GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Disco Drums - Support from Laurent Garnier & Sebastien Leger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Artist and Label News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex Parsons
Alex Parsons
Wannabe Clubber

Vibes: 6.96

Member #: 8,249

Post Post subject: Disco Drums - Support from Laurent Garnier & Sebastien L Reply with quote

Hola,

My new EP, Storymate/Disco Drums is now availiable to buy. It's on Mazi's stormer of a label, Gourmet Recordings and is already gaining playage from Laurent Garnier, Mazi, Sebastien Leger and Fabrice Lig.

Here's what the label has to say:

This record starts out with the instant classic “Storymate”. I think of this track as everything that is good about house music. The arrangement is sparse but in reality there are tons of sounds and subtleties ranging from analog squelches to lush pads, a deep insistent bass and lots of well placed effects that keep things sonically inviting without ever getting extraneous. The track has the kind of groove that would work wonders at Room 1 in Fabric. Next up is Alex’s original mix of “Disco Drums”. The main strength of the track is one of Mr. Parsons’ patented jumping bass lines that gets the crowd screaming as soon as the first note drops. Of course our man doesn’t stop there, he keeps twisting and mangling things with effects, bleeps and disco space sounds. His original version simply destroys the dance floor…’nuff said! On the B-side you’ll find my Audio Soul Project remix. I took some of Alex’s original effects and put them over a new groove and new subby bass line to create a steady deep vibe. Seeing as how the original was rocking my peak time dance floors I imagined the remix should be a more subtle affair. Don’t get me wrong though it still gets hips moving and asses shaking…just give it a try! As if this wasn’t already the complete package Alex felt it was necessary to include a useful “Disco Tool” for DJ’s who aren’t afraid of working three decks. Work it!

Follow the link for a preview:

http://www.juno.co.uk/search/?q=alex%20parsons&precision=all&column=all

Alex
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:04 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Artist and Label News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: