GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
startup a new section

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Site Feedback and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djmixman

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 1,402

Post Post subject: startup a new section Reply with quote

firstly ivibes is now the best trance site on the planet and i love u guys and appriciate the hardwork you are putting in.

i want to suggest a new section for ivibes called
TUNE OF THE WEEK section where one mp3 wud be uploaded to the server which wud be the best new trance track to hit the market Surprised . i hope this suggestion wud be taken into consideration.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 11:16 am
TranceSeeker
Breakbeat Addict
Full-Time DJ

Vibes: 0.99

Member #: 211

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think they upload mp3z here
But is it possible to make a chart somewhere?
or something where users can put their favorite track and then make a chart with all the votes?
That would be great !!!

cheers

http://users.pandora.be/TranceParadise/
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2001 9:28 pm
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

We won't upload any mp3z on i:Vibes...at least not a top-tune of the week.

What we are trying to do is having a Special-mp3 of the week...most probably a liveset or a mix....that is dedicated to us.....

For instance we had a mix by Lange that was for i:Vibes only...we need more download-mirrors to host such stuff though...1 isn't enough....as it generates way too much traffic Sad
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 7:45 pm
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

I'd love a liveset a week or something, but free webspace would be really hard to find, I mean If I had the money, I'd happily provide it, I got a nice enough connection to help, it'd be nice if each member put a tenner in every quarter year, it'd perhaps help keep a nice server running if every1 contributed, I wouldn't mind doing it to help keep every1 happy with nice livesets
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 7:57 pm
m0rph_uk

Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 1,558

Post Post subject: Weekly Top10 Reply with quote

A section that had the top 10 tunes for the different genres would be good, eg...
Top 10 - Hard Trance Tunes
Top 10 - Uplifting Trance Tunes
etc...

As it would help ppl like me to decide what tunes to download\buy. As i mentioned in a previous post somewhere on the forums i think [i:vibes] should stay away from mp3s, i think certain djs wouldn't want to co-operate with a site that hosted illegal files. And as we can all see [i:vibes] is v.popular and doing great as a trance comunity without the need of mp3s to attract ppl.

:) m0rph_uk :)
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 2:43 pm
Sygnus

i:Vibes HeadEditor

Vibes: 6.92

Member #: 1,072

I couldn't agree more m0rph. This site is getting hugely popular and I think the co-operation with DJ's and Producers is more important than hosting mp3's. THere will be a lot more gained by both us and the viewer in the long run.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 4:56 pm
Dj Gui

Ruling the Dancefloor

Vibes: 4.43

Member #: 479

I think the Tune of The week idea is good, but to find a webspace, is not good at all, lol !

What I will do, with Admins authorization is: Once per month - or even more - I will create a Liveset specially to I Vibes. itīs gonna be like a i Vibes Cd, in many volumes. By the way, we can make Front/Back covers for them aswell, to make it more professional. This idea, if works, shall be great ! I am sure...

One more thing, once per week, I will try to make a Direct Download Url from my FTP, and paste it in the Trance/Techno section. The post will be called `īMy Tune of the week recomendation`` or somehting like that. Itīs gonna be opened today. If I get replies, from people that downloaded the tune, the post will continue. Otherwise, not.

Hopefully all plans come true.

Gui 8)

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 2:06 pm
Dj Gui

Ruling the Dancefloor

I gave up of the idea of creating a FTP direct download URL public. There are too many members already here, and the first one who have tried to get the tune, wasnīt satisfied with the tune only, and tried to break my secutiry system and check my HD. Poor Him. It failed.

Anyways, letīs see what we can do with this.

Gui Cool

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 2:34 pm
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

Thanks for all your ideas and opionions. Maybe in the near future we will set up a paypal account where members can donate money to the upkeeping of ivibes.

What do you think about that? (It would be totally voluntary of each member of course)

THx! Smile

/Steven
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 5:04 pm
Sygnus

i:Vibes HeadEditor

Vibes: 6.92

Member #: 1,072

Thats actually a really good idea, I'm sure people would pay a few pence every month, every little helps
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 6:09 pm
Dj Gui

Ruling the Dancefloor

I am not all that sure Sygnus.

And how can a guy, like me in Brazil, pay for it ?

Gui Cool

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 10:00 pm
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

I don't think you'd be looked upon any different if you gave nothing or gave a lot, after all, you don't manage to run a good forum by calling ppl like that, If you can't give it'd be fine but a donations would be good, even if u gave about a tenner a year, with the amount of members, it'd help site maintainance and make the Job of stream and everyone involved on the production site nicer cos they'd see how ppl value the service and sections that are up
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 9:57 pm
Above&Beyond

Club Franchise Manager

Vibes: 0.37

Member #: 431

Id be prepared to make a small donation every month, why not! I:vibes havent asked for anything in return for producing a quality site, so i think they deserve something back. If you dont want to make a donation then dont. Simple. Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 3:57 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Site Feedback and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: