GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Joe Bialek

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JOEBIALEK

Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 3.80

Member #: 4,583

Post Post subject: Joe Bialek Reply with quote

I was born on September 12, 1963 just 40 days before the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. My family was originally from Cleveland, Ohio. It is the city of my current residence. I attended Padua High School in Parma, Ohio and went on to complete a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a Masters of Public Administration at the University of Akron. In 1993, I moved back to Cleveland and resided in my grandfather's house located in the neighborhood known as Slavic Village. This is where my grandfather immigrated from Poland and the house where my father was born. I then ran for city council against the incumbent who was elected in 1985. After work each day I would walk to each of the 9,000 registered households from April to August and seemed to make a positive impression among the voters. However two other candidates entered the race and I finished last. The strange thing about the results, however, was the disparity between the absentee ballots and the card-punched ballots. According to the absentee ballots, I lost by a 2-to-1 margin to the incumbent but won by a 16-to-1 margin over the other two candidates. But according to the card-punched ballots, I finished last by just 4 votes. I was so exhausted by the campaign that a recount was the furthest from my mind. In the general election, the incumbent retained his seat.

Shortly after the election, I was elected President of South East Clevelanders Together. The purpose of this non-profit group was to organize each of the twelve sub-neighborhoods located within Slavic Village (Ward 12) to address quality of life issues in an aggressive and systematic manner. Needless to say, it did not take long for our group to clash with the Councilman's housing group. Their primary objective was to build and rehabilitate housing without any real regard for the other issues affecting the residents and business owners. The councilman's father owns a large real estate company so I'll let you draw your own conclusion. Our funding was cut off from the City of Cleveland and efforts to raise money through foundations were sabotaged. Inevitably I was forced to use my own money to sustain the efforts of the organization. In spite of all the resistance, however, we were very successfull in organizing block clubs and civic associations as well as bringing pressure to provide solutions to the problems plaguing the community. All during this time, the councilman attempted to spin my intentions as simply an effort to prepare for a second council run. I did not run again in 1997 because I felt it would be more beneficial for the community if SECT continued to push for action rather than allow the entrenched councilman to ignore issues while his housing group pushed rehabilitations and new construction.

In 1999, I moved to the Old Brooklyn neighborhood of the city of Cleveland. I decided to withdraw from public life and shift my focus to reading philosophy, economics, sociology, religion, psychology and political theory. I also committed to writing a editorial piece once per month hence the reason for my monthly email and message board postings. I do this out of altruism and receive no compensation what so ever. My sole objective is to offer suggestions on how we may fine tune America and stear the United States in a positive direction. I know I've been guilty of posting to message boards and not returning to join in the discussion. But I have read most responses. Accordingly, I hereby commit to returning no sooner or later than 24 hours after my post to answer counter arguments. I'll only respond to intellectual contributions not insults or statements from those who treat message boards like their little fiefdoms. For those of you who would like to contact me, you may reach me at the email address listed below. Thanks and let us continue to "fine tune America".

Joe Bialek
Cleveland, Ohio
jgbialek@adelphia.net
Post rating: -1 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:35 pm
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

You obviously don't read your PM's either. If you keep posting without returning to the discussion your account will be deactivated.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:39 pm
JOEBIALEK

Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 3.80

Member #: 4,583

Post Post subject: reading??? Reply with quote

And you obviously don't read the entire posts.............fiefdoms???

"Accordingly, I hereby commit to returning no sooner or later than 24 hours after my post to answer counter arguments. I'll only respond to intellectual contributions not insults or statements from those who treat message boards like their little fiefdoms."
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:55 pm
DjBiz
Dj Biz
Moving your Body

Vibes: 24.00

Member #: 6,435

Alright...so why not post on a political board...honestly what does this have to do with Trance and why are you on a Trance board?

Fiefdoms...I fail to see the similarity.
You strike me as someone looking for attention and I'm not sure this
is the place or time.

There are hundreds of political web boards out there that I'm sure will have "intellectual contributions " for you to review.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:52 pm
QbIx

Resident DJ

Vibes: 75.45

Member #: 4,122

Whilst your politicial views are intresting I am wondering, do participate in any other discussion like Trance which is the main reason these forums are in place. I know this part of the forum is designed for other topics apart from Trance but I feel that most people think all you do to participate in these forums is spew your politicial messages.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:29 am
Andy P
Andy
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 94.69

Member #: 4,745

I know the best place for this joe and the people there will love to argue with you (some of them are near complete bans but nevertheless)

join tranceaddict.com and when the account gets activated, go to the political forum, they seem to accept political nonsense, even tho half of them are complete idiots with axes to grind. You would fit in right there, I am a mod on that site as well and they could use another person to argue with and you look like you need one and the people on this site dislike you, so can you say winwinwin?

Check the frontpage daily to find out!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:34 pm
Stream

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

Have to agree with Andy here, you'll probably get more out of your discussions if you post them at the Tranceaddict political forum (if you must post them at trance-forums).
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:49 pm
davehart

Vibes: 563.92

Member #: 910

I know this is other discussion but Im sure people dont really want to read bollocks like that Smile

Little point posting essays on politics in trance, house and techno forums. Mayby I'm just anti politics but there's a place and a time for stuff like that and Im sure here is not it.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Other discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: