GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
We need some music Diversity here people!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Site Feedback and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djpsi

Wannabe Clubber

Vibes: 0.19

Member #: 1,644

Post Post subject: We need some music Diversity here people! Reply with quote

Yeah, we need a diverse representation of music on this site. Not just all Trance Trance and more Trance.

theres GOA, House, Breakbeat, Experimental, and even a ton more. We have to atttract a larger audience if we want Ivibes to be as popular as other Music Info sites. If we actually do this to the best of out ability we will see that there are no other groups on the interent that do this

ex: www.xpander.nl All House
ex: www.tranceaddict.com All trance

see what im trying to get at here. The only big problem is how are we going to actually do this. And if we are going to study so many genres how are we going to speacfic enough.

Put your thoughts forward:

Later
PSI
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 4:28 pm
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the main problem is actually having the audiences for House, breakbeat etc to find us, I mean I love the stuff in small enough doses but in the end I need my trance, If we're going this way then perhaps we need more experts on it, some interviews with ppl like Hybrid, Roger Sanchez, Jakatta, Basement Jaxx, Cassius/Daft Punk etc to actually capture the ppl who're into the style. Maybe a house chart eventually as well, I guess in time we should have more ppl joining who are into the other styles, until then I spose we gotta make do with the few topics we do get
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 4:47 pm
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

Vibes: 77.64

Member #: 1,517

if a house music forum is opened on here... it could split the members..

like the trancers would just stay in there bit and the housey ppl in there... and form 2 communitys.. not 1.. and trancegate / ivibes is what it is today becuase of

'trance trance and more trance' so surly it must be doing something right.. Laughing

and also what mp3s do most sites have.. they all tend to be dance / trance.. which could show that there is a larger potential market audience with trance not house...

Its Coming Home, Its Coming Home, Its Coming, Footballs Coming Home
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bluE_Neon

Bar Manager

Vibes: 2.92

Member #: 202

yes i thought the same thing as djpsi...i think the main idea is to put more information/interviews of other genders...maybe some house/techo/breaks once a week, just to let people know that were not only about trance here, coz really ivibes has a lot of members but people just dont come here...they rather go to tranceaddict.com or some other site, but its always like this, new sites dont always get noticed, after time people send emails to each other and start communicating about other sites Smile
we have the electronic forum but its so dead there...people barely post anything Neutral

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2002 11:10 pm
TranceSeeker
Breakbeat Addict
Full-Time DJ

Vibes: 0.99

Member #: 211

yeah thats true, we have an elektronica section but its pretty dead IMO
Maybe some house en techno news will lure ppl Smile
But I also like the way ivibes is, just trance all the way!!! Smile

http://users.pandora.be/TranceParadise/
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 1:24 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Site Feedback and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: