GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Basic Techno Production

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tracatak
jay

Vibes: 0.28

Member #: 5,263

Post Post subject: Basic Techno Production Reply with quote

HI all...im trying to learn how to make the basic techno loop..that wishy washy sound(or rolling effect)...i already make hardcore..so i know all the real basic 4/4 BS..i just need to know what makes techno,,not just the basic BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM...what else is involved in it..maybe some1 can give me a basic walk thru..i use fruity loops...but if u dont its ok...jsut tell me whatu do in your program or what makes techno tick..maybe something i can creat from a drum kick in sound forge..mostlyi need to know hwo to do the drum part first...from there i can add tons of percussion.etc..thanks
jay
new york city
TRACATAK
ADAMRECORDINGS.COM
vITUS pRODUCTIONS
tRISTATE HARDCOre
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:46 pm
Amida
Jim
Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 1.27

Member #: 5,419

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, what I do with Acid, is let the bass thump for a bit, then I start throwing in high hat for a while, followed by claps.

You can expiriment with different combos of this for quite a while and this is pretty much the basis for most rythm in trance. Also, after this develop a simple melody (if you want the quick way to make a track). Keep this melody in mind and kind of hint at it with snippets and fade in and out of it at the begining of your track. Slowly build that melody while building the drum loops until you reveal the whole thing to your audience and now you have a climax. Keep it going for a little bit, drop off (much like in the begining) and fade out of the song.

You can change whatever you'd like and I'd dare you to mess with the simplicity of what I think is a basic techno song. But it's a good thought pattern for me at least when I'm just starting something.

Good Luck!

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:55 pm
tracatak
jay

Vibes: 0.28

Member #: 5,263

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry dude i dont think u know what i meant i am asking about TECHNO not trance....techno is its own style...im talkin about the chugging techno...the machine sounding shit..hard techno...the relentless shit..keeps chugging away...techno with the wishy washy sound..liek SVEN WHITTEKIND etc.... how do i crete those loops...ty...sorry if i wasnt too accurate in my description earlier..ty for ur help anyways
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:09 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: