GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Looking for a starting point...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amida
Jim
Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 1.27

Member #: 5,419

Post Post subject: Looking for a starting point... Reply with quote

Hey everyone - I'm new to these forums so thanks for your help in advance, I appreciate it.

I'm 18 years old and headed off to college next year, and I'm posting because I really could use some direction as to where to start (and how best to) making electronica. I'm pretty well addicted to trance and all kinds of club remix type stuff (as fellow addicts, I'm sure, will understand).

But the thing is, I really want to make the stuff! I'm a pretty musical guy but I definately do not know the ins and outs of making techno. Other than using Acid Techno and Acid Music on my Comp and the loops they give you... blah.

So basically im fishing for some kind of guidance as to what a begining DJ should buy, as far as equipment goes, and then maybe some pointers on the basic process as far as making my own loops goes.

Thanks a bunch everyone!

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:31 pm
van wollner

Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 3.95

Member #: 5,245

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

hey there dude!
i really know this feelin of yours of wantin to make music and all. I am in the same position as u.
i think by now, if u want to make sth, u oughta know basicly how your track will be goin. if u got that, the hardest part comes. buildin it all together.
I use Reason for my track makin. if u know the meldoy that u want, try puttin it on the computer through the piano roll, then use some of the sounds in the program and see if u like the sound and it fits well.
thats basically it,i think. i hope i helped.
GOOD LUCK!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:56 am
Amida
Jim
Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 1.27

Member #: 5,419

Thanks man!

The only thing I'm wondering about to start with is equipment.
They only thing I'm going to have in CU is a pretty good little laptop. But I don't have a keyboard or anything...yet.

So what I'm wondering now is what kind of equipment (and basic prices) you guys would recomend for a total newb like me? Thanks again.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:06 pm
discovery01
Peter F
Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 1.64

Member #: 5,923

If your gonna use reason you should invest in a usb keyboard. go to www.evolution.co.uk and check out their range. they come in handy!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 5:06 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: