GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tutorial Info - not Steven H

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Site Feedback and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Recess
Dj Recess
Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 1.45

Member #: 7,563

Post Post subject: Tutorial Info - not Steven H Reply with quote

Hi there.

I can't find anyone to get in touch with on this site about a whole load of content from my website being re-produced VERBATIM as written by Steven H.

Everything credited to him apart from the Music FAQ was written by me - and is available at www.recess.co.uk

It was not him. Unless I've changed my name. Hang on, let me check. Nope, I'm still me.

PLEASE EITHER REMOVE ALL THE OFFENDING ARTICLES, OR SIMPLY CREDIT THEM AS ME AND PUT THEM IN A LESS NON-SENSICAL ORDER.

I'm very proud of the fact that I happily share my info all over the net - what I cannot abide is people stealing my work and claiming it as their own.

With the amount of sites I have given the 'ok' to over the years to use my info, I'm at a loss as to if I've said it's ok for you to use my stuff - but the fact it's been credited to someone who DIDN'T WRITE THAT INFORMATION is appauling.

Please respond either to this post, or the email I've sent to the webmaster asap. I will give this until the middle of June, at which point I will escalate matters.

Success is merely a failure to imagine more.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:08 pm
Viceroy
Sam
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 230.33

Member #: 3,192

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure a PM/e-mail to Steve and Stream (webmaster) would have been sufficent.

Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.
-Friedrich von Schiller
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:31 am
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

Recess, I'll send you an email in a few minutes and we'll sort this thing out.

Steven H is no longer writing for us, allthough he visits these forums from time to time.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:08 pm
Recess
Dj Recess
Cloakroom Duty

Thanks for looking, and for your email. Hopefully we'll get something sorted soon.

I hope we can work this out so my info stays up here for future visitors.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:34 am
Recess
Dj Recess
Cloakroom Duty

Hey,

As of December 06, the tutorials posted on this site will infringe on copyright for a book I'm about to release. (Click here to pre-order it on Amazon).

So I'd like to make a request to the forum owners that this, and the other posts by Steven H are credited as my work, and I'm allowed to re-edit them with content that won't breach copyright.

It's not my intention to remove these tutorials, merely to have their credit properly... credited, and have them in a state that won't impact the copyright (and, it must be said) sales of my book.

This message will be posted on all offending posts, and I've PM'd Stream about this problem too. Sorry if this sounds a bit heavy, but I'm getting alot of pressure from the publishers of the book to 'cleanse' the internet of my info. Hell, my own website can't contain this info anymore, so I think it's fair that I ask other people not to host it.

Thanks for your time.

Recess (aka John Steventon)

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:50 am
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

All these tutorials have now been removed completely from i:Vibes.

Please support John by buying his upcoming book! Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:27 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Site Feedback and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: