GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dj The Corbz (UK) - Bio - Mix D/L - Info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ The Corbz
James Corbin
Total Newbie

Vibes: 0.90

Member #: 7,412

Post Post subject: Dj The Corbz (UK) - Bio - Mix D/L - Info Reply with quote

Dj The Corbz aka James Corbin
Hard Trance / Trance / Techno DJ & Producer

www.highfishrecordings.com

Meet the youngest member of the High Fish collective...

Related sites: www.highfishrecordings.com (new site coming very soon!!) | www.technotice.co.uk (reviewer/assistant) | www.phazedout.com (featured dj)

Personal site for temporary basis: http://highfish.dancehost.net/Corbz/

Last Set: B2B with Jon the Baptist @ The High Fish Xmas Party, 23/12/05 (Read about this HERE on the High Fish Forum) DOWNLOAD THIS SET IN FULL HERE

Get a tracklisting for this set HERE

Next Set: Hard Trancelation @ Harry's Nightclub, Weymouth, 11/02/06 - www.hard-trancelation.co.uk

Latest Chart - Dec / Jan:

(Buy your records from www.chunes.net and www.technotice.co.uk !!)

01. Mike Phobos - Bass Down (DJ Slideout Remix) [Lengo]
02. Vandall - Can't Explain [CD-R]
03. Beneye & Log-One - Revolution of Your Mind [Headstrong]
04. ??? - ??? (Jon the Baptist Remix) [Skywarp]
05. Central Scrutinizer - And You All Didn't Get It [Dark Black Noize]
06. Sam Punk pres. Wheels of Steel - Self Destruction (Uberdruck Remix) [Steel Records]
07. Thilo - Untitled Project (Evanti Remix) [Straight On Black]
08. Anti Matter - Anti Christ [CD-R]
09. Cosmic Gate - The Drums (Back2Back Dub) [E-Cutz]
10. Public Domain - The Acidanimal EP [Incentive Music]

Biography:

Corbz' first turned his hand to the art of mixing back in 2001, after being greatly influenced by DJ's such as Iain Cross (Future Sound Corporation) and Abyss (Trance-Fusion), both well known for playing melodic hard trance at the time. But these days his sets can progress through many different styles, ranging from light, club uplifting trance to aggressive hard trance with an underground feel, and when the crowd are up for it - heavy hitting distorted techno.

After loads of local talk about Corbz' abilities on the decks, he landed his first booking at a night called 'Subterrania' @ Volts, Exeter, Devon. This was the only true underground venue running on a weekly basis left in the south west. Corbz rocked a newcomers night and was quickly booked again to go b2b with mixing partner and also good friend Tom George. He also picked up a few weekend residencies at small, local clubs including the Metro and The Kiva. The duo then got bookings to play @ 'High Fish' and 'Bio-Tech' events warming up for the likes of Jon the Baptist, Cross & Spinout and also Meri. His Djing career was born.

After starting a small DJ collective with friends at college, promotion was next on Corbz' long list of plans. 'Next Generation' held it's first event at the Kiva, Weymouth, Dorset in early December 2003 with guest's Iain Cross and Jim Bong of the highly acclaimed High Fish Recordings. The first night did so well a second night took place on Valentine's Day with guest's The BCR Boyz, Phat Controller and D.S.R.Y.R. Unfortunately the club closed shortly after this, and due to the lack of good / right venues, no more Next Generation events took place.

After dropping out of college to get a job, Corbz decided to drift away from the collective to focus on his solo career as a DJ and producer, as he was still learning Cubase at the time (and still is!) he hooked up with best friend Jon the Baptist to come out of the studio with his first complete collaboration as a producer, 'Cosmos' was born. After this, Jon & Corbz joined forces a number of times again with tracks 'Transitions' and ''Sin City'.

Aswell as the DJ'ing/Producing, Corbz has helped a number of reputable vinyl outlets in the past in the internet and shop trade, he helped with the 'Technotice' website (www.technotice.co.uk) and has also been known to loiter for hours on end at local store 'Chunes'. So Corbz' experience with dance music is wide-spread in many audio formats, and he has hands-on experience with distributors and record-labels alike.

"After the last 4 years probing the underground dance scene as a curious youngster, I beleive I have (finally) come of age....... (stop laughing!). At the now tender age of 18, being under-age is no longer an issue, and I can finally be comfortable in looking to start an exciting journey as a DJ.

After picking up various sets around the country between '02 to date, I feel it is now time to push again further and aim to play at the next level of events and clubs. I also want to focus in more detail on the production side of my career, striving to create my own sound."

Some of the Events / Clubs Corbz has been booked for:

Premonition @ The Candystore, Plymouth
Subsonica @ Lakota, Bristol
Phazed Out @ The Edge, Nottingham
The Panic Room @ The Paget Inn, Barry Island
Resonate @ Club Destiny, Bournemouth
Filth Infatuated @ Morganians, Bridgwater
Subterrania @ Volts Nightclub, Exeter
Hard Trancelation @ Harry's Nightclub, Weymouth
Bio-Tech @ Liberty's Nightclub, Dorchester
N-G @ The Kiva, Weymouth (Promoter, Resident)
4-Front/Next Generation @ Spanky's Nightclub, Honiton
High Fish Party @ The Beehive, Bridport
High Fish Xmas Party @ The Dorchester Town Hall, Dorchester
Chemical Element @ Beaminster Town Hall, Beaminster
The Tube, Gundry Lane, Bridport
Boshing Beats @ Club Metro, Weymouth (Ex Resident)
Big Banging Beats @ The Kiva, Weymouth (Resident)
Squeeks & Bleeps @ The Kiva, Weymouth
Charity Event @ Dorchester Corn Exchange, Dorchester
Pant-stock Free Party @ Powerstock

Some Names Booked Alongside:

The Trance Generators (Future Sound Corp, Q-Dance, Cases Records)
Sam Punk aka The Gladheadz (Steel Recs, Fette Basse)
Jeff Amadeus (Squat Records, Cluster)
Iain Cross (Future Sound Corp, High Fish Records, CX2)
Jon the Baptist (Sectioned Records, Future Sound Corp, High Fish Records)
Cross & Spinout (Country Club, High Fish Records)
Meri (Chunes, Country Club, High Fish Records)
Beneye (Uberdruck Records, Eyetrance)
M.A.T. (Country Club, High Fish)
Mark Hashimi (Technotice, Diverse Vision, Hindsight, Gas UK)
Orpheus (DHF, Hindsight, Country Club)
D.S.R.Y.R. (Diverse Vision, Blaze)
Andy M (Bare Cheek Recordings, Monastery)
Swannie (Bare Cheek Recordings, Enzo's)
Jim Bong (1st Generation, Country Club)
The Infiltrators (Premonition)
Soundfixation (Rewire, Premonition)

All material, text and pictures copyright (c) to James Corbin 2006
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:05 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: