GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Amazon investigated over CD sales

View previous topic :: View next topic  
[i:Vibes] System

System Role

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 6

Post Post subject: Amazon investigated over CD sales Reply with quote

Discuss this [i:Vibes] article here!

[i][b]Article teaser:[/b][/i]
Online retailer Amazon is being investigated by the British record industry in a probe into cheap CDs...
Post rating: 1 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:03 pm
QbIx

Resident DJ

Vibes: 75.45

Member #: 4,122

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like another one of those moves by the music industry when it seems they are always complaining about drop in CD sales. It just shows how much the public are been ripped off yet again. It seems since the birth of P2P and cheap online retailers the music industry are cutting off their nose to spite their face and that if they are not milking the consumer no one can, pretty pathetic really. Evil or Very Mad with their recent actions like with CD WOW and sueing 12 yr olds im now have little sympathy for them and their hopeful and eventual demise perhaps better music will come about and not the trailer trash pap that dominates most of the charts.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:56 pm
DJLifeAndDeath

i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 74.33

Member #: 4,647

Evil or Very Mad Sad

Couldn't have said it better myself, So I won't well said!!

Cool

I sense much Trance in You!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:32 pm
Andy P
Andy

Vibes: 94.69

Member #: 4,745

Cut rate....roflmao.....Now I have heard everything. Amazon gets investigated for giving the customers what they want, which is low cd prices and they get in looked at. Shows how backwards the CD companies are and how backwards they have become. I can see them investigating Amazon for price dumping (which is just having low cd prices to undercut the competition) but their would be more complaints if that happened. I think another FUCK OFF CD COMPANIES IS DESERVED, I happen to like amazon because they give better prices and service.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:19 pm
Ian
on a long term break

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

What makes me laugh personally is that they have a 7% drop in profits who cares, all companies have good & bad years, and if they're losing money from suing the pants off kids and people, they're still making a HUGE Profit, and exploiting artists who make the songs and virtually get nothing from doing so
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:28 pm
narcism
{Faithless Addict}
Podium Dancer

Vibes: 20.49

Member #: 3,101

damn this article looks familiar Cool
hahaha
said it once, will say it again..... i hate the major record companies
all they really care about is money, its a very sad industry

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:57 pm
davehart

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 564.03

Member #: 910

The comment about the money is a dam fair one.

They want it all, CD sales and at high prices. When retailers make the decision to market them at prices which will sell they moan investigate them and it all gets involved in bad press like this.

When will they learn to stop blaming others for their mistakes.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andy P
Andy

Vibes: 94.69

Member #: 4,745

the cdn music industry is worse

they claim they are down 58% currently, I emailed them with the question "What are you comparing the profits due to", due to last year or the year before. See I want to see the hard figures before I even think about saying they may have a point (figures are doctored up anyway). At least cdn music retailers are listening by dropping the prices and I've never seen the HMV as busy as it is now. Maybe when they decide to stop screwing artists and screwing us, they can admit it is their fault not piracy. Piracy existed with tapes, yrs ago and they still made a mint on it. They just greedy bastards and more artists are going against them daily.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:56 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> News Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: