GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Trance Chart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Site Feedback and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Above&Beyond

Club Franchise Manager

Vibes: 0.37

Member #: 431

Post Post subject: The Trance Chart Reply with quote

Great idea!!! will there be more interactive stuff in the near future? Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 11:08 am
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if you visitors want more like this you will get it Smile

So far the response on the chart hasn't been overwhelming but I guess only a few of you have discovered it so far Razz
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 11:12 am
Tim
Tim
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 56.96

Member #: 455

Stream wrote:

Yes, if you visitors want more like this you will get it :)

So far the response on the chart hasn't been overwhelming but I guess only a few of you have discovered it so far :P

it's great, but i think you need to put more attention to it, like a forum announcement, or something on the homepage that attracts more viewers then it already has
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 11:37 am
Stream

Since there are so many top5 and top10 stuff in the trance/techno forum section i've added an anouncement about the i:Vibes charts there Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 12:33 pm
Tim
Tim

Vibes: 56.96

Member #: 455

cool
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 2:16 pm
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

Vibes: 77.64

Member #: 1,517

yeah.. the chart ROCKS Laughing Laughing

... Dumonde - Never Look Back should be #1 Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Its Coming Home, Its Coming Home, Its Coming, Footballs Coming Home
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 7:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
C-quence

Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 8

Have you got more suggestions for the charts?
Please let us know, so we can make it more interactive...
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 9:08 am
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

any chance samples of the tunes could be uploaded so if we havnt heard the song we can preview it... and then go and buy it / download it and be able to rate it ??

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 5:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
C-quence

Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 8

((-&E-)) wrote:

any chance samples of the tunes could be uploaded so if we havnt heard the song we can preview it... and then go and buy it / download it and be able to rate it ??

I think that's a great idea, but it will have some difficulties:

- Who posts those previews? they must be the same length/quality.
- Copyrights: what bitrate / how long are the samples?
- Webspace?

My opinion is, that right now, there are too much new songs, because every song of the last half year is posted right now.

I'll post your suggestion in the crew forum, you'll hear about it...

anyone more suggestions?
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 6:17 pm
Ian
on a long term break

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

if its only a short sample of the tunes and in mono format, theres no point trying to download it anyway... Radio 1 let you listen to 1 minute samples of tunes in Jules' chart where u vote your faves in each week there, perhaps it'd be worth doing it for that, plus exposure to new tunes can only be good for the artists, but cos its not a full version its not worth downloading it, and if its streamed, even if its part of the ivibes radio broadcast that u can listen to them all from the start for a minute, file sizes wouldn't be too bad anyway from that, no more than a big picture file would

I have most of the songs featured on my computer, I could rip them and send them to wherever with my editors, let me know if you're interested, tho it'd have to be when i get my computer back, maybe in a week, But if people help me get songs I dont have, I'll convert them and cut them into small samples then upload them for you, even if its so that you can stream them afterwards, If it Made ppl happy, Its worth putting time into for you guys
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 6:51 pm
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

yeah.. that what i meant by samples... short, low birate clips.. Laughing

and as Ferrycorstenfan said... they wouldnt take up too much MB.. im sure each songs preview could be kept below 100KB...

.. i would offer my webspace but i only got 25mb and am on 56k so it prob wouldnt be much use....

anyway... off to get some obtain some more inspirational ideas threw the power of alcohol... Razz

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 7:16 pm
Stream

If we can sort out some kind of administration of such an amount of sound-clips we might add it Smile
It is a great suggestion....but it will take a lot of time to go through with it Crying or Very sad

But I have done an improvement on the charts today. You probably noticed you got an neverending list of songs when you opened the page.

Now you can select to view only songs you have not voted on (default), the songs you have voted on....or you can show all songs...as before.

Hope this is to your likeing Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 3:31 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Site Feedback and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: