GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
demo draft - please comment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vent

Vibes: 0.45

Member #: 6,916

Post Post subject: demo draft - please comment Reply with quote

first attempt in this style (what would you call this anyway?)

any and all comments, feedback, suggestions, ideas... very welcome.

as always, it's a very rough draft: i haven't mixed it properly, not done too much of effects...blabla... basically, would like to know if I should or should not waste more time on this.

http://users.telenet.be/krisgeelen/see128-441-med.mp3

thanks and take care,

vent

PS yes, the percussion intro is long, 1:20s into it, is where it really begins.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:36 pm
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Beginning, kind of progressive sound... seems to be put together pretty well... dang i didnt expect the bass to be like that. hmm you need a lot of work on bass and drum patterns. all the sounds actually need work.. try more reverbs/delays/eq's etc...

you actually have a few nice ideas in there, with more work to your sounds and maybe a little more variet it could be a nice composition Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:22 am
vent

Vibes: 0.45

Member #: 6,916

thanks steven,

You're right, it does need some work for sure.

When you say "I didn't expect the bassline to be like that", do you mean it's like a style clash; that it doesn't make sense.

cheers,

vent
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:43 pm
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

when i mentioned the bass i was referring to the sound itself. i think it needed to be introduced earlier in the track with a cut down on notes and not very prominent. Filter it waay down and temp the listeners.

Then kick in with more power around the same time that you kick in the current bass. it also needs a lot of EQ Smile

hope this helps Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:29 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: