GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Buying decks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan89

Getting acquainted

Vibes: 1.51

Member #: 4,614

Post Post subject: Buying decks Reply with quote

Im new to DJing and so i haven't bought any decks yet. Is there anyone who can tell me some good but fairly cheap ones i could get?
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:23 pm
davehart

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 563.92

Member #: 910

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure can:

Budget £350 - Pair of Citronic PD1's

Budget £500 - Pair of Stanton STR8-80

Those are two very good budget and mid range decks to start off with. I've got a pari of Stantons and a PD1 and would recommened them to any beginner starting out.

There's no point in getting decks for a £1000 when first getting into it as the main priority should be to understand how they work, how to mix and collecting the all important 12" collection.

Some good links to look up decks and reviews:

www.htfr.com
www.decks.co.uk
www.djstore.co.uk
www.dance-village.co.uk

I've purchased DJ gear from all 4 and would recommend shopping on eaither one of the above.

Hope thats a help.

Post rating: 1 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gyrus
Jay

Vibes: 0.15

Member #: 4,698

Post Post subject: Disagree Reply with quote

I think if it's something that you're relatively serious about doing, then buy a good pair of decks from the start. There's no poing learning on belt drive pieces of shit, although if you can mix on them, you can mix on anything.

I'd recommend getting some Technics SL1210s and a budget mixer. Then even if you sell them they'll hold their value. No one's going to want to buy a second hand pair of budget decks. And it'll be much easier to learn on good decks. Check out the reviews in Dj magazine as they have a gear review section in the back.

Hope it helps
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:19 am
dan89

Getting acquainted

Post Post subject: mixers Reply with quote

got any ideas on mixers
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:25 pm
davehart

Well, there's some good ones about:

- Stanton SMX401 3 Channel mixer (£270)
- Behringer DJX700 4 Channel mixer (£160) Looks like a Pioneer DJM600/500, with slighty less features but just as good.

But my recommendation for a mixer to get is:

- Numark DXM06 2 Channel mixer (£210)

Superb 24bit digital mixer wioth ultralight corssfaders. Super effects, great build and worth every penny spent on it.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dan89

Getting acquainted

i have now got some decks and have learnt to mix. my mates want me to make a mix tape but i dant know how. can anyone tell me?
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:06 pm
Yungstar

Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 1.13

Member #: 3,518

Post Post subject: how to record a set Reply with quote

record from the mixer or your reciever for that matter. im sure you have a computer near by...connect the output from the mixer or reciever to the input of your sound card via Y cable. you will need a program to record tho. i recomend http://www.avsmedia.com/AudioUtilities/index.aspx get the recorder and your there. live sets at great quality! Cool
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Yungstar

Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 1.13

Member #: 3,518

dan89 wrote:
i have now got some decks and have learnt to mix. my mates want me to make a mix tape but i dant know how. can anyone tell me?

what kinda decks?! and mixer? Question

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dan89

Getting acquainted

i got citronic PD1s and a gemini PS540i
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:36 pm
davehart

dan89 wrote:
i got citronic PD1s and a gemini PS540i

PD1's are very nice decsk to get started on. Those where the decks I first got kicking around with just to get the hang of it and move up the market Smile

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:24 pm
epdj
Eric Patterson

Vibes: 0.40

Member #: 5,112

Post Post subject: mini player Reply with quote

Got the name? The portable vinyl player taking the form of a van which drives aroudn teh recoord. Totally portable like that vestax handitrax.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:28 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: