GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Italy Vs USA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davehart

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 563.81

Member #: 910

Post Post subject: Italy Vs USA Reply with quote

Anyone catch this match? I thought Italy were well in control of the game after the first goal but ever since the own goal the USA caused them problem after problem.

I've managed to watch a few of the games so far and thought Italy were impressive in their first game but let it slide in their second.

On the subject of on the slide what about France yesterday? Had the game in total control and sat back in the second half. They should have had that game wrapped up, allthough they were hard done by with the goal that did cross the line but was not given.

Anyone catch those games?

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spherix
Erik
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 145.72

Member #: 2,831

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I saw them - shame that Italy couldn't win...
I just saw like 50 minutes of the France game as it was so booring - I think that France "best before date" have expired - their game depends to much on their old stars...

the one who have impressed me the most is definitely Argentina! Their game against Serbia was mad! Tho it will be hard for them to keep up this form through the tournament... I think that those who haven't performed very well in the begining of the tournament but have still won will be the most dangerous - like Portugal, England, Brazil.... Sweden? Wink

Germany will probably go far in the tournament as they have home advantage and all that...

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:26 pm
Stream

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

I didn't see Italy's match vs USA, but I've seen France in both their games. Seems none of their players want to attack. They just stand in the middle of the field waiting for everyone else to do their job. When they attack it's always Henry alone against the defense. When they run down the flanks and crosses into the area they never had more than 1 or 2 players in there. Pretty impossible to win when you don't have enough men in the box fighting for the ball.

Btw, I'm watching Spain vs Tunisia now, and the Tunisians have just taken the lead...
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:10 pm
davehart

I've been keeping tabs on that one to, Tunisia took the lead? There's a shocker. I think spain will power back into the match though, loads of quality in their side.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spherix
Erik

and so they did =) Torres is on fire!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:28 am
Spherix
Erik

By the way

Sweden against England today Wink It'll be interesting to see Rooney from the start tho I don't really think that he will accomplish something Wink

By the way - Crouch? He must be like the thinest fotballer ever - his legs are like straws, probably that's why he is so good - no one dares to tackle him cause they are afraid they'll break him Razz

Sweden then - no Imbrahimovic tho he has been terrible lately so it probably for the best - but the one who takes his place, Marcus Allbäck, is terrible - last game he missed like everything! A good thing is that Kim Källström will play from start - it'll give us some power Wink

2-1 to Sweden Wink

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:39 am
davehart

Stevie Gerrard will be rested so there's a let off for Sweden. England have not beaten sweden since 1950 or somewhere around there.

Rooney starting should help them if he's back to his full fitness. Both teams have not really played well in there first two matches, mayby now is the time for them to come good so we can get a good game.

3-2 England for a wild guess.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:46 pm
Stream

10-0 to England. Razz
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:59 pm
Spherix
Erik

Guess I was wrong bout Allbäck - he did a really good game and was a real fighter - banged in a goal aswell =)

Kinda fair result as England controlled the first half and Sweden the second... So England will play against Ecuador then and Sweden will play against Germany...

...what bout Norway, Stream? Who are they up against Wink Wink Wink Guess that you guys regret the 17 of May 1905 now Wink

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:30 am
Stream

It was a good game yesterday.

Norway lost in the play off's to the Check Republic (0-0 and 0-1). Our team is simply not good enough for the World Championships. Currently we only have 3-4 players of decent international standard: Carew, Riise, Gamst Pedersen and perhaps our goalie Myhre.

FYI: Swedens 2nd goalie Shabaan (who played the game vs Trinidad & Tobago) actually plays for Fredrikstad FK (I live in Fredrikstad Razz).
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:41 am
Spherix
Erik

Yeah you've had some problems lately aswell as Denmark...

yeah I heard that he have been doing well in the Norwegian league.. he is a ex-Djurgården player (both he and Swedens first goalie Isaksson are) so hopefully he'll come back to us one day Wink

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:03 pm
HaRd_TrAnCe
Davey
Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 4.80

Member #: 7,279

Post Post subject: Re: Italy Vs USA Reply with quote

davehart wrote:
Anyone catch this match? I thought Italy were well in control of the game after the first goal but ever since the own goal the USA caused them problem after problem.

I've managed to watch a few of the games so far and thought Italy were impressive in their first game but let it slide in their second.

On the subject of on the slide what about France yesterday? Had the game in total control and sat back in the second half. They should have had that game wrapped up, allthough they were hard done by with the goal that did cross the line but was not given.

Anyone catch those games?

wise ur head up
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:59 pm
Spherix
Erik

Today - it's time for the real WC to start! The Playoffs - Sweden are up against Germany in about 5 hours and to be honest I'm nervous as a ....

Don't think Sweden will have a huge chance but I sure hope that we will kick their sauerkraut asses Wink

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:54 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Other discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: