GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A few gripes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Site Feedback and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dOgMa

Regular Clubber

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 263

Post Post subject: A few gripes Reply with quote

I looked through a few of the posts in this section to see if my gripes were mentioned and didn't see them so if they were already posted sorry.

First, Auto-Login does not and has never worked for me

Second, Why is disable smiles in this post always checked at the bottom of the post composer?

Third, the editing of curse words is extremely annoying. I feel like im listening to my little brothers edited limp bizkit cd's. This is just rediculous. This is the internet for gods sakes! Wheres the freedom? *Beep* *beep* what is this, TRL?

Thank you for listening to me bitch. I hope my comments will help to further the growing of this site.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 5:54 am
dOgMa

Regular Clubber

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 263

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

My last sentence in that post further explains my stand point on gripe #3. They can even say that word on TV and the radio. What the heck!?
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 5:55 am
Kev

Bar Manager

Vibes: 0.12

Member #: 303

Ok, I agree with you about the censoring of swear words...I mean, I think most people who us these boards would rather that they are able to read peoples opinions instead of just guessing what they are saying hehe. Smile It is a bit shite.

Now, auto-login DOES work...you have to have cookies enabled in your browser first though.

Also, you can set the disable smilies to be off as default in your profile if it annoys you.

Cheers,

-Kev Very Happy

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 3:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

My auto-login always works, I only have to re-do it when I delete my cookies in the browser after they get clogged up, As For the Smilies, When you register its set to off, its nothing too bad to sort out as Kev's said, plus it lets ppl know ur happy when they've helped you, or just for the hell of it... as for censorship, how about making an age option when you register, and say under 13s if there are any have it automatically censored, but theres the option for us older ones so we can see them, personally I hear enough of it at home that it doesn't shock me
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 3:48 pm
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

Hi, I will have a look at our list of beep-words and remove some of them Wink

Autologin should work in most cases but I know that on some browsers using the wrong settings the autologin just won't work at our site even if it does so on other sites you visit. Sorry about this...hope we can fix it sometime... Confused

About the smilies thing you can set that up in your Profile-settings (at the top of this page)
Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2001 10:36 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Site Feedback and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: