GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Learning To DJ [04] - Finer Mixing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
[i:Vibes] System

System Role

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 6

Post Post subject: Learning To DJ [04] - Finer Mixing Reply with quote

Discuss this [i:Vibes] article here!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 5:54 pm
djchris

Member #: 3,058

Post Post subject: finer mixing Reply with quote

steven, i just wanted to thank you for your article on mixing. obviously it took you a painstakingly long amount of time to do. i'm sure it is not easy to explain "mixing" to someone without anything tangible to relate it to - i.e sound or mixing board.

anyways, as a starting dj i have applied some of your techniques and found them to work extremely well. it has taken some time, but as you said, "practice".

being from a non-musical background, where can i find more information on the structure of music (bars - tempo etc.) that relates to dance music? i've tried to mix only by "ear" and found it extremely difficult to match songs.

thanks again,
chris
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 2:26 am
djchris

Member #: 3,058

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

found it. thanks. talk about brain overload to the untrained musician. Surprised
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:05 pm
DJ_Kane

Total Newbie

Member #: 3,060

Post Post subject: Mix tutorial Reply with quote

Hey, great info, but you're not giving credit to the guy who actually wrote this. I read the same thing when I started mixing about 2 1/2 yrs ago and its actually from a UK dj's website. So give credit where it's due, ey Steve?
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:46 pm
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

Im not sure as to where the original of this came from although I have changed the text quite a bit... I had saved the basic of this text on my computer years ago and I added some peices here and there myself... Twisted Evil Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:18 pm
jiznesse
jesse
Total Newbie

Member #: 3,338

Post Post subject: Where is this mixing article... Reply with quote

So yeaa... I don't see a link to this so call article on mixing? Where might some one find it that is reading on this thread? hmmm? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:29 pm
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

Post Post subject: Re: Where is this mixing article... Reply with quote

jiznesse wrote:
So yeaa... I don't see a link to this so call article on mixing? Where might some one find it that is reading on this thread? hmmm? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

It is there, check the Main page www.ivibes.nu and then tutorials from the Menu on the left, and u can read each one, they dont link directly to the forum, tho thats something we're working on
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:43 pm
DJ M-Ruh
Emrah
Total Newbie

Vibes: 0.23

Member #: 5,489

Post Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I got my decks about 2 weeks ago, and I needed a good tutorial about mixing (especially beatmatching). Yours helped a lot, thank you Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:15 pm
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

Sweet Laughing
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:08 pm
tryxx
DJ, at your service
Moving your Body

Vibes: 19.05

Member #: 6,296

nice article on finer points of mixing mate Smile

i've been djing for 4 months now, and i have come to the point where i can effectively use pretty much all these advanced techniques...

there's ONE that i don't know how to do..

i believe it's called 'cutting'. my mate does it all the time when he's mixing hard dance, and its sound fucking amazing.

can you shed some light on the matter please?

Smile

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:31 am
Recess
Dj Recess
Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 1.45

Member #: 7,563

Hey,

I'd just like everyone to know that this article was lifted DIRECTLY from my website (www.recess.co.uk).

As of December 06, this will infringe on copyright for a book I'm about to release. (Click here to pre-order it on Amazon).

So I'd like to make a request to the forum owners that this, and the other posts by Steven H are credited as my work, and I'm allowed to re-edit them with content that won't breach copyright.

It's not my intention to remove these tutorials, merely to have their credit properly... credited, and have them in a state that won't impact the copyright (and, it must be said) sales of my book.

This message will be posted on all offending posts, and I'll also PM the site admin. Thanks for your time.

Recess (aka John Steventon)

Success is merely a failure to imagine more.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:34 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Tutorial Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: