GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Need a little advice...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomo

Getting acquainted

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 1,191

Post Post subject: Need a little advice... Reply with quote

Id really appreciate large response to this so I can kind of collectively decide. umm. Im trying to strategically place my self(physically) in an area with a great variety of access to parties and music(record stores,radio,news,etc). See Im stuck out here in god awful Texas and well I seek refuge. Confused Theres nothing wrong with Texas except that well the scene out here is effectively being shut down do to the popularity of drugs among youngsters. And although the scene was predominately DnB and Jungle, we had some fairly good trance parties, but not enough ya know? Im lookin for somethin better. I would like to break into djing and hopefully producing later. Unfortunately I havent even started yet so I got some time. But my fiance and I would both like to move to the UK after she finishs school and I was wondering if anyone on this board would have a good opinion as to where approximately would be a good place to start looking?
I appreciate any kind of response and apologize if this would have been better posted in the Whatever forum.
thank you
anthony
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 11:58 pm
Kev

Bar Manager

Vibes: 0.12

Member #: 303

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll find great events anywhere here in the UK. I live in Scotland, and there are LOADS of events all the time up here...weather is a little cold up north, but where I live down south, it's not bad.

So, basically, anywhere near a big city would be good in the UK. Especially Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Liverpool, and London.

-Kev Very Happy

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 12:29 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

Ok,
There are many great places in UK but in Ireland there are many also. Like in Derry or Letterkenny. Great places to star off djing and making music. The scene is very big over here and the competition is not as high as it is in the UK

We have many clubs in Dublin, Belfast also Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 6:37 pm
housefreax

On your way to Full-Time Clubber

Member #: 1,129

In The nethetlands their are great events to is all dutch here going to innercity i heard it was sold out already good thing i already have my ticket Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 6:39 pm
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

The midlands is good, we have Gatecrasher @ Sheffield, Cream @ Liverpool, Godskitchen in Leeds, Passion @ coalville, Progress @ Derby, just basically lots of good parties all within a couple of hours, If you live away from the cities, but not in a place thats too snobbish, then property isn't too bad either, but stay away from London, My house here would be worth double in london, and u couldn't get a flat cheaply either, plus us midlands to yorkshire ppl are much more friendly too Laughing
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 8:00 pm
mrwozat

Member #: 617

I agree with ferry corsten fan
if you live in the midlands you have great access to three of the biggest trance clubs in the uk ie gatecrasher(sheffield) godskitchen(birmingham not leeds, yeah they host a few partys in leeds but the main base is birmingham) and passion(coalville leist.)
I live in mansfield, nottinghamshire and i went to see pvd Laughing at crasher last week and i am going to see ferry corsten Shock Laughing Shock and armin van buuren :p Shock :p at godskitchen next week !!!!!!!!

what could be better !!!!!! :p :p :p

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 11:34 pm
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

and with monthly residences for Ferry, Armin, Fergie, Tiesto & JFK @ passion, you can't really complain either
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 8:27 am
Sygnus

i:Vibes HeadEditor

Vibes: 6.92

Member #: 1,072

As living in the midlands myself, I couldn't agree more :o)
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 3:55 pm
nomo

Getting acquainted

Member #: 1,191

well i guess the midlands is where its at. now i guess ill have to chat with someone about cost of living and such. thanks guys, i really appreciate the help, maybe ill see you at a party when i get over there Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 1:19 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Other discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: