Like ive told you before Ian, once im outta my folks house in the summer, the first thing on my shopping list is broadband, ive already told my girl im hooking up to her PC as soon as we move in, she dont know what the hell im on about (which is even better) so soon i will be enjoying the benefit like you mate, i'll be starting AG in the morning, going to work for 8 hours and coming home to lots of lovley new livesets & trancetastic tunes. The other day my girl said "it will be good when we get our own place, wont it darling" I cant bloody wait! I thought... Very Happy Laughing Laughing Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 9:15 pm
<--Ferry_Addict-->

DJ's Assistant

ferrycorstenfan wrote:
I'm with BT Openworld, its now £85 to have installed, it was 150 when I did it tho and £29.99 a month line rental

God that expensive Sad NTL sounds cheaper to me but I think you have to move to their phone company. Neutral

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 10:21 pm
Ian
on a long term break

my friends on NTL and they made them have their phone tv and everything with them as the contract, it took them 2 months to install it, and it keeps cutting her off, so I'm happy paying more cos I know this service is good
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 10:28 pm
Ian
on a long term break

[quote Dave]
Like ive told you before Ian, once im outta my folks house in the summer, the first thing on my shopping list is broadband, ive already told my girl im hooking up to her PC as soon as we move in, she dont know what the hell im on about (which is even better) so soon i will be enjoying the benefit like you mate, i'll be starting AG in the morning, going to work for 8 hours and coming home to lots of lovley new livesets & trancetastic tunes. The other day my girl said "it will be good when we get our own place, wont it darling" I cant bloody wait! I thought... Very Happy Laughing Laughing Very Happy[/quote]
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 10:36 pm
Ami

i:Vibes Helper

Vibes: 5.14

Member #: 1,823
Location: tending to my rose garden on the other side of the moon

Quote:
my friends on NTL and they made them have their phone tv and everything with them as the contract, it took them 2 months to install it, and it keeps cutting her off, so I'm happy paying more cos I know this service is good

hmm i was under the impression that the broadband service wasnt tied to the tv and phone service, you can get broadband installed sepratly, my mates have done so here, if that the case id tell your mates to send a letter with the words "Trading Standards" written on it at least 10 times somewhere in it, or get on the phone (probably be hold for hrs) and say "i'll get trading standards, your in viollation of blah blah...." ive found that an effective means of getting companies of their arse and resolving any issues promptly

also, im sure with NTL broadband it depends on which area your in, over here NTL broadband service for my mates has been nearly flawless for them, i know i did most/all of the cable modem installation/setup for them, and even for me the NTLworld dialup has been good for me for yrs (regularly get 52,000 and no lower than 50'666, although there has been a few exceptions) i'll probably go broadband with NTL soon, only thing with cable modem is that the total allocated broadband is usually allocated streetwise, but you do get your intended bandwidth as a single user its that if there is a internet hog/s on your street and the more of them the lesser the bandwidth you may recieve, even tho in majority of circumstances it really dont matter much
bad side is ntl phone supports it is pathetic, (thats a major understatement) they leave you on for ages (hours in sum cases)

there is a lucky runt Evil or Very Mad (mate) on ntl that got cable modem access free for bout 6 mths due to a mistake/misunderstanding by NTL, and he dont half make use of the 512k he's getting everyday (download junky!!)
plus ntl are rumored to be anwhere in the region of 12-14 billion in debt!!!!

ps anyone tried that pipex Diy adsl yet, looks fairly attractive

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Is the path to emptiness.
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

-------------------------------

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:34 am
<--Ferry_Addict-->

DJ's Assistant

BT sounds right if I'm upgrading to broadband.

P.S ferrycorstenfan, Whats the download and upload speed for BT?

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 11:12 am
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

Above&Beyond wrote:
The other day my girl said "it will be good when we get our own place, wont it darling" I cant bloody wait! I thought... Very Happy Laughing Laughing Very Happy

... good to see u have your priorities right Laughing Razz Rolling Eyes lol...

thats what i was planning on doing next yr when im working... but ive found out i cant get adsl or cable in my area...

how unlucky is that ?? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 11:15 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
VelourFog

Bar Staff

Member #: 1,453

getting back to u ppl wondering bout 80gb/month Wink

ever heard of FxP boards?
this friend of mine gets a shitload of stuff on FxP boards (pub ftp's)
he dl's full length divx movies all the time
now depending on wether the movie is 1 or 2 cd's....thats 650mb to over 1gb for one movie

so it'd obviously add up to a fair bit if u keep up that habbit..
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 11:28 am
Above&Beyond

Club Franchise Manager

Oh i see! i guess he just burns them onto a DVD disk after that yeah? I can see how he managed to collect 80gigs now!!! Laughing Surprised Surprised Laughing
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:57 pm
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

id sooo love to be able to d/l 80gb a month Laughing Laughing Laughing

.. ive been d/l stuff for just over 2yrs and i probally havnt d/l more than 10gb... Mad

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 7:14 pm
Ami

i:Vibes Helper

Vibes: 5.14

Member #: 1,823
Location: tending to my rose garden on the other side of the moon

hmm, when you mention that, with all the downloading of movies, i know a friend who probably does the same, although he doesnt use fxp, rather another well known software board, and you know what i reckon he downloads all that material for, just because he is bored and it gives him sumthing to do his pc!!!, oh and he burns them to cds, a box of 10 verbatim 80 minutes is roughly 7gb, and im sure hes got plenty of boxes dun already!!

andy, arent you in huddersfield, im pretty sure thats ntl hq for the area, and you should be able to get cable, unless they stoped just short of cabling your street, idiots Mad

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Is the path to emptiness.
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

-------------------------------

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 9:13 pm
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

Ami wrote:

andy, arent you in huddersfield, im pretty sure thats ntl hq for the area, and you should be able to get cable, unless they stoped just short of cabling your street, idiots Mad

oh yeah.. there HQ are in hudds... but they couldnt be arsed giving any villages nr me cable... lazy g!ts... Evil or Very Mad and im only like 20 mins outside of town... so its hardly middle of no where...

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 11:48 pm
<--Ferry_Addict-->

DJ's Assistant

One question, do you need a super pc to have cable?
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 10:23 am
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

DJ_Air wrote:
One question, do you need a super pc to have cable?

nope... but alot of GB would help or else ull fill your HD once a week... Razz

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 11:26 am
Ian
on a long term break

DJ_Air wrote:
BT sounds right if I'm upgrading to broadband.

P.S ferrycorstenfan, Whats the download and upload speed for BT?

Decent Download sites can manage about 58kb/s constant, FTPs can do upto 300kb/s for upload and 90ish for download. AG can manage 3 in & 3 outgoing at about 20kb each too, so its a much better improvement on 56k, plus Streaming of movies runs immaculately Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 11:35 am
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

ferrycorstenfan wrote:
ISNTITANNOYINGWHENPPLWRITELONGSTREAMSOFTEXTYOUHAVETOREADTHENFINDOUTITMEANSNOTHING

hmmmm... Confused Confused Confused

VERY ANNOYING !!!!! and sooo not funny !!! lol...

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 11:47 am
Above&Beyond

Club Franchise Manager

((-&E-)) wrote:
ferrycorstenfan wrote:
ISNTITANNOYINGWHENPPLWRITELONGSTREAMSOFTEXTYOUHAVETOREADTHENFINDOUTITMEANSNOTHING

Where did that one come from Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 2:54 pm
Ian
on a long term break

Above&Beyond wrote:
((-&E-)) wrote:
ferrycorstenfan wrote:

Where did that one come from Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question

I added it to my signature yesterday for a while when the pic wasn't showing, but it came back so I took it off.. Just fun to see how many ppl actually read it Laughing
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 4:25 pm
Above&Beyond

Club Franchise Manager

ferrycorstenfan wrote:
I added it to my signature yesterday for a while when the pic wasn't showing, but it came back so I took it off.. Just fun to see how many ppl actually read it Laughing

Oh i see, Andy told me he was having trouble with his servers, i wasnt on here that much over the weekend though so i didnt even notice my pic was down. Razz
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 4:30 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Other discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: