GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
does everyone do drugs?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trancemag
guy with too much sparetime
Regular Clubber

Vibes: 10.73

Member #: 7,071

Post Post subject: does everyone do drugs? Reply with quote

ive never been to a big trance event like TE or anything, but ive heard that olmost everyone takes drugs is it true?
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:44 pm
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

No.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:17 pm
Spherix
Erik
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 145.72

Member #: 2,831

Post Post subject: Re: does everyone do drugs? Reply with quote

trancemag wrote:
ive never been to a big trance event like TE or anything, but ive heard that olmost everyone takes drugs is it true?

you shouldn't trust everything you hear... Especially not the Swedish newspapers where you probebly got this thing from... Rolling Eyes

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:18 pm
trancemag
guy with too much sparetime
Regular Clubber

Vibes: 10.73

Member #: 7,071

Spherix wrote:
trancemag wrote:

you shouldn't trust everything you hear... Especially not the Swedish newspapers where you probebly got this thing from... Rolling Eyes

actually i heard from a friend that had been in netherlands, but i guess he was the only one to take drugs, förresten du e juh svensk tufft Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:24 pm
newtorontotrancegirl

Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 7.13

Member #: 7,078

I have heard that Trance is major in the European countries and is heavily popular in Japan. Along with this popularity, there does come the assumption that there would be drugs being used by everyone but the possibility of everyone attending a trance event using drugs is extremely low.

Have you, yourself used drugs even at a trance event? Or have you observed this occuring at a trance event?

Personally, wouln't the use of drugs ruin the enjoyment of fully experiencing edm music? For example, if you listened to progressive and breaks, followed by tribal house, wouldn't you want to let the music take you away and not the effect of drugs?

So, I am in agreement with Stream when he says,
Quote:
NO
!

Just an suggestion: if you want to know who does drugs, you could possibly ask some of the club owners or DJs because they are the ones that are frequently seeing this kind of activity in the clubs!

Peace. Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:33 pm
Spherix
Erik

trancemag wrote:
Spherix wrote:
trancemag wrote:

actually i heard from a friend that had been in netherlands, but i guess he was the only one to take drugs, förresten du e juh svensk tufft Smile

haha ye Wink som faen Smile tyvärr är det inte så många svenskar som hänger här =/

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:46 pm
Chey!

Ruling the Dancefloor

Vibes: 31.94

Member #: 3,151

here are drugs used quite often in (trance) events, but it doesnt mean that everybody does that.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:23 pm
Gambit

Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 33.96

Member #: 6,947

i think this is a subject for Mythbusters Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:04 pm
technics
Justin Tyme
Dominating the Dancefloor

Vibes: 26.19

Member #: 2,851

yes it's true... EVERYONE does drugs, kinda like how every italian is in the mafia Whisper
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:43 pm
DaveJeff

Bar Staff

Vibes: 33.45

Member #: 2,126

No. An unintelligent query.

PS - What is the theme song for Mythbusters?
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:39 am
Andy P
Andy

Vibes: 94.69

Member #: 4,745

NO, not everyone does drugs but I think certain places in the world, it is more common. Judging what I've been told by friends from the UK, it is a lot more commonplace than say Toronto.

Check the frontpage daily to find out!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:30 pm
technics
Justin Tyme

you obviously don't go clubbing a lot in toronto... b/c it's pretty common in toronto from what i've seen.. clubs like guvernment and viva.. i have a friend that deals that ish and boy is he blinging.. maybe it's less socially acceptable? hence it's more low profile.. haha come to think about it the house across from me turned out to be a pot house and recently their was a big raid on a house in my neighbourhood of e, considered to be the largest ever in canada... and no, i don't live in the ghetto haha
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:14 am
Andy P
Andy

Oh so now, you know everything?

Let's talk here, people taking drugs is more commonplace in my personal opinion in Europe rather compared to Toronto. Yes Toronto does have its own drug scene and we are not immune from clubbers taking drugs. So read my comment again, I said that it is more commonplace in Europe than Toronto, I never said it was not commonplace for people to take drugs. If you have the money, you can find just about anything illegal in virtually any big city on earth. If you want to see druggies, then you would go to the guvernment that has way too many 30+ year old Chinese Sketchpads, who go to that club to simply take drugs and they don't know crap about the music. You know who I'm talking about, the people who are always bumping into others. The club scene has been always linked with drugs and it probably always be.

Post rating: -1 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:53 pm
DaveJeff

Bar Staff

Vibes: 33.45

Member #: 2,126

Andy, you get offended pretty easily bro. Fact is, drug trends range from year to year, city to city. I'd love to see some solid facts on any of this stuff if people have any.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:46 pm
apple martini
Luke

Vibes: 1.05

Member #: 6,554

i do drugs....dont konw about u, but i enjoy smoking the ganj
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:30 am
newtorontotrancegirl

Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 7.13

Member #: 7,078

What is the ganj?
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:16 am
technics
Justin Tyme

Andy P wrote:
Oh so now, you know everything?

Let's talk here, people taking drugs is more commonplace in my personal opinion in Europe rather compared to Toronto. Yes Toronto does have its own drug scene and we are not immune from clubbers taking drugs. So read my comment again, I said that it is more commonplace in Europe than Toronto, I never said it was not commonplace for people to take drugs. If you have the money, you can find just about anything illegal in virtually any big city on earth. If you want to see druggies, then you would go to the guvernment that has way too many 30+ year old Chinese Sketchpads, who go to that club to simply take drugs and they don't know crap about the music. You know who I'm talking about, the people who are always bumping into others. The club scene has been always linked with drugs and it probably always be.

What does race have to do with anything? I only ask this because if you didn't find it to be an issue you wouldn't have brought it up. Did one of those, as your ignorantly put it, 30 year old Chinese sketchpads push and spank you, is that why you're so mad? Secondly, what constitutes knowing the music? You either like it or not, people don't need to know the title to every song or know every artist in order to appreciate the music. Music in itself is all about personal preference anyways and what sounds good, not being a trance librarian. I think you forgot what trance is all about, it's the mood and the euphora it brings to you, not simply what genre or which artist it is! The only logic I can see in what you're saying is if I want to buy a certain product based on what I've enjoyed in the past, aside from that, I would beg the question on your argument. Then again, you can sample the music for the most part so I think your argument is weak! Also, how do you know that drugs in "the scene" are more common place in Europe as opposed to Canada, have you been to Europe? If so, do you have enough experience clubbing there to know what it's all about or are you arguments based upon what you have heard? Lastly, can you honestly say that you know enough people in Canada that go clubbing to support your argument or are you simply generalizing based on your circle of friends? When I smoked, it seemed like everyone did b/c I would associate with smokers and go to places where I'd likely find smokers. IMO, maybe you should start taking drugs, that way you can chill out a little bit haha.. sorry coudln't resist!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:13 am
Andy P
Andy

Actually I did a pretty extensive survey for an ivibes.nu article that I was going to write and never got around to writing and it will sadly probably never see the light of day and Europe obviously is more liberal with drugs as well, look at Holland, Portugal and other places. Yes, the guvernment has a lot of Asians who only show up to take drugs and they usually bump into you for no reason. Ask anyone else who has ever been to the guvernment, you know I'm right Very Happy. If you want to smoke herb and chillax, then by all means, I don't need herb. You also assume I give a rat's ass about fooking trance music, which has completely hit the shitter. If you want to meet me, I'll be at System's 6th Birthday on the 18th for Steve Tribal King Lawler \o/

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:19 pm
Watts
Mark Raybone
i:Vibes Webmaster

Vibes: 202.36

Member #: 2,735

Heheh, you mentioned the T word to Andy. Rolling Eyes Wink
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andy P
Andy

Tribal > Trance at this moment

tho I am hammering GU017 and Nubreed 3

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:34 pm
HaRd_TrAnCe
Davey
Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 4.80

Member #: 7,279

FUK RIGHTS EVERY1 DOES DRUGS WHO DOSENT
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:24 am
nwopper
hardtranceaddict
Regular Clubber

Vibes: 10.13

Member #: 6,991

trancemag wrote:

Surprised
So...talking about yer stereotypes here.
I've been to TE 5 times now, and never used drugs, as well as at least 15000 other people. I don't care whether people use drugs during parties or not (a lot of my friends do, though), I like to have my head clear and enjoy the music.

My comics: http://www.dumonde.de/4gallery/show_gallery1.php4?gallery_id=26
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:29 pm
pip

Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 3.19

Member #: 7,294

IN MY OPION [4 WHAT ITS WORTH] I THINK THE MAJORITY OF PEEPS DO DO DRUGS IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER. TROUBLE IS WHEN WE OR OTHERS THINK OF DRUGS THEY INEVITABLY THINK OF SUCH DRUGS AS CANNABIS, Es, COKE ETC .THEY [NON USERS] CONSUME DRINK , INHALE TOBACCO ,DRINK COFFEE & TEA NOT REALISING THAT THESE IN THERE OWN RIGHT ARE JUST AS BAD IF NOT WORSE THAN THE DRUGS THAT THEY CONDEMN. Rolling Eyes
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:53 pm
Viceroy
Sam
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 230.33

Member #: 3,192

I don't think you can compare cocaine to caffeine.

Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.
-Friedrich von Schiller
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:51 pm
davehart

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 563.81

Member #: 910

I've never unserstood why people take drugs weather it be power or pill based. Its a big money culture now with more people smacked off their tits than you would realise. I neither take drugs or appluad people who do as the majority of them are twats.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:37 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Phenixa
Maria
Wannabe Clubber

Vibes: 3.84

Member #: 4,581

there will always be some people taking drugs at trance parties, no one can probably ever stop that, but far from all does it.
I was at innercity last year, i saw alot of people on drugs, but i also saw alot of people who were clean, so it goes both ways..
Trance has always been asosiated with drugs and it wont stop in the nearest future i guess,but the end conclusion is that not everyone takes drugs:)

Me myself likes more to enjoy the music then blowing my mind of at E

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:31 am
Spherix
Erik

Phenixa wrote:
there will always be some people taking drugs at trance parties, no one can probably ever stop that, but far from all does it.

indeed... there have been much talk about this lately since the police did like a raid against a tranceparty here in Sweden... Sad

Honsetly... I don't think that there are more drugs on trance parties than on other kinda parties... Rolling Eyes

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:52 pm
Viceroy
Sam
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 230.33

Member #: 3,192

Spherix wrote:
Honsetly... I don't think that there are more drugs on trance parties than on other kinda parties... Rolling Eyes

They get a lot more recognition for it though, which makes a lot of people look on all electronic music as purely drug music. Gives it a bad name.

But look how many rock/popular musicans have died because of drug overdoses, even lately, then try to name some DJs who have.

Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.
-Friedrich von Schiller
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:09 am
Greenland

Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 1.83

Member #: 7,779

I dont do drugs, and I dont like all those e-tards annoying me at raves..
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:23 am
white_alex
Alexei
Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 1.42

Member #: 8,039

music is the drug...
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:18 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Other discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: