GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
boring reviews or boring tracks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Site Feedback and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  

does everyone agree with me
agree
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
do not agree
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 7

djmixman

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 1,402

Post Post subject: boring reviews or boring tracks Reply with quote

well this is just a suggestion!
as u know i am a die hard fan of your site , this trick might work!

try to review tracks which are a bit commercial and in the mainstream

of groups like ian van dahl , cj stone etc.

review of such trax like headstrong - tilt feat. maria naylor arent appriciated that much as they don' t have any commercial appeal and the track is not that great either.

and the public in general likes more of uplifting VOCAL TRANCE which is nowadays being played on radios too Smile

cj stone - into the sea - 4.5/5
riva - who do you love now - 4/5
dj sammy and yanou - heaven - 5/5
dj encore - high on life (extended remix) - 6/5

tracks like these are better for reviews and will keep fans interested in coming back for more!!!!!!

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 2:17 pm
Tim
Tim
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 56.96

Member #: 455

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

i do NOT agree

the reviews made by the crew are mostly not mainstream, not commercial and why??

if it's mainstream and commercial, then why would they want to review it? most of the persons will know it then, so the effort of reviewing it will get lost cuz everyone knows it.

the reviews that have been done are mostly new tracks and not mainstream, to point attention to it. letting know that there's more then 'Ian Van Dahl' or 'Cj Stone' like u said.
Trance isn't only commercial, there are more styles to it then you think. Not everyone likes commercial trance, at least, I dont.

So if you want reviews of commercial, vocal or other style trance, you can review it, and then post that review in the forums.

But the crew decides what tracks are being reviewed, the ones which they find suitable to be on the main page, ones that will get the interest of the visitors and the frequenters...

Just my opinion, and I know that there will be people who disagree with me, and I respect that. Opinions differ, taste differs.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 2:31 pm
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

Current Poll Status:

Uplifting: 33.6%
Melodic: 19%
Hard: 18.3%
Commercial: 0.8% !!!!!!!!
Vocal: 10.7%
Progressive: 15.3%
Other: 1.9%

I think that we will try to focus more on the most popular styles of trance which our very own visitors have voted for Smile

I agree with both posts above and I think that we should review the tracks Trigax has mentioned as well as djmixman

Commercial trance is liked by 0.8% of our visitors this is not such a good score Smile But you were correct about VOCAL trance it is pretty p[opular scoring 10%... However, uplifting, hard, melodic and progressive are the popular ones right now and i hope the crew and I will focus on these tracks.

For the record we have reviewed commercial tracks, such as Ian Van Dahl I myself did a review of Will I and another crew member made a review of Castles in the sky along wiht its remixes! ... We have many other commercial tracks reviewed also I myslef have reviewed many as this is a nice style of trance and I like it... Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 5:57 pm
infinity

Starting to Feel The Music

Vibes: 0.04

Member #: 15

I would disagree with this one as well.

The site is a music site to deliver reviews on music, we don't take an aim to promote commercial tunes, but more so, bring tunes which people overlook and review them to give greater exposure.

for commercial reviews, you can go look in any magazine, or check another site. I think that we will continue reviewing what we believe to be the tracks of interest..
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 6:02 pm
TranceSeeker
Breakbeat Addict
Full-Time DJ

Vibes: 0.99

Member #: 211

I also DONT AGREE, commercial tunes suck (not all of them),

but i say: "all hail to the progressive !!!"

BTW Trigax nice words you got there Smile

http://users.pandora.be/TranceParadise/
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 8:18 pm
Kev

Bar Manager

Vibes: 0.12

Member #: 303

Yeh, I also agree with everyone else here....some commercial stuff is good, but I like reviews of the harder more non-commercial stuff too, as it's the material you don't hear as much and it is useful to know what it's like before you go and buy or download it...

-Kev Very Happy

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 11:13 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

A lot of the commercial stuff apart from the really cheesy and excruiciatingly painful to listen to stuff starts out in the clubs anyway, it only becomes commercial when dave pearce or judge jules hump it into neverending boredom..... it takes them usually a lot longer to get them too, Joshua Ryan - Pistolwhip was out in clubs for at least 18 months before they got hold of it.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 12:28 pm
bluE_Neon

Bar Manager

Vibes: 2.92

Member #: 202

none of us need commercial trance...it isn't real trance Rolling Eyes
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 5:03 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Site Feedback and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: