GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
THE PUBLIC !! HERES SOME OF THE DAFT THINGS THEY SAY WHEN U DJ ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
upmajaksi

Wannabe Clubber

Vibes: 0.04

Member #: 560

Post Post subject: THE PUBLIC !! HERES SOME OF THE DAFT THINGS THEY SAY WHEN U Reply with quote

As a trance dj i suppose this comes under the trance topic, any while im waiting on my downloads to finish how about this. over the 8 years or so ive been dj ing, dont u just hate those annoying punters who come up to u in the middle of your set and ask ?? Heres a few example

havent u got anything decent. (i always ignore that one)

youve just finished playing (push strange world) and someone comes up
an says. havent u got anything with a beat (AAAAAARGH)

you have been playin pumpin trance tunes all night and some middle aged women comes up n says, could u play tom jones (guys usually say acdc, simple minds, madness, ect.

anyway my downloads finished i got loads more examples but i will l leave the funny ones up too you HAPPY REMINISING!! Wink
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 12:19 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kev

Bar Manager

Vibes: 0.12

Member #: 303

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hahaha...so true mate. It almost makes you want to tell them to get on the decks and do it themselves. I hate people who don't appreciate good music. Razz

-Kev Very Happy

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 12:23 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
onion

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 697

I actually like approaching DeeJays and i like asking them to play a very recent track which they have never heard of.... or the exact opposite and ask for an oldskool track which they have never heard of before...

In the first case what usually happens they look at you really wierd and say "Nahhh dunno what the f%&K is"... and what u find a couple weeks later they are playing that track and the crowd is going off... =)

One time this deejay kept playing the same set week in week out...
so i decided to "request" the next 6 tracks that he was going to play in the exact order... it was rather funny :roll:
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 5:48 pm
upmajaksi

Wannabe Clubber

Post Post subject: lol Reply with quote

he he i wouldnt have much of a problen with requests for new stuff, i download on average 2 to 300 tunes a week lol. someone did ask me once for steps 5678 i didnt have that Wink
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 6:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mathew

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 63.09

Member #: 230

i'm 15, i'm gettin' some decks this christmas (not as a christmas present though - lol) should i take this as a warning ?? hehe, or something to try when i'm old enough to go to clubs...
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 6:55 pm
upmajaksi

Wannabe Clubber

Post Post subject: re Reply with quote

one of the weirdest requests i ever had was (that looks easy can i have a
shot) Mad or how about: (i dont want to wait in the cloakroom q, can i leave my jacket here) he he only if you got sumthing worth stealing Laughing
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 7:18 pm
djsteven

Almost a Clubber

Member #: 734

Post Post subject: THE PUBLIC !! HERES SOME OF THE DAFT THINGS THEY SAY WHEN U Reply with quote

[quote:07166c4122=upmajaksi]
havent u got anything decent. (i always ignore that one)

Oh I hate that one mate! Wink

Hows about the stupid idiot that coems up and asks for the song you are currently playing?! I hate that one too! lol Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 6:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
upmajaksi

Wannabe Clubber

hehe duhh heres another one (can i have a look at ur cds) (my reply) what do u think i am a fuckin jukebox. put a couple a quid in me ill c what i can do lol Laughing
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 7:11 pm
davehart

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 563.81

Member #: 910

i bet you get a few nice laides come up and say things to you tho so i bet that makes up for all the shite you get off drunk clubbers.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 11:24 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
upmajaksi

Wannabe Clubber

There the ones that r usually drunk lol,plus females can be very percistant especailly when there nice lookin lol Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 12:18 pm
ingolf

Weekend Clubber

Vibes: 0.11

Member #: 24

Post Post subject: ... Reply with quote

asking and demanding audience is one thing........
djz who yell all sorts of things are fuc**** enoying.......
Maybe it is just because we have shitty djz in Denmark. but anyway I HATE IT Smile

ingolf
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 6:46 pm
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

I remember when I was 17 and In a crappy little under 18s nite, and the Dj was taking for requests, and when they were big, He hadn't heard of Gouryella or System F Out of the blue and he tried playing Atb's 9pm about 4 times cause he didn't have anything good.....

I dj'd for my bros 18th recently, and I left some of his useless Blink & Linkin park stuff to please everyone, but all I kept getting was ppl saying 'don't u have anything good' or 'this PPK is amazing' when i was playing Citizen Caned. I also managed to annoy them all by playing Joyenergizer really fast then really slow to get on pplz nerves, but as a DJ it must be annoying if you've planned your set out and theres an MC who keeps calling for a rewind on the tune, or when some1 wants something u just don't want to play Mad
I think we should bring in the 11th commandment ..... thou shall not question the DJ
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 6:44 pm
housefreax

On your way to Full-Time Clubber

Member #: 1,129

Shock Shock Shock
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 12:43 pm
Public Tranceport

Part-Time Clubber

Member #: 1,329

Post Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

hehehe I have had a couple of these myself but nothing gets my back up more than when some dumb *beep* just takes a vinyl, hands it to me and says "here play this" and then walks off Evil or Very Mad . Its probably a good thing they don't stay though hehehe Wink . Its only happened to me 3 or 4 times.

CHEERS!!! Laughing

PT Productions
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2001 3:39 pm
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

Quote:
11th commandment ..... thou shall not question the DJ

IM LIKING IT A LOT! Smile Very Happy[/quote]
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2001 3:45 pm
DJ Akilliz

Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 6.26

Member #: 1,696

upmajaksi: Seems to me you waste your time and maybe your talent playing at your local pub or something!! Sad (Steps? Tom Jones?) Find a place where trance and you would be appreciated. Smile Smile

I like requesting tunes but only from DJ's that I know of and I know that they have the tune. The feeling you get when they play the track is amazing. For example I have requested 'Major League - Wonder where you are' from Armin, 'System F - Solstice' from Ferry Corsten and they both played the tunes straight away!!! (I can not describe the excitement I felt)
My latest request was 'Arome - Somebody' from Scot Project himself but even though I found others beside me that agreed he didn't play it. Well too bad but that's his choice after all I was not dissapointed in the least by him!!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 1:46 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Other discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: