GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Formula 1 2008 Thread!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davehart

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 563.81

Member #: 910

Post Post subject: Formula 1 2008 Thread! Reply with quote

Its the Aussie GP this weekend and qualifying starts saturday morning at 2am here in the UK.

Whats better this year UK TV station ITV will be broadcasting the practice sessions LIVE: http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=41943

Looks like McLaren Vs. Ferrari again but who will be the best of the rest? Looks close so far.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stream

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I watched the first practice session last night. Luckily all sessions are broadcasted live on scandinavian tv this year too. Smile

The ITV-broadcast only works for UK-citizens btw. Tried entering the page with the livefeed but it says it only works in the UK.

But I believe the German channel Premiere has online feeds for all viewers (allthough you must pay a small fee to see it).

I bet Raikkonen will win the first race ahead of Hamilton and Kovalainen. Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:33 pm
Stream

Anyway, I hope this season will be almost as close and dramatic as last year!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:27 pm
davehart

It should be. The first race was madness.

I stayed up to watch it live but fell asleep on the formation lap lol

Caught the reply though, very good race in all and looking forward to Bahrain this weekend!

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:52 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stream

Haha, I set the alarm so I got up a few minutes before it started. Was a very eventful race!

This weeks race will hopefully see some more cars finishing. Good thing is that it starts a couple of hours later this sunday Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:38 am
Spherix
Erik
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 145.72

Member #: 2,831

To be honest, I couldn't care less Wink I can't see the point in watching Formula cars going round and round for 70 laps. For me Formula 1 is a bad Sunday hangover Wink
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:54 pm
davehart

Thats a fair comment erik to be honest Smile

I still love it though.

I'll be up for this weekends one allthough unsure what time its all on without checking the telly guide.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:19 am
Stream

I think it's amazing to watch the cars - allthough it was a bit boring when Schumacher was totally dominating a few years back.

Now every race is more open - and allthough the McLaren's and Ferrari's dominate you don't know the winner immediately - and there's always a battle for the next positions.

Sunday's race starts at 8am CET (should be 7am in the UK).
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:23 am
davehart

My alarm is set this time so hopefully I wont fall asleep like I did for the last race. The Ferraris will run and hide but I'm hoping to see the McLaren's battle the way through.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:45 am
Stream

Todays race was a bit boring. Kimi got a deserved win.
Massa doesn't seem to be able to control the car without traction control (I'm not surprised tbh).
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:27 pm
davehart

I agree it was a bit of a dull race today, I even fell asleep during the end of it getting up early to watch it. Silly spin by Massa really, more than likely pushing to hard to catch Raiikonen.

BMW looked strong though and the pace of the Ferrari's must be a worry to McLaren.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:42 am
davehart

Its Bahrain this weekend.

The Ferraris look very strong so far. I dont think McLaren has the pace to match them.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:08 pm
Stream

Kubica with a surprising pole today. Hopefully he's not very light on fuel - would be great fun having other cars than McLaren and Ferrari fighting for the victory. Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:19 am
davehart

I'll be watching the highlights later but it seemed a good race.

Hamilton had a real off day but the pace of the BMW's was promosing, not that far off the Ferrari's

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:01 pm
<--Ferry_Addict-->

DJ's Assistant

Vibes: 1.20

Member #: 680

I think that BMW has a higher chance of challenging Ferrari than McLaren this year!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:05 pm
davehart

From the last race you may be right there. Are McLaren missing Alonso technical qualities on how to push the car further or are they just not upto speed yet? They dont have the pace to match the Ferraris yet and are pretty much on a par with BMW at the moment.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:29 pm
Stream

I think McLaren will come back in the next race with both cars on the podium. Wink
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:54 am
<--Ferry_Addict-->

DJ's Assistant

Vibes: 1.20

Member #: 680

I dont think its anything to do with Alonso because otherwise Renault will be fighting for the title now rather than barely getting a point or two! The last race was clearly shows Hamilton was under pressure.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:37 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Other discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: