GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How are we doing?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy P
Andy
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 94.69

Member #: 4,745

Post Post subject: How are we doing? Reply with quote

I want to know...just me....what is i:Vibes.nu doing well and what are we not doing well with. I want to know exactly what is on your mind because I feel the need to listen to the visitors and members because you are the reason behind the site. Btw..pm me if you wish to tell me....I want to know. I've been here just under 6 months and I want to know what we can improve on, what i can improve on, what you would like to see. This is not really the crew members asking what's going on, This is Andy P asking what is going on because i want to know then I can take steps with others to impletment the ideas (I hope!)
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:50 am
Viceroy
Sam
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 230.33

Member #: 3,192

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

The interviews and reviews are really good. But I would like to see more psy-trance coverage, and reviews of more compilations and albums for people like me who can't get vinyl.

Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.
-Friedrich von Schiller
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:57 am
Andy P
Andy

psy trance is in the works....lol

what do you hate about the site?

see I want to know. If it is too mean...pm me the thoughts and I won't tell a soul.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:59 am
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

Vibes: 77.64

Member #: 1,517

hows about some (happy) hardcore information ?? reviews, releases e.t.c...

... also makina music would be nice Wink

Its Coming Home, Its Coming Home, Its Coming, Footballs Coming Home
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:58 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Andy P
Andy

interesting..hehehe
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:28 pm
bounce
lauren
Full-Time Clubber

Vibes: 12.15

Member #: 4,039

I agree, coverage of more genres would be nice, and it'd help people who don't know a whole lot about them to learn and get into them.

I don't hate anything about the site. It's a good quality site, all-around. One of the best electronic music sites on the web. Why do you think I come here so much? Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 1:06 am
Viceroy
Sam
Club Franchise Owner

bounce wrote:
I agree, coverage of more genres would be nice, and it'd help people who don't know a whole lot about them to learn and get into them.

I don't hate anything about the site. It's a good quality site, all-around. One of the best electronic music sites on the web. Why do you think I come here so much? Very Happy

It seems like you had left for a bit, taking a vacation were you? You hadn't posted in ages, I mean.

And happy hardcore info would be great, that's another interesting genre. Good fun to listen to anyway.
Very Happy

-Friedrich von Schiller
Post rating: 1 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 7:40 am
bounce
lauren
Full-Time Clubber

Vibes: 12.15

Member #: 4,039

Viceroy wrote:
bounce wrote:

It seems like you had left for a bit, taking a vacation were you? You hadn't posted in ages, I mean.

And happy hardcore info would be great, that's another interesting genre. Good fun to listen to anyway.
Very Happy

lol not really taking a vacation... more like completely bogged down with school to the point where i had absolutely no other life... i'm trying to graduate early, you see. it's not so bad lately though, so yay! more ivibes Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 5:11 am
QbIx

Resident DJ

Vibes: 75.45

Member #: 4,122

Viceroy wrote:
Reviews of more compilations and albums for people like me who can't get vinyl.

I second that and some more revews on offical releases of CD-R's

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 3:29 pm
Andy P
Andy

that is in the works

soon to be out.....dj diaries and lots of them.....and guess what..we got female deejays writing a few. I got a bunch of emails from girls, asking where is the female role models for deejays. All done

clubs of the world gets off the ground soon.

MORE RESPONSES!! PEOPLE!

Check the frontpage daily to find out!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:08 pm
Viceroy
Sam
Club Franchise Owner

DJ diaries - like what they have at trance.nu?

-Friedrich von Schiller
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:52 pm
Andy P
Andy

like is such a wussy word. They could not do it right, so my idea is a takeoff of dj diary and websites that have them. They don't have enough that are updated, nor do they have different people

well we got different genres and something they don't!

FEMALE DJ'S to write

I got 2 confirmed and probably 1-2 more to get in touch with. So the females have people they can look up to and so that people can notice the female talent we got out there, this was all directed from email suggestions I got.

I'll reveal more later.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:56 pm
TrAnCeAkI

Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 3.03

Member #: 4,753

i think its doing really well!! your interviews and discussions are the best anywhere!! and its nice to read stuff about different genres! im more into the hard trance and alot of other trance sites are mostly prog so its hard to find a site that mentions hard tunes and djs!

Kai Tracid is my Husband!!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 1:52 am
Andy P
Andy

Diaries coming with a BIG announcement in the next few days
Techno Review, Hard Dance Review and maybe a house/tech-house reviewer to come or maybe one of ours will do that
Label Profiles updated and in the process of being updated
(added vandit,Intrinsic,Council of Nine..and more)
ALL artist profiles will be updated and more added

another feature will be launched when ian can be arsed to help me finalize the first one. CLUBS OF THE WORLD!
A top techno tracks monthly feature.......
psy section coming...errrr...when they sort it...

and even more....

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 4:58 pm
RayvinAzn
Progressive like Tomiie
i:Vibes Helper

Vibes: 87.01

Member #: 3,469

I'd be happy to write a few reviews on some newer releases on CD, when I get my hands on them.

I like the coverage, I think it's much broader than other sites, and it offers more overall information about the full world of EDM. Granted, I'm mostly a Breaks/Prog/House fan, but I like to think I appreciate all aspects of the genre.

One thing that I think might be a good addition is the occasional re-hash of older stuff. People seem to get a bit caught up in new material, and some of the newer listeners may not get to hear some of the foundations of the music. For instance, if someone wants a good CD, most people will reccomend something more recent, like Nyana, Residents Transmission 2, or as far back as Politics. Then there's the painfully obvious classics, such as Northern Exposure, and Renaissances Mix Collection. But maybe some attention needs to be paid to the middle ground. CD's like Gatecrasher's Wet compilation, or Euphoria's early stuff. The classic of the week is a good step towards that goal, I like that feature a lot. But why not have a review every week or so of some CD's that may be forgotten in the bottom of a box, or the back of an unused CD case?

Andy, PM me if you seriously want me to do any reviews...I've got some newer material coming in, and I'd be more than happy to help this site out.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:28 am
Andy P
Andy

talk to ian about that

I'm really the idea man around here that tends to create ideas and ask the ivibes braintrust, they say yes, I go to work putting it into place. Heck, I have not had time to sort the clubs of the world, coming next week I HOPE!.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:53 am
Feidias
Feidias Stavrou
Part-Time Clubber

Vibes: 6.75

Member #: 5,882

Andy today as i was surfing on ivibes i really felt that i had to tell u how good work is being done from the crew! all genres, surveys records,interviews and many more ... u can find almost everything about the scene in here ! just wanted to express that! well done guys

I would also like to say that if ivibes could had a section for downloading a set from a different genre dj every month with a review a biography or even a comment of him on ivibes it could be cool......
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:06 pm
Viceroy
Sam
Club Franchise Owner

I think a cool thing to have would be a guide to the different genres of trance and other electronic music. Good explanations with samples maybe, and example artists.
I mention this because if you start listening to electronic music it is really hard to find out what genres you like, what they are called, and other recommendations.
I mean, what's the difference between trance and house? How are techno and breakbeat different? These are questions that someone new to the music might ask.
I could lend a hand with this, but my special is trance, I know hardly anything about other genres. Wink
Also, more reviews of big tunes coming out, and of course CDs. Smile

-Friedrich von Schiller
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:24 pm
Andy P
Andy

Hmmmmmm....maybe me and Chesco will work on that

I'd write the history of techno because since it is based from Chicago House....that's the elements....4/4 at times.

Chesco could write all the differences.

I'll add it to the huge TO DO LIST!

I have to push out the dj diaries, next day or two

Clubs of the world comes out next week I hope

Big interviews coming

So I Married A DJ part 4 CONT~! (i.e 5 and so on).....I hope to get a few BIG NAMES....trying for the two biggest....if I do get those....I'm not telling a soul......I'll hype it....without telling people....then drop it like a bomb....WOOOT!

I've only got i:Vibes.nu about 10% of what I want to accomplish....I NEED MORE PARTY REPORTERS FROM VARIOUS CLUBBING CITIES!!!!!.....PM ME OR EMAIL ME!!!!!....we can talk....

oh...more diversity is on the way, just this stuff takes time and I'm looking for a real job in the meantime, balancing this is tricky. I hope to get more of my stuff out.....we had promotions...I'm senior editor with watts and oren, Not bad for just under 7 months. Anyway as I leave off, my pm box and my email box are always open (just if you email me, just tell me your screen name, it is easier for me) and I'm always looking to hear new ideas, I may not use them or may take ages to put them into practice but i want to hear your opinions. I want to know what you hate, what you like, now true be told, I may disregard the opinion because more people want it but I value every person's opinion because you drive the site, without visitors, no advertisers and we have NO SITE!...so I'm the one that really likes to listen to opinions because they are all unique, so email me, my email is in the crew list, always happy to hear your thoughts, be honest with me, I'm being honest with you. Turning this site into a juggernaut will take time but I joined like the others with the intention of long term goals and achieving them. I only can speak for myself in saying that the 7 months (just under) have been unreal, I have not had the oppt to push my ideas (believe me, I got many) and to give the people what sites were not giving them, like chillout. So I look forward to bigger and better things and believe me there will be better, no more of his half ass lazyness that sites have...

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:41 am
Nick P
Nick

Vibes: 23.54

Member #: 6,337

Hey, I've started writing stuff on here as well and would be more than happy to help out with a history of techno... Also, a beginners guide would be good as well... I know as an American who discovered trance through the internet, it was an uphill battle to find new music. For a long time I picked up whatever scraps I could, discovering one by one the old treasures... Its certainly a daunting thing to get into when you don't have any guidance.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:26 am
Andy P
Andy

nick, you and me need to talk, my email addy is in the crew details.

The forums are next to be overhauled, they are beyond sad these days and it is time that some of us did something to completely get more people and make them better, I'm personally tired of seeing the same poster creating thread after thread, it adds nothing.

Post rating: 1 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:59 pm
Nick P
Nick

Vibes: 23.54

Member #: 6,337

Hope I didn't do something wrong, but I've e-mailed you. Smile
Post rating: 1 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:54 pm
Viceroy
Sam
Club Franchise Owner

Nick P wrote:
Hey, I've started writing stuff on here as well and would be more than happy to help out with a history of techno... Also, a beginners guide would be good as well... I know as an American who discovered trance through the internet, it was an uphill battle to find new music. For a long time I picked up whatever scraps I could, discovering one by one the old treasures... Its certainly a daunting thing to get into when you don't have any guidance.

I'll second that, but I figured it out eventually...

-Friedrich von Schiller
Post rating: 1 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:08 pm
Anonymous

Member #: -1

A sample archive would be great along with a billboard so people can see what songs are hot and a section where people can put their own music on and have others review it would be awesome. A review on DJ and producer equipment would be cool too.
Post rating: Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:56 pm
ALIAS

Getting acquainted

Vibes: 0.77

Member #: 47,302

I like this place!!! Should get more people in but i think this forum is doing fine!!!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:31 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Other discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: