GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
* Lot 49 Presents Meat Katie Out Now *

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Artist and Label News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackson_j
Joe Jackson
Part-Time Clubber

Vibes: 9.50

Member #: 9,088

Post Post subject: * Lot 49 Presents Meat Katie Out Now * Reply with quote

LOT49 Presents:

Meat Katie

It’s undeniable that over the past three years, Lot 49 has sustained its reputation as being one of the scene’s taste-making labels, and as we approach our 3rd Birthday, we thought we should celebrate in style by launching our very first compilation series ‘Lot 49 Presents’. Since 2004, we’ve been pioneering the Tech-Funk sound (a hybrid of Techno, Electro, House and Breaks) with over 25 releases featuring artists such as Meat Katie, Dylan Rhymes, Vandal, D Ramirez, Elite Force, Dexter, Jono Fernandez, Marco Bailey, James Talk, Alex Metric, Lützenkirchen, and many many more. It’s been a fantastic journey thus far, and to further solidify our roots in the Tech (and the Funk) we offer to you our new compilation ‘Lot 49 presents: Meat Katie’.

Meat Katie (Mark Pember) has made a name for himself as one of the world’s leading DJ / Producers, those who have seen him DJ in the past 5 years will know that it is his diversity and energy that has earned him this respect, His tough, Techy style, has seen him play sets across the globe alongside an eclectic group of DJs from Digitalism, Justice and Simian, Soulwax and Erol Alkan, to Deep Dish, Steve Lawler, James Zabiela Carl Cox, and John Digweed, and not forgetting some of the world’s top Breaks acts including, Plump DJ’s, Stanton Warriors. He’s supported live acts such as Chemical brothers, Represent, and Infusion, and He even recently played on the Valve Soundsystem as one of the only non-Drum ‘n Bass DJs ever to do so. Over the last year, Mark has also worked on an audio visual show along side VJ Anyone (rated No. 3 in the World) and together they have taken their unique show to clubs such as `Fabric, Urban Gorilla, Technique and last summers Glade Festival with many more in the pipeline for this year. Needless to say, Meat Katie is a DJ in hot commodity.

His first compilation for Lot 49 is really an exploration into his inimitable DJing style and sound. It’s a relentless, vibe-ing mix from start to finish, which is just about as close as you can get to seeing Meat Katie live without actually being in a club. Its also an exact representation of where LOT 49 is at right now, and where its going in the future. About the mix, Mark says, ‘Maybe its not very PC or very 'experimental' to actually try to capture your live performance on a mix comp, love it or hate it, I don’t want people to get confused as to what I do, I like it dirty and rolling...and more than anything I like my sets to carry some attitude & bollox!’ The compilation includes ten tracks exclusives including Vandal’s ‘Bad Acid’, Dylan Rhymes ‘Suicide Girls’, Elite Force ‘I Don’t Think So’, 30Hz ‘Mutton’, Meat Katie’s latest offering ‘She Ain’t Right’, and his unique rework of the Bassbin Twins ‘The Dogs’ and last but certainly not least, Rogue Element’s blistering new remix of Dylan Rhymes’ classic ‘Muzika’... Slotting in perfectly alongside the exclusives are some quality offerings from the likes of Sharam Jey, Loulou Players, Swen Webber, and David Eckenback. The list of goodness goes on and on, but as they say...the proof is in the pudding. So without further adieu LOT 49 presents: Meat Katie.

For more information or to arrange interviews / features with Meat Katie, Please contact Audrey@lot49.co.uk or call 07900 970 264.

Full Tracklisting and comments from Meat Katie:

1. Vandal ‘Bad Acid’
Big dirty live sounding funk from our very own vandal, it sets out my intentions from the start.

2. Jamie McHugh & Ricky Stone ‘Yeah’
Jamie McHugh is a versatile producer, best know for his techno, but here on ‘Yeah' he works up a quality electro - esq groove over a chunky programmed break.

3. Sharam Jey ‘When The Dogs Bite’ (Loulou Players Remix)
I love Sharam’s music, but I went for the Loulou players remix, as this track has served me extremely well live, more from them later...

4. Miles Dyson vs Blende ‘Clubweapons’ (Suendstoff)
That sax is just irresistible, its infectious, you’re going to hear more from these guys via Lot49 shortly.

5. Meat Katie ‘She Ain’t Right’
Did I mention I liked it dirty?

6. Vandal feat Odissi ‘Obey’ (Dexter Remix)
I had to put this remix on as it is my favourite piece of music we have released to date on the label, Dexter really is a constant source of inspiration.

7. Trashtalk ‘Tank Girl’ (Misc Remix)
I’m a huge Misc. fan, and this remix has worked every time I’ve played it, adding the Jono Fernandez & Nick Thayer accapella brings a human touch to this killer digital groove.

8. Dylan Rhymes ‘Suicide Girls’ (Dub)
Homeboy rolls out this awesome acid stomper, dedicated to the world famous Suicide Girls, every man’s fantasy.

9. Elite Force ‘I Don’t Think So’
I don’t think I’ve ever made a comp without EF making an appearance, a Tech Funk hero from day one, the guy always delivers, what more can I say?

10. 30Hz ‘Mutton’
I just loved the bouncy groove on this!!

11. Hi-Fi Bugs ‘Don’t Die, Don’t Kill Anyone’
Phil k & Andy Page, heavyweights of the Australian scene deliver a wonky but funky breaks/house track... glitchy and completely fucked up.........love it.

12. Alter Ego ‘Mensa’ (Dub)
This has been my late night moment at Fabric for some time now.

13. Bassbin Twins ‘The Dogs’ (Meat Katie Remix)
I loved the original, so when I agreed to remix it, I knew I had to completely rework it, I added a new riff, simple but effective!!

14. Dylan Rhymes ‘Muzika’ (Rogue Element Remix)
Rouge element is so much more than just the shining white hope for Breaks, as demonstrated on this remix, I don’t even know what you would call this style.......

15. David Ekenbäck ‘Hey Cowboy’ (Loulou Players Remix)
Ekenbäck’s wicked 'Hey Cowboy' gets the Loulou players 'golden touch', its big and its loud!

16. Vandal ‘Idiots’
Vandals approach to making tracks is...'it should tear the fucking roof off' this rough groove has been a huge ‘moment’ for me for the last 6 months, it had to go on here.

17. Swen Weber ‘First Stroke’ (Scratch Massive Remix)
This has been working in my set well for a long time, its the re- edited version I made, it has a euphoric, uplifting vibe, and by adding Odissi's vocal, it brings a little attitude, which is very much in tune with the whole comp, it felt right to end with this.

Lot 49 Presents Meat Katie is available at all major record shops as well as the Lot49 Mp3 shop and all our digital partners.

http://www.beatport.com/
http://www.djdownload.com/
http://www.junodownload.com/

* Visit The Lot49 Mp3 Shop at http://shop.lot49.co.uk/ !! *

For more info see

http://www.lot49.co.uk
http://www.myspace.com/lot49records
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:49 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Artist and Label News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: