GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Another id request thread

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music discussion (trance, techno, progressive and other genres)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Radiosity

Podium Dancer

Vibes: 45.06

Joined: 19 Oct 2003
Member #: 4,625
Posts: 274
Location: Lincs, UK

Post Post subject: Another id request thread Reply with quote

Something of an ongoing task for me at the moment is id'ing a bunch of awesome tracks from various sources; old tapes from 1997-2001 or so, random songs ripped from mixes and albums, and more recently, tracks taken from streams recorded from online streaming stations. So I'm looking for some help in identifying them. Note that I haven't bothered sampling the tracks, so they're all full length (full being as much as I recorded at the time). Kinda makes it easier to id stuff when you have a good length of song to listen to I feel Smile

Also, if you happen to know of a good mp3 store to buy any of these tracks from, let me know please (mostly I use TrackItDown so if you happen to know a track is available there I'd appreciate the info) Smile

So anyway... here we go:

http://trancevibes.net/samples/

Direct links to all the samples are there. The 'maybe Yomanda' one is a guess, it just sounds like the sort of bouncy track he'd have done at that time (likely 98 or 99, certainly no later than 2000). The 'Love I lost' one I'm pretty sure is actually a mislabel by me at the time. I'm guessing that the love I lost (a track that I actually know now and have known for some years) was played, then the one I want the id for was played after the love I lost and I ended up confusing them. Happened to me a couple of times that did, though the other time I managed to get an id thanks to hearing the track on a friend's cd Very Happy

The two tracks labeled as part of an IM mix were played at the start of that mix on RiseFM. Really would like to know what these are, they're really nice tracks.
Armageddon was played by Dave Pearce one sunday night, surprisingly enough. Bangin' choon but other than the name I've got (could be artist or title) I don't know anything more about it. All searches I've tried have turned up millions of results... mostly from that damn movie. I'm wondering if it was ever actually released...

Unknown 17 I think is Urban Dwellers - Lover Man (Satoshi Tomiie Flip Path Mix) from the White Label Euphoria album. I never got around to tagging the tracks, then deleted most of them when I got most of the stuff I liked in full versions, so this kinda got lost in the background and I never remembered what it was Surprised Thankfully the Discogs entry has track lengths so I was able to id it like that Smile

I think that's basically it, any help on the rest is very greatly appreciated Smile

edit: Couple more id'd thanks to random Trackitdown browsing Very Happy

Unknown 022 is Ferry Corsten - Beautiful (Original Mix) and I have to say I think this is one of the best he's ever done, just hits all the right spots for.

Unknown 061 is Activa - Genetix (Original Airflow Mix)

Unknown 062 is Visior & Dark Moon - Beautiful People (Stoneface & Terminal Remix)

Unknown 065 - Klems - Gated Sky

62 was easy because I knew the original track and just had to search TiD for remixes, the other two were random luck Very Happy


Last edited by Radiosity on Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:54 am
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
davehart

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 568.95

Joined: 19 Nov 2001
Member #: 910
Posts: 4314
Location: Notts, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll do my best here and see if I can help you out Smile

- Unknown Track 003: I'm sure thast either a Dmumonde or Flutlicth track, its familier.

_________________
www.davehart.me
Post rating: 1 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:51 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Radiosity

Podium Dancer

Vibes: 45.06

Joined: 19 Oct 2003
Member #: 4,625
Posts: 274
Location: Lincs, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks davehart, appreciate the help as always Very Happy And yeah, 003 is familiar and i'm actually pretty sure I id'd it once before (randomly heard it played on a steaming station) but forgot to actually note the name down... then forgot it heh.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:56 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
davehart

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 568.95

Joined: 19 Nov 2001
Member #: 910
Posts: 4314
Location: Notts, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep working away through it and see if any jog my memory. I'm sure that last track is a Yomada mix of some form of Judge inspired record.
_________________
www.davehart.me
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:55 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Joined: 11 Mar 2001
Member #: 1
Posts: 2454
Location: Norway

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started listening through the list myself, but not sure if I can be helpful. Lots of tracks...
Post rating: 1 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:16 am
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Joined: 11 Mar 2001
Member #: 1
Posts: 2454
Location: Norway

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

The track starting at 9:11 in the Infected Mushroom mix is definately "I'm the supervisor".
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:21 am
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Radiosity

Podium Dancer

Vibes: 45.06

Joined: 19 Oct 2003
Member #: 4,625
Posts: 274
Location: Lincs, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stream Smile Yeah I know all the IM tracks in that mix, those two tracks I don't know were played by IM at the beginning of a guest mix of their own tracks, which started with IM the supervisor, after these two.
At least, that's how it sounded... it was a streaming station so it's possible those two tracks were played by the station before the IM mix started. Bit difficult to tell on that one since IM use some interesting mixing methods and the way IM the Supervisor starts is something they'd likely use... well either way, they're awesome tunes that need ids Smile

edit: I've uploaded a new track. The 'Possibly Joop' one. Armin played this in the latest ASOT but the tracklist hasn't been added to the site yet and the poll on trance.nu is unavailable to me because I'm not registered... and isn't it just typical that when I try and register, the register server has a problem and won't let me.
Someone doesn't want me knowing this track Sad By the sound of it alone I'm 99% sure it's Joop though, it's definitely the sort of monster choon I'd expect from Joop (much like The Future).


edit: Three ids found, first post edited Smile

edit2: immediately after making these edits I found one more heh. First post edited again.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:28 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Joined: 11 Mar 2001
Member #: 1
Posts: 2454
Location: Norway

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Gone through a few more now. I know I've heard some of them before but it's hard to ID. Track 1 and 9 sound very familiar.

Track 18 sounds a lot like Antiloop, but not sure it's one of theirs.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:12 am
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
davehart

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 568.95

Joined: 19 Nov 2001
Member #: 910
Posts: 4314
Location: Notts, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Track 48 I know........its been in a van Dyk set many a time. I'll look it up when I get home.
_________________
www.davehart.me
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:24 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
davehart

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 568.95

Joined: 19 Nov 2001
Member #: 910
Posts: 4314
Location: Notts, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Track 047 is a track by Blank & Jones from there 'Nightclubbing Album'
_________________
www.davehart.me
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:28 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
davehart

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 568.95

Joined: 19 Nov 2001
Member #: 910
Posts: 4314
Location: Notts, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

TRACK 047: Blank & Jones - Fragile
TRACK 050: Christopher Lawrence - Renegade
TRACK 052: Alibi - Eternity (Thrillseekers Remix)

_________________
www.davehart.me
Post rating: 1 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:21 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Radiosity

Podium Dancer

Vibes: 45.06

Joined: 19 Oct 2003
Member #: 4,625
Posts: 274
Location: Lincs, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome stuff, thanks guys Smile Track 52 I was sure was Eternity (I seem to recall I mentioned that's what I thought in an older thread here) but wasn't sure of the mix, so thanks muchly for clearing that one up.

Oh, and that Joop-esque one I uploaded seems to be W&W - Mustang. Haven't been able to find it to buy on TiD though unfortunately.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:40 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Joined: 11 Mar 2001
Member #: 1
Posts: 2454
Location: Norway

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Just listening to a few more.

Track 40 sounds very familiar. Think I have it on a podcast or something. Will check if I can find out which and if there's a tracklist anywhere.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:16 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Radiosity

Podium Dancer

Vibes: 45.06

Joined: 19 Oct 2003
Member #: 4,625
Posts: 274
Location: Lincs, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey davehart, got id on that Yomanda one. You were right, it is indeed Yomanda Very Happy It's On the level, released in 2000 Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:06 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
davehart

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 568.95

Joined: 19 Nov 2001
Member #: 910
Posts: 4314
Location: Notts, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a feeling it was, it had that Yomanda vibe about it.

I've never heard that particular track by them though, must have slipped through the net.

Good old Manifesto, not a label thats still in operation now are they? Last release in 2006 so there site says.

_________________
www.davehart.me
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:51 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Radiosity

Podium Dancer

Vibes: 45.06

Joined: 19 Oct 2003
Member #: 4,625
Posts: 274
Location: Lincs, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

More updates: Managed to get a bunch more id'd thanks to the guys at LiquidFM Smile Just check the samples link, the ones I've id'd are all renamed from Track ### to whatever they're called.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:55 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music discussion (trance, techno, progressive and other genres) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
i:Vibes Store Beatport LLC visit djdownload.com


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group