 |
Main Menu
|
|
|
 |
Interactive
|
|
|
 |
Info
|
|
|
|
|
| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Radiosity
Podium Dancer
 Vibes: 45.06
Joined: 19 Oct 2003 Member #: 4,625 Posts: 274 Location: Lincs, UK
|
Post subject: Another id request thread |
|
|
Something of an ongoing task for me at the moment is id'ing a bunch of awesome tracks from various sources; old tapes from 1997-2001 or so, random songs ripped from mixes and albums, and more recently, tracks taken from streams recorded from online streaming stations. So I'm looking for some help in identifying them. Note that I haven't bothered sampling the tracks, so they're all full length (full being as much as I recorded at the time). Kinda makes it easier to id stuff when you have a good length of song to listen to I feel
Also, if you happen to know of a good mp3 store to buy any of these tracks from, let me know please (mostly I use TrackItDown so if you happen to know a track is available there I'd appreciate the info)
So anyway... here we go:
http://trancevibes.net/samples/
Direct links to all the samples are there. The 'maybe Yomanda' one is a guess, it just sounds like the sort of bouncy track he'd have done at that time (likely 98 or 99, certainly no later than 2000). The 'Love I lost' one I'm pretty sure is actually a mislabel by me at the time. I'm guessing that the love I lost (a track that I actually know now and have known for some years) was played, then the one I want the id for was played after the love I lost and I ended up confusing them. Happened to me a couple of times that did, though the other time I managed to get an id thanks to hearing the track on a friend's cd
The two tracks labeled as part of an IM mix were played at the start of that mix on RiseFM. Really would like to know what these are, they're really nice tracks.
Armageddon was played by Dave Pearce one sunday night, surprisingly enough. Bangin' choon but other than the name I've got (could be artist or title) I don't know anything more about it. All searches I've tried have turned up millions of results... mostly from that damn movie. I'm wondering if it was ever actually released...
Unknown 17 I think is Urban Dwellers - Lover Man (Satoshi Tomiie Flip Path Mix) from the White Label Euphoria album. I never got around to tagging the tracks, then deleted most of them when I got most of the stuff I liked in full versions, so this kinda got lost in the background and I never remembered what it was Thankfully the Discogs entry has track lengths so I was able to id it like that
I think that's basically it, any help on the rest is very greatly appreciated
edit: Couple more id'd thanks to random Trackitdown browsing
Unknown 022 is Ferry Corsten - Beautiful (Original Mix) and I have to say I think this is one of the best he's ever done, just hits all the right spots for.
Unknown 061 is Activa - Genetix (Original Airflow Mix)
Unknown 062 is Visior & Dark Moon - Beautiful People (Stoneface & Terminal Remix)
Unknown 065 - Klems - Gated Sky
62 was easy because I knew the original track and just had to search TiD for remixes, the other two were random luck
Last edited by Radiosity on Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:22 pm; edited 3 times in total |
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:54 am |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
davehart
i:Vibes Admin
 Vibes: 568.95
Joined: 19 Nov 2001 Member #: 910 Posts: 4314 Location: Notts, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
Ok, I'll do my best here and see if I can help you out
- Unknown Track 003: I'm sure thast either a Dmumonde or Flutlicth track, its familier.
_________________ www.davehart.me |
| Post rating: 1 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:51 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Radiosity
Podium Dancer
 Vibes: 45.06
Joined: 19 Oct 2003 Member #: 4,625 Posts: 274 Location: Lincs, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
Thanks davehart, appreciate the help as always And yeah, 003 is familiar and i'm actually pretty sure I id'd it once before (randomly heard it played on a steaming station) but forgot to actually note the name down... then forgot it heh.
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:56 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
davehart
i:Vibes Admin
 Vibes: 568.95
Joined: 19 Nov 2001 Member #: 910 Posts: 4314 Location: Notts, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
I'll keep working away through it and see if any jog my memory. I'm sure that last track is a Yomada mix of some form of Judge inspired record.
_________________ www.davehart.me |
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:55 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Stream
i:Vibes Admin
Vibes: 328.47
Joined: 11 Mar 2001 Member #: 1 Posts: 2454 Location: Norway
|
Post subject: |
|
|
| I've started listening through the list myself, but not sure if I can be helpful. Lots of tracks...
|
| Post rating: 1 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:16 am |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Stream
i:Vibes Admin
Vibes: 328.47
Joined: 11 Mar 2001 Member #: 1 Posts: 2454 Location: Norway
|
Post subject: |
|
|
| The track starting at 9:11 in the Infected Mushroom mix is definately "I'm the supervisor".
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:21 am |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Radiosity
Podium Dancer
 Vibes: 45.06
Joined: 19 Oct 2003 Member #: 4,625 Posts: 274 Location: Lincs, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
Thanks Stream Yeah I know all the IM tracks in that mix, those two tracks I don't know were played by IM at the beginning of a guest mix of their own tracks, which started with IM the supervisor, after these two.
At least, that's how it sounded... it was a streaming station so it's possible those two tracks were played by the station before the IM mix started. Bit difficult to tell on that one since IM use some interesting mixing methods and the way IM the Supervisor starts is something they'd likely use... well either way, they're awesome tunes that need ids
edit: I've uploaded a new track. The 'Possibly Joop' one. Armin played this in the latest ASOT but the tracklist hasn't been added to the site yet and the poll on trance.nu is unavailable to me because I'm not registered... and isn't it just typical that when I try and register, the register server has a problem and won't let me.
Someone doesn't want me knowing this track By the sound of it alone I'm 99% sure it's Joop though, it's definitely the sort of monster choon I'd expect from Joop (much like The Future).
edit: Three ids found, first post edited
edit2: immediately after making these edits I found one more heh. First post edited again.
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:28 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Stream
i:Vibes Admin
Vibes: 328.47
Joined: 11 Mar 2001 Member #: 1 Posts: 2454 Location: Norway
|
Post subject: |
|
|
Gone through a few more now. I know I've heard some of them before but it's hard to ID. Track 1 and 9 sound very familiar.
Track 18 sounds a lot like Antiloop, but not sure it's one of theirs.
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:12 am |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
davehart
i:Vibes Admin
 Vibes: 568.95
Joined: 19 Nov 2001 Member #: 910 Posts: 4314 Location: Notts, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
Track 48 I know........its been in a van Dyk set many a time. I'll look it up when I get home.
_________________ www.davehart.me |
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:24 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
davehart
i:Vibes Admin
 Vibes: 568.95
Joined: 19 Nov 2001 Member #: 910 Posts: 4314 Location: Notts, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
Track 047 is a track by Blank & Jones from there 'Nightclubbing Album'
_________________ www.davehart.me |
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:28 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
davehart
i:Vibes Admin
 Vibes: 568.95
Joined: 19 Nov 2001 Member #: 910 Posts: 4314 Location: Notts, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
TRACK 047: Blank & Jones - Fragile
TRACK 050: Christopher Lawrence - Renegade
TRACK 052: Alibi - Eternity (Thrillseekers Remix)
_________________ www.davehart.me |
| Post rating: 1 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:21 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Radiosity
Podium Dancer
 Vibes: 45.06
Joined: 19 Oct 2003 Member #: 4,625 Posts: 274 Location: Lincs, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
Awesome stuff, thanks guys Track 52 I was sure was Eternity (I seem to recall I mentioned that's what I thought in an older thread here) but wasn't sure of the mix, so thanks muchly for clearing that one up.
Oh, and that Joop-esque one I uploaded seems to be W&W - Mustang. Haven't been able to find it to buy on TiD though unfortunately.
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:40 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Stream
i:Vibes Admin
Vibes: 328.47
Joined: 11 Mar 2001 Member #: 1 Posts: 2454 Location: Norway
|
Post subject: |
|
|
Just listening to a few more.
Track 40 sounds very familiar. Think I have it on a podcast or something. Will check if I can find out which and if there's a tracklist anywhere.
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:16 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Radiosity
Podium Dancer
 Vibes: 45.06
Joined: 19 Oct 2003 Member #: 4,625 Posts: 274 Location: Lincs, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
Hey davehart, got id on that Yomanda one. You were right, it is indeed Yomanda It's On the level, released in 2000
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:06 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
davehart
i:Vibes Admin
 Vibes: 568.95
Joined: 19 Nov 2001 Member #: 910 Posts: 4314 Location: Notts, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
I had a feeling it was, it had that Yomanda vibe about it.
I've never heard that particular track by them though, must have slipped through the net.
Good old Manifesto, not a label thats still in operation now are they? Last release in 2006 so there site says.
_________________ www.davehart.me |
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:51 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Radiosity
Podium Dancer
 Vibes: 45.06
Joined: 19 Oct 2003 Member #: 4,625 Posts: 274 Location: Lincs, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
More updates: Managed to get a bunch more id'd thanks to the guys at LiquidFM Just check the samples link, the ones I've id'd are all renamed from Track ### to whatever they're called.
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:55 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
|
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum
|

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
|
|