GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The best way to compress Livesets for Modem Users to d/l

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

Post Post subject: The best way to compress Livesets for Modem Users to d/l Reply with quote

I want to compress some livesets to help out someone who is a modem user so has slower speed, does anyone know the best way to compress the files in a way that will be allowed on myplay, I don't think Hj-split files will work
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 4:29 pm
El~ZaPo

Dancefloor Maniac

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 803

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you allowed to use actual .mp3 files? If not, try using .RAR (www.winrar.com), .ACE (www.winace.com), or .ZIP (www.winzip.com). Similar compression methods.

But, if you can use the .mp3 file extension, and just want to make the files less size.... try converting it to a mono mp3 of the same bitrate... it will cut the file size in half and still retain most of quality, but just no stereo effects.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 7:50 pm
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

Vibes: 77.64

Member #: 1,517

making live sets more available to use poooor 56k modem people seems like a very good idea Laughing Laughing

thankx.... Razz

Its Coming Home, Its Coming Home, Its Coming, Footballs Coming Home
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rob3rt

Feeling The Music

Member #: 1,604

there's no point compressing it with winace or winzip or anything. the fact that it is allready encoded to mp3 means that it is allready compressed, so winzip/ace won't make the file(s) any smaller.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 11:34 pm
ReBirth

Feeling The Music

Vibes: 0.26

Member #: 1,422

Post Post subject: yup, Reply with quote

Robert is rite there, it won't help compressing it anymore..okay might get a couple of KM's off, but not much..yeah the best way is to make it a 64kbps Mono file I'll say
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 2:06 pm
El~ZaPo

Dancefloor Maniac

The only reason I mentioned compression, is that some servers won't allow .mp3 files... and also, you can split the file into a couple in case a server won't allow much storage (ie: split into 3 files, and put each on a different account / server).
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 4:55 pm
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

As I've been looking into this, its apparent that ppl are seriously against the mp3 industry sharing, Myplay is ok for personal use but they terminate accounts with several ip addresses logged in, the file sizes can't be used by hjsplit to compress into 4 or 5 smaller files, and theres the servers like lunarpages who take away your account with sweet fa acknowledgement as to it ever existing, As someone whos been in the 56k position, its annoying cause for you guys, its seriously hard to get livesets that aren't of low shoddy quality or too big to fit into the 2 hour timeslots you get, its time for some ppl with big servers to join together and give access to everyone quality stuff, the only problem are cost and the twats who leech your links, or multi file downloads with ftps
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 5:48 pm
El~ZaPo

Dancefloor Maniac

The best way I found when I was on 56k was to just use Audiogalaxy. It takes longer but there's no bullshit of it going offline or shut down.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 7:45 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Other discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: