GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7 Questions with Armin van Buuren

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Interview Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[i:Vibes] System

System Role

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 6

Post Post subject: 7 Questions with Armin van Buuren Reply with quote

Discuss this [i:Vibes] article here!

[i][b]Article teaser:[/b][/i]
Armin van Buuren gets bigger and bigger every month but how does he handle i:vibes.nu interview questions?
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:55 pm
montana
tony montana

Vibes: 23.51

Member #: 3,412

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

great intarviw
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cooler

Head Bouncer

Vibes: 87.83

Member #: 3,984

Tough questions there, but Armin is a smart kiddie, so he handled it well IMO Razz Wink
#1 Jonas Steur - Silent Waves
#2 Niklas Harding pres. Arcane - Blue Circles
#3 Jonas Steur - Castamara

Track to watch out for:
Arizona vs. Passiva - Halo
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:41 pm
Andski

Feeling The Music

Vibes: 6.20

Member #: 3,654

good interview, he answered the questions really well!

Uhhhh
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:33 pm
Andy P
Andy
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 94.69

Member #: 4,745

It is about darn time that sites honestly gave you what you wanted. I joined this site because I got sick of other sites just using the same questions and the same no innovation style. I've busted my rear end to give you new stuff and more exciting stuff. The blunt questions were not any disrespect to Armin but I think it is about time that sites asked the questions that people wanted to know. I'll probably ask the questions that you want to see answered in other interviews with other people. I hope you enjoyed something different, as usual, I welcome your comments good or bad via email.

Check the frontpage daily to find out!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:39 pm
Viceroy
Sam
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 230.33

Member #: 3,192

Good questions, it's nice to see the questions asked that a lot of people are thinking.
However, there's nothing revealing about his answers, I was hoping he would put more effort into it and give really thoughtful responses. He's just towing the line, so I don't think he said what he meant for some of them.

Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.
-Friedrich von Schiller
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:52 am
Andy P
Andy

You guys wanted more tough questions for interviews and I've done it. I'm simply giving you people what you want, unlike the rest of the world.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:06 pm
splint
Michael Splint
Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 26.25

Member #: 5,059

Mr. P has done it again:)
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:40 pm
Mathew

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 63.09

Member #: 230

N1 ANDY! Smile

I thort Armin answered the questions truthfully and has restored my faith in him alot! Used to look up2him and now I no why... He's right about Armada - I dont like everything they produce but its one of my favourite labels for its diverse styles and artists.

Keep 'em coming!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:51 pm
DjBiz
Dj Biz
Moving your Body

Vibes: 24.00

Member #: 6,435

Well done...this is the reason most of us continue to support such a fine site...other's..well...there just internet bored!
Very tough questions...again the answers were fair but as stated could have been a little more emotional...

Nice Work Andy P!!!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:45 pm
Andy P
Andy

I should post all the hatemail that I'm getting, I welcome all opinions via email but it seems that some refuse to say who they are and just want to be anonymous. I'm trying to push the creative medium further than anyone has done in terms of EDM sites and I'm not afraid of any deejay (cept maybe Mark EG on smack). Armin van Buuren handled the tough questions very well and I respect him greatly for it and not being like some other A list deejay in the past who have dodged questions from it. I'll continue asking the questions that people want me to ask because it is about time that readers got their real questions answered. For the record, I do not hate Armin nor do I hate his label, I may not completely agree with what they put out but he is making a great deal of money with a lot of fans. So some people do love it but I'm going to continue pushing the medium, it is about time that sites actually innovated and gave their readers, something else rather than the same boring questions with the same old ass kissing. It is time that writers got up off their asses and started listening to their readers. This is why I do it, so I can push my great ideas and make them into interesting features and because people deserve something new and exciting.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:54 pm
DRM

Total Newbie

Vibes: 0.20

Member #: 6,081

great interview andy well done mate. nice to see he didnt dodge the intimidating questions. keep it up
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:26 pm
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

nice interview...

very good questions!..

Im interested in this house track mentioned... Smile looking forward to it
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:33 pm
Majestic
Nikola
Total Newbie

Vibes: 0.86

Member #: 5,197

Really good interview. Armin is oldskool, he is not "handling" these questions - he doesnt need to think about them before answering, he's got the answers in him and he is just spitting them out. He is one of the few who know what real music is, which in this case is "trance". I dont know what else to say ... I like him alot & I listen to him all the time. Looking forward to whatever he does in future. Greetz.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:30 pm
Viceroy
Sam
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 230.33

Member #: 3,192

Andy P wrote:
I should post all the hatemail that I'm getting, I welcome all opinions via email but it seems that some refuse to say who they are and just want to be anonymous.

I'm surprised by that, I think a lot of people would have liked to ask the same questions.
I'm even more surprised he answered the questions in the first place, instead of just ignoring them.

Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.
-Friedrich von Schiller
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:29 am
narcism
{Faithless Addict}
Podium Dancer

Vibes: 20.49

Member #: 3,101

You should of asked
"have the fans become jaded"

:p

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:46 am
Feidias
Feidias Stavrou
Part-Time Clubber

Vibes: 6.75

Member #: 5,882

heh i think he avoided to answer ur first question andy: from what i can understand u asked him y he pushes lame commercial sound and he answered that his label pushes diversed sound (meant to say that there are good tunes and bad tunes according to listener's taste(?) ) but still the best sound armada can promote at the moment has nothing to do with true underground except for some tunes like Arksun's Time etc..
Though i respect armin for his gr8t job have done for helping new producers come up ,for producing very good tracks (communication,precious etc) in the past which provided me the best moments i ever had and for trying to establish in a way trance as a respectable genre among the other Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:22 pm
johndoe1960

Total Newbie

Vibes: 0.18

Member #: 8,559

Post Post subject: Business help in China Reply with quote

I am new at this and I'd ask someone to help me with advice. I applied as recruiter manager at JobQueen, they promise to pay $87,000.00/year. I would like to know if they are for real and if they are how can I get quality sales reps in China. I didn't list the domain because promoting something is forbiden in most forums. So if you want to help me out please contact me direct at my email:
kimwongshu@yahoo.com
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:36 pm
JasK

Vibes: 0.51

Member #: 2,675

well done.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:32 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
V3S0L3C

Vibes: 0.26

Member #: 12,610

Cool inter., a little short & quicky.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:03 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Interview Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: