GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Im looking to buy a mixer & need advice on selecting one

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Padawan Trancer
Dennis Burns

Vibes: 6.86

Member #: 5,721

Post Post subject: Im looking to buy a mixer & need advice on selecting one Reply with quote

I finally have enough money saved up to purchase turntables, a mixer, headphones, etc. and am currently looking at mixers on the net. A couple of friends of mine have said that Vestax and Pioneer are the best mixers, but I don't know how reliable that is, plus, I need to choose a specific model. Any advice, reccomendations, or feedback would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I'm going to be spinning mainly trance, with a bit of techno, breaks, progressive, on the side, if that makes any difference in choosing a mixer. Thanks in advance for any help as it is much appreciated.

P.S.
This is my first time posting on a mesageboard anywhere. I just joined ivibes.nu but have ben coming to ivibes.nu, trance.nu, and other trance/techno websites/forum sites for the past couple years, but have been too lazy to join. So I guess I'm a newbie (don't make fun of me Wink )
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:36 am
Twistedjoy

Vibes: 0.14

Member #: 5,767

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

This all depends on your budget. The Pioneer DJM 600 is a good mixer if your just mixing and is fast becoming the UK standard in most big venues.
However I found out after buying one that its not really good for scratching due to the faders being a bit flimsy. But as a mixer I'd give it 9 out of 10.

Also up there is the allen & heath mixers and again these seem to get used is a lot of big venues. The only draw back is that they cost dosh, but its like anything in life....You get what you pay for.

If your on a budget well Beringer have brought out a mixer that looks almost identical to the pioneer djm 600 but costs a fraction of the price. But remember, Like I said before, You get what u pay for.

Top of my list would be the pioneer = £ 700 approx
second would be allen & heath = £1400 approx
third beringer = £240 approx

Hope That Helps............. Very Happy

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:19 pm
andrea
andrea
Regular Clubber

Vibes: 17.71

Member #: 5,799

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

hey try stanton mixers Cool stantondj.com
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 9:51 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: