GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
GreenWave present Chris Hampshire on ets-global.org this wed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monocerosman
Green Wave
Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 4.43

Member #: 5,917

Post Post subject: GreenWave present Chris Hampshire on ets-global.org this wed Reply with quote

This wed we present Chris Hampshire as the guest on Trance Destiny on ets-global.org

Chris Hampshire is an accomplished producer with three labels of his own (Interflow Sounds, Nada Records and D-Stressed), Chris also owns one of the best dance music studios in the South of England

Chris has been involved in the dance music scene for quite a while, releasing his first single in 1996. Originally working with partner and then Zap Club resident John Weatherley, it was the second "Hampshire and Weatherley" single "Breathless" that really put Chris on the dance scene map. Breathless forged it’s way to be an anthem in the Australian scene and is still played to a floor of screaming punters today. The single went on to sell over 20000 copies, appearing on countless compilations, and included a remix from the late and much missed producer Tony De Vit.

In just twelve months Chris turned a small writing suite in the corner of his lounge into a state of the art commercial studio that now plays host to some of the leading names across the underground dance music spectrum. These include artists such as Andy Farley, Dave Randall from the harder edge of the scene through to Cajun (Fluid Records) and now of course Baroque on the deeper/progressive tip.

As an artist, Chris is about as prolific as they come with well over 100 commercial releases. Chris’s harder edge productions are now signed to the well known and successful Recover Records and include collaborations with the UK King of Trance; Phil Reynolds and Dance Valley legend; Tom Harding. An ongoing project with Techno label, Bush Records ensures that Chris's versatility is tested to the maximum

With another new project on the way, a double mixed CD compilation release, called “Harder, Faster, Deeper”, Chris Hampshire took some time out of his busy schedule to answer a few questions...

Chris, you are recognised as one of the premier producers in the Hard Dance scene at the moment. Please tell me a little bit about yourselves and how you came to be where you are today?

Well that’s nice of you to say. I can honestly say that all I’ve ever done is my own thing. I started producing dance music in the early nineties having already built up a healthy set of equipment from my days when I was in bands. Yes I did the band thing!! I used to spend every Friday night at Eric Powell’s legendary club nights at Brighton’s Zap Club listening to the finest dance music around and one day I thought, I can do this, so I did. When you go to a club regularly you get to know the resident DJ’s and I hooked up with John Weatherley. Our second single, Breathless just went ballistic helped in no small part by a great mix by Tony De Vit. When it was originally released, Tony’s mix got great reviews but wasn’t the biggest seller of the double pack. But as we all know, his sound was way ahead of its time and it just continued selling and it continues to sell. Along the way we have picked up new mixes to freshen up the originals but basically that was my springboard

http://www.ets-global.org

Next week's(22nd) guest will be Estuera
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:52 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Radio Broadcasts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: