GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
J00F Unfolds on Fektive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Artist and Label News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mostwantedkat
Kat
Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 2.10

Member #: 8,779

Post Post subject: J00F Unfolds on Fektive Reply with quote

Holland-based record label Fektive has been making waves over the course of 2006 with some of the most highly supported music to come out of northern Europe. In just over a year they have already garnered enthusiastic support from some of the biggest names in the industry, including Tiesto, Roger Sanchez, Pete Tong, Benny Benassi, Ferry Corsten, Marco V, Markus Schulz, Erick Morillo and Armin van Buuren. Now they release their first compilation CD, ‘Unfold’, mixed by none other than one of the world’s foremost DJs, John ‘00’ Fleming.

John, or J00F as he is known to his millions of fans worldwide, straddles the worlds of psy-trance and progressive with such ease it’s hard to believe that there can sometimes be such a divide between both genres. His style is fluid, smooth, almost sensuous and without doubt, musically inspiring. His profile around the globe is one that is met with huge respect, great affection and eager anticipation for his work.

Now with Unfold he unleashes a double mix CD compilation that warms up and energises the listener in equal measures. Taking tracks by some of the hottest acts out right now, including Infected Mushroom, Astrix, Wizzy Noise, Pete Gawtry, Alex Morph and John himself, he blends, concocts, fuses and creates two phenomenal mixes that are both sublime and scintillating. Technically superb, musically beautiful, Unfold wraps itself around the listener from the very beginning and takes them to a world of beautiful music. At times dark, techy and driving, at others ethereal and floating, and in the very best parts, both, this is an album that perfectly brings together the sounds of two of the most exciting genres out there at the moment.

Speaking about the difference between this compilation and previous albums, John said, “Over the past few years I’ve been involved in my highly successful ‘White Label’ compilation series (which will be back later this year) where I picked new, unreleased tracks to be mixed on the album, exposing new artist and labels.”

“With the Unfold album, I had a free reign to do what I wanted. It was a breath of fresh air to look back at my favourite tracks over the past few years and include them on this album. This is a true reflection of where I have been musically over the past few years.”

Track listing:

Disc A – Morning Mix

1. Jasper Williams – Breathe
2. Kult of Krameria – Coming Over
3. Ticon – Rip It Up
4. Peter Gun – The Rhythm
5. Perry O’Neil – Bass Society
6. Whirloop – Sky Mint
7. Vibrasphere – 7 Days To Daylight
8. Tegman – A Night In Cairo
9. Human Blue – Zero Tonic
10. Wizzy Noise – Bendamin
11. Pete Gawtry & James Alexander – Lost In You (Digital Blonde remix)

Disc B – Main Room Mix

1. Tristan & Prometheus – Grow More Pot
2. 2. Alex M.O.R.P.H. – New Harvest (Human Blue remix)
3. John 00 Fleming & Digital Blonde (00.db) – Twister
4. Elec3 – Plugged (Wizzy Noise Remix)
5. Koxbox – Side Effects
6. Xerox & Illumination – Nightshift (Remix)
7. Human Blue – Terpsichore
8. Wizzy Noise & Prosper – Panic Attack
9. Infected Mushroom & Astrix – Monster (Astrix Remix) (John 00 Fleming Edit)
10. Wizzy Noise – Ociana
11. John 00 Fleming & Wizzy Noise – Endelexia
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:54 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Artist and Label News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: